• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BREXIT Discussion v2.0: In Stunning Decision, Britain Votes to Leave the European Union.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just noticed a lot of American conservatives cheerleading for the Brexit so I'm wonder why more of them aren't advocating something similar in the US.

The closest parallel I'd think would be to push back against the UN, although there has always been a strain of Independence in places like Texas from what I gather.

Very proud of the UK. Imagine lacking confidence so badly in your country that you actually believe it cannot survive without the EU.
Deus Vult motherfucker
maxresdefault.jpg

EU Referendum Results by Countries:

Northern Ireland (Voters turnout: 62.9%)
Leave: 349,442
Remain: 440,437
Counting complete

Wales (Voters turnout: 71.7%)

Leave: 854,572
Remain: 772,347
Counting complete

Scotland (Voters turnout: 67.2%)
Leave: 1,018,322
Remain: 1,661,191
Counting complete

England (Voters turnout: 72.9%)
Leave: 14,839,408
Remain: 12,990,310
(4 results left to declare)

http://www.bbc.com/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

The closest parallel I'd think would be to push back against the UN, although there has always been a strain of Independence in places like Texas from what I gather.

It would be the closest parallel. Because the nature and structure of the individual states is entirely different from the structure of the EU. This isn't even mentioning the fact that all the states are too intertwined and we're always part of the same country more or less... The UK however is a sovereign state in a political/economic union with other sovereign states.

To be honest I don't favor US fractioning. Id actually favor the US expanding its territory via adding Puerto Rico as an official state and annexing Baja California and Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. Lol

Soros is gonna have a heart attack. lol

Good decision by the British.

Live look-in on London through the lenses of the Remain campaign:
tumblr_mj7ixxGmcq1ql8t12o1_500.gif

They should have never given the people the choice. I doubt other European countries will get the choice now. Technically UK should be fine. Only problem is if the UK stays fine, that will be the end of the EU. So I do expect few rough months for us here in Britain as EU will do everything to make us look bad and remind rest of Europe this happens when you leave the EU. But its looking really bad for the EU now

Soros is gonna have a heart attack. lol

Good decision by the British.

He is a smart guy. Wouldn't surprise me if he shorted and bet against a remain vote in some portion just as a potential hedge.

So 56 percent of Scots and 61 percent of Northern Irish wanted to stay

Is everything so simple in your mind?

No it isnt. Which is why I find the doom and gloom put out by some market experts to be hilarious. I mean the EXPERTS were never and are never wrong right? Just look at every 7 years roughly and see a financial crisis, or financial downturn and see the number of idiots who claim to have it all figured out get destroyed via their wrong predictions.

I find it again hilarious that people who were so opposed to this. Act like it's the end.

The FT’s Jim Pickard has a copy of the script that Labour MPs have been told to use when giving interviews overnight.

Frank-Walter Steinmeier, the German foreign minister, has said this is a sad day for Britain and for the EU.

Wow. I did not think they would do it. This will be very interesting.
Britain will be great again. I'm surprised too, was expecting vote fraud by the establishment, but I'm glad to be proven wrong.

I had no doubt about what the vote would turn out to be.

Didn't the left say that the UK would go to war if they left? lol

Green MP Caroline Lucas described the referendum result as heartbreaking and called for voting reform to allow the public to better express their anger.

Speaking to BBC News she said:

I think this is an absolutely devastating result. Personally, I feel pretty heartbroken. It has revealed massive divisions within our country. There is such levels of alienation and anger and frustration which is real wake up call to Westminster. We have got here basically people rebelling against 98% of MPs.

The anger that we are hearing from around the country actually was less to do with EU per se and more to do with a sense of just having been un-heard, un-listened to for so many years.

In a statement, she added:

We’re calling on all sides to come together to fix our democracy here in Britain – starting with electoral reform for the House of Commons. The democratic deficit will not be fixed by leaving the EU – we need to look closer to home too.

The prospect of shutting down the right to free movement is frightening, as are the consequences of a campaign that has at times pitted neighbours against one another, whipped up fear and allowed lies and myths to take the place of truth. Britain deserves better and I am pledging anew to fight against division on behalf of my constituents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back