BREAKING: Wanderlei Releases a Video Explaning the UFC 175 Fiasco

Sounds like a load of shit.

He didn't even apply for a license.

Vitor had only applied for one DAYS before.
It's not like he was months late or some shit. He could have applied AFTER and the fight still be able to happen, don't confuse a late-ish license application as a big deal or a legitimate stumbling block.

If this was something as basic as someone not even being able to read english, it just shows how fucking ghetto this sport is.
Everyone reacts instantly to limited information like a bunch of ADD children, including professionals in MMA. So ghetto.

Has Wand ever failed a test? Ever?
He passed tests when he was in Pride and fighting in the US. He's passed every test in the UFC, including the one that Brain Stann wants to bitch and moan about being unfair and the only reason why Wand took 5 years off his life.

Unlike Sonnen, unlike Vitor, unlike Barnett. Unlike Overeem, who literally fucking flew to Europe when confronted with a piss test in the USA. And he's still totally cool.

Give Wand a test right this fucking second. Get it settled. Overeem took one a WEEK later after he dodged it.
Is this just another one of those embarrassing USA based company issues, like how referee's sometimes screw a fighter because they are not speaking to them in their native language?

Or maybe they test him right this second and he pisses hot because it was just an excuse.
Wand says he wants to take the test. Test him right now. Boom done. At least then we have something to go on.

He can understand English almost perfectly. He can speak it pretty well. And even reads some.

Not to mention his gym is filled with people who can speak perfect English as well as Portuguese people who speak both languages lol.

Just cause he can speak means nothing. I was born is Poland and speak fluent but have a very hard time reading and can't write. It would be even harder for someone that has English as a second language.

I didnt say sign it, i said read it. At least if someone read it he could have understood that it was something he had to deal with then and there and got his lawyer or manager on the phone.

This. Also Wand has fought in Vegas many times, he'll he lives there! I think he understands how the process goes. The NsAC guy would have at least told him where he's from and such, Wand just decided to ignore this? Not even follow up with a call to the UFC or anything?

It's not like he was months late or some shit. He could have applied AFTER and the fight still be able to happen, don't confuse a late-ish license application as a big deal or a legitimate stumbling block.

If this was something as basic as someone not even being able to read english, it just shows how fucking ghetto this sport is.
Everyone reacts instantly to limited information like a bunch of ADD children, including professionals in MMA. So ghetto.

He passed tests when he was in Pride and fighting in the US. He's passed every test in the UFC, including the one that Brain Stann wants to bitch and moan about being unfair and the only reason why Wand took 5 years off his life.

Unlike Sonnen, unlike Vitor, unlike Barnett. Unlike Overeem, who literally fucking flew to Europe when confronted with a piss test in the USA. And he's still totally cool.

Give Wand a test right this fucking second. Get it settled. Overeem took one a WEEK later after he dodged it.
Is this just another one of those embarrassing USA based company issues, like how referee's sometimes screw a fighter because they are not speaking to them in their native language?

Or maybe they test him right this second and he pisses hot because it was just an excuse.
Wand says he wants to take the test. Test him right now. Boom done. At least then we have something to go on.

I'm with you here man!

Why did the bitch go to his gym out of nowhere anyways. This is not Vitor Belfort. This is Wanderlei Silva who takes his tests and passes them.

Of course if he ducked the test it's good that the fight is off but why are you making him the bad guy now? No ufc employee has anything against Wanderlei.

Just cause he can speak means nothing. I was born is Poland and speak fluent but have a very hard time reading and can't write. It would be even harder for someone that has English as a second language.

Of course. I'm just saying he had people all around him who could read English, not to mention the NsAC must have explained the importance of the forms and such.

Could have called his lawyer, manager, UFC, etc. but he decided to just leave and forget about it? Okay.

This is such soap opera bs. Wand's a legend and I don't much enjoy Dana but Wand has been acting strange lately. I don't understand what he's trying to do at all. I will always enjoy his past work and cheer him on but this makes him look bad.

Sounds like a load of shit.

He didn't even apply for a license.

Nothing more needs to be said. All the Wand fans- please answer this question. The fight is 5 weeks away. The guy did not even apply for a licence, and all of you are telling me that he had every intention of fighting Chael? He needs to answer why he did not apply for a licence? I will further refrain from ripping Wand until i get more details. It has been 4 times the fight the past year when the fight has not gone through. Fox Sports 1 Last August, UFC 167, the PPV last week and July 5.

Then he busts down the ramp and dives head first into the ring

I wouldn't expect most of the young kids on this forum to understand. But Wands excuse is valid.

You never EVER sign anything without understanding it. It is reasonable to believe that Wand can't interpret an english contract well enough.

seems legit.

I believe him.

he never wanted to fight sonnen in the first place. what's wrong with him?

I CAN'T READ.

Deke.jpg

Hey haters, stop criticizing Wanderlei. What the heck would he find someone who speaks knows english language in USA? You guys are crucifying him!

Lol wand flew to Brazil to avoid the test. And says he'll take one when he gets back. Sounds like he's buying more time than overeem lol.

Back