brendon shaub "k-1 striking doesnt work in mma"

Or a separate sub-forum for "Rogan or his buddies say dumb shit on a podcast" youtube videos

Oh god that's a great idea.

Call it the Bravo Zone or something like that.

Yeah, my post was real foaming at the mouth upset.

{<BJPeen}

They should simply put the garbage where it belongs. Like your posts for instance, cupcake.

Again, you're still upset it's hilarious

BULLSHIT BRANDON look how Saki is knocking out these so called world class mma fighters

if K1 prowess was valued in MMA then people would count Semmy Schilt as a great win for Fedor, do you think anyone cares Fedor beat Semmy Schilt now? Cleary Brendan is right as no one gives a fuck about Fedor beating Semmy

Fighting in the UFC isn't some some benchmark of excellence, bud. He beat a few bums on a reality show and then got flatlined by a chronically obese dude to earn his contract.

Actually it is

90 procent of pro mma guys will never fight in the ufc even if they want to.

Actually it is

90 procent of pro mma guys will never fight in the ufc even if they want to.

Yeah, but somehow you still get dudes with no record and no ability fighting under the banner.

Fighting in the UFC does not automatically make you a good fighter. Stop it.

Yeah, but somehow you still get dudes with no record and no ability fighting under the banner.

Fighting in the UFC does not automatically make you a good fighter. Stop it.

Yup but about 8 times out of 10 it means it does since pretty much every pro mma guy tries to get in the ufc( i will give the occasional slip through since ufc is run like shit)

And since we talking about schaub, you have to say schaub was a good fighter,he was better than 80 procent of guys out there in his weight category

it all depends on the level of the K1 fighter and is he able to learn to get effective tdd as quick as possible. Thats what Adesanya has done but someone else with a good K1 background could come into the UFC and get starched.
There are unlimited variables at play. Maybe the K1 fighter also did Judo his entire life and he actually prefers to take the fight to the ground. Every MMA Fighter is unique so a comment like Schaubs is just plain stupid

Yup but about 8 times out of 10 it means it does since pretty much every pro mma guy tries to get in the ufc( i will give the occasional slip through since ufc is run like shit)

And since we talking about schaub, you have to say schaub was a good fighter,he was better than 80 procent of guys out there in his weight category

Heavyweight is a garbage division, though. It's best era was during Pride. Brendan was never a good fighter. His best win was who? Old man Crocop? Matt Mitrione?

He should be happy that Rogan shut down his career with a single conversation telling him how bad he is lmao.

Heavyweight is a garbage division, though. It's best era was during Pride. Brendan was never a good fighter. His best win was who? Old man Crocop? Matt Mitrione?

He should be happy that Rogan shut down his career with a single conversation telling him how bad he is lmao.

I agree on the fact that heavyweight is what it is, but schaub was a top 15 guy if i recall so he by definition is "good"(even if division sucks)

The real talent is in the lighter divisions.Thats where you actually need to have athletic talent to get in ufc.

I agree on the fact that heavyweight is what it is, but schaub was a top 15 guy if i recall so he by definition is "good"(even if division sucks)

The real talent is in the lighter divisions.Thats where you actually need to have athletic talent to get in ufc.

I guess if we're rating him as a good fighter based purely on his standing at HW, you're right.

When I say good or bad or garbage, I'm talking about technical ability. Most of the heavyweight division is bad.

I usually agree about the smaller guys, but Schaub was one of the better pure athletes competing in the UFC at the time. If he wasn't a damn good athlete, he wouldn't have even peaked with a win over old man CroCop.

I guess if we're rating him as a good fighter based purely on his standing at HW, you're right.

When I say good or bad or garbage, I'm talking about technical ability. Most of the heavyweight division is bad.

I usually agree about the smaller guys, but Schaub was one of the better pure athletes competing in the UFC at the time. If he wasn't a damn good athlete, he wouldn't have even peaked with a win over old man CroCop.

if you say it like that i agree with you.

i just saw a defensive problem on saki because he wanted to block that shot like he has big gloves (like in k-1).
beside this reason, there is also another reason why he has lost that fight. its that he changed his training camp. He joined to Swedish team which is great by the way but they did not teach there anyting about mma. It was more like Saki was there to teach them things about striking. He had to train in Mike's gym like always so for sure Mike would make sure that Saki dont defend punches with 4oz gloves. I think if he would start to fight knowing mma gloves won't save you from punches the result would be opposite. Now he is training in Mike's gym. Lets see what happens. If he gonna lose to his next bum opponent I think better he quit.

K1 is a joke lol.

Bob Sapp KO'd Hoost...twice.

Sapp gets killed by any top 200 boxer.

if K1 prowess was valued in MMA then people would count Semmy Schilt as a great win for Fedor, do you think anyone cares Fedor beat Semmy Schilt now? Cleary Brendan is right as no one gives a fuck about Fedor beating Semmy
Correct me if I am wrong since I haven't seen this fight in over ten years. I believe Fedor's win was before Schilt went on a tear in K1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back