brendon shaub "k-1 striking doesnt work in mma"

Lmao, what he is saying is that MMA striking is much different, same way wrestling D1 doesn't instantly mean you can outwrestle everyone.

Schaub knows his shit, some of yall really don't know how embarrassing it is to mock a former top ranked mma fighter lol.
Must have been hard to type that with Schaubs dick in your other hand.

Lmao, what he is saying is that MMA striking is much different, same way wrestling D1 doesn't instantly mean you can outwrestle everyone.

Schaub knows his shit, some of yall really don't know how embarrassing it is to mock a former top ranked mma fighter lol.
MMA is kickboxing/muay thai with takedowns and submissions. K-1/Glory is kickboxing/muay thai
Sounds like a lot of crossover to me.

couple months later

"adesanya outclassed anderson silva in every round" brendon shaub

so brendon... israel adesanya translated from k-1 to mma.

still "k-1 striking doesnt work in mma" brendon?
Israel Is different than many high level kickboxer In that he doesn't rely on the big gloves for defense

he moves his head and feet, cuts angles, rolls with punches and kicks.

His style translates very well to mma.

That's hipster shit.

Everything needs to be adapted for MMA.

What's next, jiu-jitsu doesn't work cuz Maia lost?

MMA is kickboxing/muay thai with takedowns and submissions. K-1/Glory is kickboxing/muay thai
Sounds like a lot of crossover to me.
mma fighters don't fight like muay thai fighters. most of them anyway.

If this fat body can learn to strike by himself in the basement, any form of competition is beneficial in my opinion.

usa_today_10021586.0.jpg

reems got some wins on him

That’s true, but was his striking really that much better in the octagon after competing in K-1?

When he was off the sauce, I think his performances became just as erratic as pre K-1.

couple months later

Your mistake was believing that fight with Anderson was an "MMA Fight"

I dislike Shaub A LOT, but his initial statement was the K-1 kickboxing doesn't always translate well in MMA. He didn't say it never/didn't work.

couple months later

K-1 has become an expression?
Is it now a generic expression for Dutch MT?

I’m actually really asking, not trying to be smart.

Because he never actually fought in the K-1 organization.

That’s why he thought he could take Cain...

I guess kickboxers like cro cop, ubereem, melvin manhoef, mark hunt, Antoni hardonk, Semmy Schilt and Jerome lebanner were all unable to adapt their striking to MMA and had approximately zero success. Good analysis Brandon.

K-1 has become an expression?
Is it now a generic expression for Dutch MT?

I’m actually really asking, not trying to be smart.

Because he never actually fought in the K-1 organization.
K1 is pretty much dead. Bulk of the fighters were from Holland. Glory is somewhat the premier organization now. The rulesets are almost the same except they allow you to work a few seconds in the clinch in Glory vs the hold and knee once. Israel has fought in Glory although he has been very vocal but how dutch style is trash.

Back