BREAKING: Wanderlei Releases a Video Explaning the UFC 175 Fiasco

I believe him.

It is true that he has never failed a test.

I am withholding judgement before shitting over a

Legend

unlike the majority of Pride hating hipster fans here.

yet they believe everything a guy like sonnen says.

it was obviously a misunderstanding.

wand wants to fight!

ball is you your court mr sonnen.

ball is in Sonnens court? Sonnen has tried to start the game 4 times now and Wandy has "accidentally" fucked it up every.single.time.

But he obviously must have understood this was very very important. He can understand English perfectly well and the guy must have explained you need this to get licensed.

Then he didn't call anyone. Not his lawyer or else it would have been sorted out. He just left the gym and didn't mention this to anyone apparently.

Why would someone do thAt? Especially someone who knows how the licensing process in LV works?

Well if that's the case, and he did ignore it then he will just have to accept the consequences. Sucks for him, maybe he didn't think it was that serious.

Well you see, Barao was fighting so I had to go. Heard all the news 2 days ago and waited until today to say something and won't be doing anything about it until next week.

Big misunderstanding. He was going to do everything tomorrow

The part that is throwing me off is that it doesn't sound like Wand has taken any steps to resolve the issue, he just said he hopes it works out. After Wand found out did he talk to the commission, the UFC, his lawyers..?

The video has a strange, 'victim innocent bystander I plead the fifth I'm just as surprised as you are oh well', vibe to it.

Nothing more needs to be said. All the Wand fans- please answer this question. The fight is 5 weeks away. The guy did not even apply for a licence, and all of you are telling me that he had every intention of fighting Chael? He needs to answer why he did not apply for a licence? I will further refrain from ripping Wand until i get more details. It has been 4 times the fight the past year when the fight has not gone through. Fox Sports 1 Last August, UFC 167, the PPV last week and July 5.
Vitor had applied for his license DAYS prior. Wand wasn't 2 months late or some shit.
He could have applied even later and still the fight could have happened. The license application was 100% a non-issue, just late-ish.

Lol wand flew to Brazil to avoid the test. And says he'll take one when he gets back. Sounds like he's buying more time than overeem lol.

He's flying to Brazil because he works for the UFC and they needed him in Brazil. Jesus.
And he DID contact his lawyer, so that he COULD take the piss test as soon as he was available and free from his UFC commitments.

You do realize that he actually had a legitimate reason to fly to Brazil unlike Reem who swears his mom was sick.

To watch TUF? Come on, it's not 1% as important as his fight with Chael and his career. He should've solved this already yesterday, it's the fucking third day since the news came out

Wand only had 6 months to figure it out... now he acts surprised. Sigh. So much BS.

If you are clean, you can take a random test any day of the week, any month of the year. There's no problem. Come knock the door whenever you feel like it.

Because, if you are clean, you can pass any and all tests.

To say he has passed tests before has zero meaning. Scheduled tests are IQ tests. If you fail a scheduled test, you're an idiot. It's like the Olympic games when IOC brags about how many tens of thousands of tests they're going to do in the games. It doesn't mean anything, because you don't go into the games pissing red hot. You've cycled leading up to the games, and now you're well-prepared and ready.

Wanderlei is met with a random test, and all of a sudden he has problems, and has to go. As a professional, if it was the case that he felt like having a lawyer present before taking the test, then why didn't he call the lawyer and ask for the NSAC official to wait. Surely that would've been feasible? But instead, he has an excuse that Barao is fighting so he has to watch an MMA fight instead. This is about his career and profession - surely entertainment takes the backseat then, yes? Also now he's returning back to Brazil, but you guys, wait, I'll be back later after my trip home, then I can test and then I promise you, I'll pass the test!

So, Wanderlei won't fight Chael, and instead will have to deal with the NSAC and a possible suspension.

Wouldn't he have signed these said documents multiple times before? One would think he would be familiar with the routine by now. He seems genuinely confused by this whole ordeal, thinking he will still get the fight when Vitor/Chael has already been announced. Not sure what to make of this, yet.

Opinion pending....

Well if that's the case, and he did ignore it then he will just have to accept the consequences. Sucks for him, maybe he didn't think it was that serious.

That's the thing. He did just ignore it which is just silly.

How can you think a NSaC employee saying you need to sign these papers and take medical tests to get licensed isn't important?

I might give him a pass of this had happened to someone before, or even if he had never applied for a license in LV.

But he has, and it's never happened before from what I know and he lives in Las Vegas. And has been licensed by the commission and took tests from them multiple times.

the fact he knew all this and yet completely ignored the problem, told no one to sort it out, not even the UFC and then flew to Brazil is so damning.

I give him the benefit of the doubt. He has never failed a test during his whole career plus he planned on applying for a license after Tuf which is tomorrow. If he was dirty as most people assume he would need more time to get it out his system

ball is in Sonnens court? Sonnen has tried to start the game 4 times now and Wandy has "accidentally" fucked it up every.single.time.

oh so we looking for excuses not to fight i see?

dont cast stones if you live in glass house.

bullshit!!

-he acts like its innocent that he wants to go to brazil and then come back and take his tests on his own time when hes ready

-he speaks enough english to understand who the NSAC is and has a gym full of bilingual people

He can understand English almost perfectly. He can speak it pretty well. And even reads some.

Not to mention his gym is filled with people who can speak perfect English as well as Portuguese people who speak both languages lol.

The appropriate thing to do is sign that shit with a lawyer present. Especially at his level

That makes no sense...
Can't Wand communicate in english? If not, couldn't he get one of his students to help? Hasn't he applied for licenses a ton of times before?

Even an English person should be very careful about signing contracts. Most people in society are very stupid and don't read and understand things thoroughly before they sign things.

It's a valid excuse, the question is, did Wand have the opportunity to have someone interpret the contract for him. Because he didn't run to his lawyer, he just ran.

Weird that this whole thing unfolded so fast.
Random man in black shows up
Wand wants a lawyer before signing a contract not in his primary language (makes sense)
Man in black has enough power to get NSAC and UFC to pull Wand off
Wand sounds clueless as if he hasn't even spoken to his employer or vice versa.

Aren't us Pride/old UFC fans the hipsters?

It seems to be cool to shit on legends these days for some reason, and to say that Pride was just a spectacle/fixed fights/flamboyance.
Just look at everyone completely shitting on Anderson after his losses.

Back