International Brexit News & Discussion v7: British Parliament Rejects Theresa May's Brexit Deal (Again)

Why on Earth would they do that? The migrant issue is blown out of proportion, no way the Central and Eastern European countries would leave just because of that when they got so much European subsidies. Imagine Poland having to get all their expats back...
Its more than simply the migrant issue, although that's the biggest talking point. I believe they are getting very tired of Brussels trying to muscle in on their soverienty. They apparently don't want to be subsumed into some European super state.

What would be very interesting is if the Eastern European countries simply get tired of it all and decide to break away from the EU altogether and form their own union. Wonder if any of the Western European nations would decide to join them? Isolate Germany and France.

You mean back to pre-2004?

Why would anyone in Eastern Europe want to do that?

Personally I'm more than open to that. Enlarging the EU with post-communist states was a mistake.

Its more than simply the migrant issue, although that's the biggest talking point. I believe they are getting very tired of Brussels trying to muscle in on their soverienty. They apparently don't want to be subsumed into some European super state.
let them leave, of all the nations in the EU they are expendable. They benefit massively from being part of the EU.

Nothing really changed since they agreed to join, they are just annoyed because they finally realized that they had responsibilities too. If the UK had zero leverage while negotiating against the EU, imagine how badly those countries would get shafted. They know they have nothing to win, they just play with anti-EU feelings as a political tool. They aren't seriously considering to leave.

Guess time will tell guys. Interesting either way.

As if it wasn't enough of a mess : UK must hold EU elections if Brexit is delayed, says senior MEP.

"The U.K. has a “duty” to hold a European Parliament election if Brexit is delayed beyond the poll in May, according to Polish MEP Danuta Hübner, who is a member of the Parliament's Brexit Steering Group."

Makes sense, they can't be without MP while still being in the EU. It seems that nobody expected it to be necessary, but now it's going to make it even harder for GB to ask for a delay. Nobody wants to organise and campaign for an election that will be useless a few weeks later.

As if it wasn't enough of a mess : UK must hold EU elections if Brexit is delayed, says senior MEP.

"The U.K. has a “duty” to hold a European Parliament election if Brexit is delayed beyond the poll in May, according to Polish MEP Danuta Hübner, who is a member of the Parliament's Brexit Steering Group."

Makes sense, they can't be without MP while still being in the EU. It seems that nobody expected it to be necessary, but now it's going to make it even harder for GB to ask for a delay. Nobody wants to organise and campaign for an election that will be useless a few weeks later.

A European election might be fun , we could elect even bigger cunts than we normally do just for the sheer fuckoffness of it .

A European election might be fun , we could elect even bigger cunts than we normally do just for the sheer fuckoffness of it .

Honestly, with the abysmal turn-out it would get and the Brits' sense of humor, I can see some eccentric lists getting a MP or two.

Honestly, with the abysmal turn-out it would get and the Brits' sense of humor, I can see some eccentric lists getting a MP or two.
what do you think the English have done through the years? They constantly elected UKIP MEP's who were absolute jokers. Farage is a prime example of a pointless addition to Brussels. Electing a new set of eccentric MEP's wouldnt be much different to what they have been doing anyway

I would like to see Lord Buckethead get some electoral recognition .

So things are getting more interesting right now. It seems that May might be able to get a majority for the deal with the EU if there is some sort of time limit on the backstop agreement. Personally I don't believe we should compromise the backstop in any way and must stand firmly by the side and act in the interest of our member state Ireland. But maybe the union is not complete on that: The Polish foreign minister has proposed a time limit on the backstop.

Why cant you as someone who is pro EU wake up and see that the EU is stronger without the UK?

You mean back to pre-2004?

Why would anyone in Eastern Europe want to do that?

Personally I'm more than open to that. Enlarging the EU with post-communist states was a mistake.

To a degree. It will split though unless the race redpill and islamic redpill are swallowed. Only geert wilders types will save the EU. But for now it will truck along for a little longer. The departure of the UK throws france and germany back into power and free of an American puppet (UK) interfering in their affairs.

What would be very interesting is if the Eastern European countries simply get tired of it all and decide to break away from the EU altogether and form their own union. Wonder if any of the Western European nations would decide to join them? Isolate Germany and France.
Lol, why would any Western European nation leave France and Germany to join a bunch of Central and Eastern European shitholes?

Lol, why would any Western European nation leave France and Germany to join a bunch of Central and Eastern European shitholes?
Maybe they also are starting to feel Germany and France are gaining entirely too much control over the union. Maybe they don't really want to be a super state, or any number of reasons. Would you have said 5yrs ago that Britain would vote to leave?

Maybe they also are starting to feel Germany and France are gaining entirely too much control over the union. Maybe they don't really want to be a super state, or any number of reasons. Would you have said 5yrs ago that Britain would vote to leave?
Britain? Sure, they actually have a decent economy of their own as well as a tremendous sense of superiority and arrogance towards the continent. But the Eastern European shitholes can't delude themselves into thinking that the EU needs them more than they need the EU.

[QUOTE="Higus, post: 148594925, member:

Sir James Dyson was a huge supporter of Brexit. When he says he's moving their HQ from England to Singapore in order to "future-proof" the company, is it fair to interpret that like a rat trying to escape the sinking ship after he chewed a hole through the hull?[/QUOTE]

Ironically the way things are going with the terms of our exit, it looks like by moving to Singapore (who recently ratified an FTA with the EU) he'll enjoy better access to the EU market than the UK will!

Back