brendon shaub "k-1 striking doesnt work in mma"

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
couple months later

"adesanya outclassed anderson silva in every round" brendon shaub

so brendon... israel adesanya translated from k-1 to mma.

still "k-1 striking doesnt work in mma" brendon?

reems got some wins on him

Why pay attention to that jackass?

I dont think him beating a 43 year old Silva by decision means too much

Works for Demian "K-1" Maia just fine..

it all depends on the level of the K1 fighter and is he able to learn to get effective tdd as quick as possible. Thats what Adesanya has done but someone else with a good K1 background could come into the UFC and get starched.

Any form of high level striking can translate to MMA, as long as it's incorporated right. Obviously with such small gloves even the best can be caught, but how in the hell can K-1 not help you develop some solid MMA striking skills?

Any form of high level striking can translate to MMA, as long as it's incorporated right. Obviously with such small gloves even the best can be caught, but how in the hell can K-1 not help you develop some solid MMA striking skills?
I firmly believe pretty much every striking art, that isn't boxing, directly translates to MMA right off the hop... You have to learn TDD of course, but if you're training a striking art that has 8 points of attack (fists, feet, knees, and elbows) you'll do just fine in MMA. Boxing has a harder time because you only train 2 points of attack (fists). Boxers have to retrain simple things like distance because kicking completely changes everything you've learned about distance.

Lmao, what he is saying is that MMA striking is much different, same way wrestling D1 doesn't instantly mean you can outwrestle everyone.

Schaub knows his shit, some of yall really don't know how embarrassing it is to mock a former top ranked mma fighter lol.

Schaubs an idiot. Izzy called him out on it, and he proceeded to deny it, even though there's video evidence lol. Schaub analytic skills really give you an insight into why he was never that great of a fighter. He got by on his b/c level athleticism in an ancient division. Got KO'd by anyone with a pulse. Red goof was actually right to tell Izzy not to listen to Brenda, unless he wanted to know how to get KO'd.

Lmao, what he is saying is that MMA striking is much different, same way wrestling D1 doesn't instantly mean you can outwrestle everyone.

Schaub knows his shit, some of yall really don't know how embarrassing it is to mock a former top ranked mma fighter lol.

Izzy had 13 fights he could've watched before saying that dumb shit. Israel already had good cage generalship, and had the distance down for MMA. Brenda likes to look smart, so he says dumb shit that sounds like smart shit sometimes, cause he thinks he won't get called out on it. Both Nate Diaz and Israel Adesanya have. Both times he looked silly and lied about what he said. It's all on video.

it all depends on the level of the K1 fighter and is he able to learn to get effective tdd as quick as possible. Thats what Adesanya has done but someone else with a good K1 background could come into the UFC and get starched.
It depends on how they fight, just like boxers and mma fighters. It's all about the styles. A footwork heavy style like Izzy's translates well. I'm not going to pretend to be some kickboxing expert, but I read around here that Saki switched his style up and became more of a brawler towards the end of his career. Hiding his chin behind his gloves and KO'ing dudes with his power, kind of like a peek a boo style. That doesn't translate well with 4 Oz gloves. Brenda didn't say any of that though, he was just hating on kick boxers cause he thought he wouldn't get called out.

Last edited:
Schaub is actually right for the most part.

What people are conveniently forgetting is that Adesanya has been a pro MMA fighter just as long as a pro kickboxer.

If he had never fought MMA until recently, best believe his striking in MMA would be less effective.

Some of y’all don’t know how embarrassing it is to declare Schaub a “former top ranked mma fighter” after being ran out of a starving division

I think he probably means dutch style kickboxing. The hands are held really high and shield doesn't work as well for MMA. I think that style benefits wrestlers starting out since the learning curve isn't as steep. It allows them to get used to taking some shots on the arm or glove and it is simple to learn. I don't believe folks are using heavy combination fighting in MMA frequently. Off the top of my head without digging deep, the only person I remember using combos ending with a low kick is Aldo.

I think guys like Kevin Lee learned as much as he can from his K1 trainers and should go somewhere else to modify his striking. He got all the punches and kicks down. He probably needs appropriate mma styled guidance.

k-1 striking. how is that any different from training ufc?

Posting anything Schaub says ought to be an automatic wasteland and ban.

Back