International Brexit Discussion v9: The Last Extension

Looks like we're on for a Christmas election then , I suppose it will at least it will give us something proper to argue about with the family over our Christmas dinners .

not so sure now.

SNP/LIB Dems/Labour want EU Nationals and 16/17 years olds to be able to vote. So if them amendments are added to today's voting the Government have come and said the bill for a GE will be pulled.

not so sure now.

SNP/LIB Dems/Labour want EU Nationals and 16/17 years olds to be able to vote. So if them amendments are added to today's voting the Government have come and said the bill for a GE will be pulled.

Is Bercow even there today ? some of these amendments do seem a bit superfluous .

Remember Brexit was going to give more money to the NHS...

Never trust a Tory.

Is Bercow even there today ? some of these amendments do seem a bit superfluous .
No, hes not.

Also, the only ammendment the speaker had put through is the date. So its either going to be the 12th(always been a thursday) or the 9th.

Looks like a GE on the 9th. The outcome of a GE is impossible in the current climate. Possibly a coalition of lib/lab/snp

I think people are seeing through the tories now.

Well its official.
134c07ce-b023-4c1b-9571-78fa7b71f136.png

UK General election on Thursday 12th December, 6 weeks time.

Who's ready for the most divisive, rude and horrible GE we've ever had?

Last edited:
Well its official.

It's going to be spiffing and full of vim.

Well its official.

It's going to be tucking horrific what ever gains the other parties make it will still come down to cynical deceitful Tories and stupid delusional Labour .

Well its official.

Are you now hoping for Brexit? As in, was your conviction that it should be cancelled grounded in your reading of the potential outcomes, or was it just a reaction to the political difficulties to achieve it?

It looks quite likely that Labour will get crushed, and I don't think Farage will be a key factor. Tories will win this handily.

so what? He is still Asian. not English, Scottish, or welsh.

he is not native to Britain.
going by that criteria you aint native to the states you muppet, fuck off out the country you potential terrorist..

you aint native to the states you muppett

family came over right around the civil war. When nebraska became a state we came to Gods country. Homesteaded. Sod house and all.

my ancestors built America.

Not like new age immigrants who come to exploit what was already built.

Are you now hoping for Brexit? As in, was your conviction that it should be cancelled grounded in your reading of the potential outcomes, or was it just a reaction to the political difficulties to achieve it?

It looks quite likely that Labour will get crushed, and I don't think Farage will be a key factor. Tories will win this handily.

I don't understand how people can vote for the Tories after 9 odd years of shit nevermind this Brexit cluster fuck.

This might be a part of it thoigh...

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/op...ve-become-part-of-johnsons-fake-news-machine/

But then a lot of people are idiots as they will see the info below and still vote for the cunts.

with each passing day, EU regrets Britain leaving EU less and less
what an absolute shit show this has turned into

so what will general elections change ? after GE, there will only be a month (or less?) to get ready for brexit - there is no political party in the world which would make it happen in such a short time span
another brexit extension incoming ?

I dont get it - why arent brits up in arms over this? why arent there protests happening like they do in france (where they protest over stuff with much less impact on the nation) ?

you brits are showing yourselves as weak, allowing yourselves to be deceived and lied to by your political elites - I would expect this from war torn or poor nations, not one of the european economy power houses
this is a far cry from britain of WW2

I personally think we should cancel it.

1. Conservatives. I dont think the new deal Boris has got is any good. It locks Ireland in with the eu, it puts a border down the Irish sea. Northern Irelands biggest trading partner is mainland UK, so what a dumb stupid idea his deal is. Not to mention, 3 years trying to get a new free trade deal. No thanks Boris, keep it.

2. Brexit Party. Leaving without a deal is not a thinkable reality, its not going to happen. It shouldnt happen.

3. Labour. Its hard to know exactly what labour want, I imagine the only plausible deal Labour would be happy to agree would be full alignment with the customs union, full access to the single market, freedom of movement. In other words, what we have now, but handing over 30 odd billion? Fuck that, its not worth putting the country through an additional 2 or 3 years of renegotiation to be no better or worse off, just a huge waste of time.

4. Lib Dems, SNP. Much like the Brexit party, a clear straight forward message, only on the other side of the spectrum, much less dangerous. Cancel Brexit.

We should never have been asked in the first place.

I dont politically align with the Lib Dems but feel they have the best plan to resolve Brexit.

with each passing day, EU regrets Britain leaving EU less and less
what an absolute shit show this has turned into

so what will general elections change ? after GE, there will only be a month (or less?) to get ready for brexit - there is no political party in the world which would make it happen in such a short time span
another brexit extension incoming ?

I dont get it - why arent brits up in arms over this? why arent there protests happening like they do in france (where they protest over stuff with much less impact on the nation) ?

you brits are showing yourselves as weak, allowing yourselves to be deceived and lied to by your political elites - I would expect this from war torn or poor nations, not one of the european economy power houses
this is a far cry from britain of WW2

It's almost like public opinion has changed.

Weird. That cant be right. I'm pretty sure a 3 year old referendum is basically set forever.

It's almost like public opinion has changed.

Weird. That cant be right. I'm pretty sure a 3 year old referendum is basically set forever.

people who voted against brexit are pissed off
people who voted for brexit are pissed off cause it still hasnt happened and vote was based on lies and politicians that were charged with going thru with it have utterly failed

and yet, no mass protests no nothing
weak

Guess you missed the mass protests on the news....

that was a peaceful gathering that amounted to a big fat nothing (considering whats at stake), not a protest
look at france and hong kong on how to protest

family came over right around the civil war. When nebraska became a state we came to Gods country. Homesteaded. Sod house and all.

my ancestors built America.

Not like new age immigrants who come to exploit what was already built.
filthy immigrant

Back