International Brexit News & Discussion v7: British Parliament Rejects Theresa May's Brexit Deal (Again)

So ''No Brexit" would still be your least favored option?
my answer is based on a 'realistic' outcome. Realistically I think only way brexit takes place is if parliament accept May's deal.i don't feel there is anything catastrophic about no deal either. But it's the most unlikely outcome of anything.

No deal is the default option.

Question to all: What is your priority order (must sort all, no cop out - no responses like "hard Brexit only" allowed)?

• Hard Brexit
  • May's deal Brexit
  • No Brexit / Art. 50 revocation
  • Push 2 months & parliamentary elections
  • Push 21 months, take part in EU elections, try to renegotiate

No deal Brexit
May's deal
No Brexit

Just make a goddamn decision right now and stick to it. Pushing back won't be of any help, the problem will still be the same : the EU isn't going to break the common market and end-up in an unfair competition against a deregulated UK. Regardless of anyone's feelings about Brexit, it was extremely poorly handled and it's 100% the British's fault.

The cowards abstaining during these votes are worse than those voting for a second referendum or against no deal. Because they have zero principles, they would vote either way based on what leadership or special interests backing them want not what their constituency wants.

The cowards abstaining during these votes are worse than those voting for a second referendum or against no deal. Because they have zero principles, they would vote either way based on what leadership or special interests backing them want not what their constituency wants.

The abstainers ignored the 3-line whip. Normally that would be grounds for resignation.

The abstainers ignored the 3-line whip. Normally that would be grounds for resignation.

Either have the nerve to vote your conscience now or resign. It's absurd.

Abstain = I'm afraid to make a decision. I'll decide what's best for me later.

You haven't answered my question.

Why can't we have a win-win situation?

Why do we have to compromise?? Give me a good f**king reason.

You have just swallowed the BS pedaled by the media that the
1 EU is just "inevitable"
2 we have to have open borders,
3we have to have single currency,
4 that an EU army "makes sense" ... without questioning anything!

You just swallowed it all hook, line and sinker. Just give all of our power away ...
So basicaly you are genuinely asking
'Why do we have to comprimise why cant we have it all our own way ? ''
Because thats how deals work between 2 or more parties in the real world , one side cant get everything it wants

As for your other points i added numbers to awnser them a bit more coherently
1 not inevitable but just wayy better than the shitty alternatives like those cunts at the wto and bending over to the u.s for a one sided trade deal with its infamous chlorinated chicken

2 immigration control can be done with the eu...besides its non eu immigration thats the real issue

3 we dont

4 yeah like combining arms has like totaly no benefits

2 immigration control can be done with the eu...besides its non eu immigration thats the real issue
The ironic thing is that if the government did something about non-EU migration the people would have less reason to have a grievance, that they're not being listened to. People were whining about the Polish taking jobs but that wouldn't be enough on it's own.
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/147406019/

MPs who abstain from voting on something of this importance should also abstain from their paycheck.

It's literally your job, you spineless cowards!

What the hell about the last few years shows that as even remotely legitimate a possibility.

The irony is as EU immigration has fallen since the vote outside EU immigration has ofc risen to take up the slack.

The ironic thing is that if the government did something about non-EU migration the people would have less reason to have a grievance, that they're not being listened to. People were whining about the Polish taking jobs but that wouldn't be enough on it's own.

This.

The Brexit vote was taken in the aftermath of the migrant crisis which was started and actively encouraged by Merkel.

If the EU actually had strong border control to non-EU countries, I could probably get behind it to an extent.

But as it stands now, with the EU pressuring Hungary and Italy and Poland to open their borders and let in "diversity". It is like it is almost working to destroy Europe.

Good video on the political philosophy behind the Brexit discussion. Long but worth a watch:

giphy.gif

Scotland checking how things are going down at Westminster

Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament’s Brexit coordinator, cast doubt on the EU Commission’s desire to allow an extension.

Id say birminghamstan etc is a bigger issue than the poles and latvians etc and thats non eu migration

Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament’s Brexit coordinator, cast doubt on the EU Commission’s desire to allow an extension.

Of course they are fed-up. They spent an incredible amount of time negotiating with someone that cannot enforce the deals she agrees on, why would they waste a few more weeks just to have the same shit-show at the UK parliament?

until a mad cow invites a few more million 3rd world idiots and spreads out the love.
True but again just like the u.s its enforcement of existing laws on illegals thats the main issue there ..controllong non eu immigration has little to do with brexit and more to do with mundane stuff like clamping down on slum landlords

True but again just like the u.s its enforcement of existing laws on illegals thats the main issue there ..controllong non eu immigration has little to do with brexit and more to do with mundane stuff like clamping down on slum landlords
It's almost as if the people championing Brexit and even the politicians tasked to deal with it now have no fucking idea of how the country interacts with the EU. Surely that can't be the case.

Seriously though, I've always wondered why people were so afraid of immigrants from outside the EU coming over and leeching off the system. If I was determined to immigrate and simply live off benefits, I could name at least half a dozen countries who not only actively encouraged people to come over but also had more generous social safety nets. So let's imagine I'm from Syria and I'm getting the fuck out of there because someone was beheaded in front of my house (what an asshole I am, right?). The Swedish government grants me asylum, a place of residence and some kind of stipend. Y'know what I'm gonna do? Uproot my family and go somewhere else where the people don't want me and I have to jump through more hurdles to get my free shit (if I can even get it at all)! Makes sense, right? Right?

If it's just a fear of Muslims (I'm keeping the designated word holstered because it triggers the fuck out of some people for whatever reason), how haven't they freaked out over the masses of Pakistanis or Bangladeshis already living there? Hell, even the Indians (it's not like they can tell the difference anyway)...

Back