BREAKING: Wanderlei Releases a Video Explaning the UFC 175 Fiasco

Nothing more needs to be said. All the Wand fans- please answer this question. The fight is 5 weeks away. The guy did not even apply for a licence, and all of you are telling me that he had every intention of fighting Chael? He needs to answer why he did not apply for a licence? I will further refrain from ripping Wand until i get more details.

I'm not necessarily contradicting what you are implying, but can you tell me how far in advance Wandy usually applies for his license?

For certain?

Wand says that he found out everything on the internet the same as we did.

He says that on Saturday (day of Barao's fight) a guy came up to him with papers that he wanted Wand to sign. The guy didn't have any identification and all the papers were written in English.

Wand says he needed to contact his lawyer before he could sign any documents.

Wand then says he left because it was the night of Barao's fight and he had a lot of preparation to do.

Says he's never failed to apply for a license or submit to a test in his professional career of 50 fights.

Says he planned to apply for his license and do the test when he got back from Brazil for the TUF finale.

Says he still plans to do everything possible to make the fight against Sonnen happen on July 5th.

I think that's about all the major points.

That makes no sense...
Can't Wand communicate in english? If not, couldn't he get one of his students to help? Hasn't he applied for licenses a ton of times before?

Got to give him the benefit of the doubt. The explanation seems reasonable, but I wonder if this guy asking him to sign papers will corroborate.

I didnt say sign it, i said read it. At least if someone read it he could have understood that it was something he had to deal with then and there and got his lawyer or manager on the phone.

Even if he read it then and there there's no reason for him to think it's something that must be complied with immediately as fighters aren't required to get a license over a month before the fight actually takes place. I remember fighters not getting a license until the week of the fight.

He's going to really lobby for the fight now and puff his chest about it...precisely because he knows there is zero chance of it happening.

Hmm. I thought it would be medication for his back but I guess that makes sense. I wouldn't just start signing legal papers either if I didn't know exactly what they were. But, when the commission comes knocking you gotta kinda push everything to the side and do what they need so he probably should have stayed and had his lawyer meet him at the gym. You can't just leave a random drug test and say you will hit them back a week later after you get back from Brazil.

Really not how that whole random drug test thing works. That's why athletes say it's a pain in the ass, cuz it is.

He couldn't find anyone in the gym that could read english?

exactly, ask the translator that are at every UFC in vegas to translate.... I think ufc and las vegas are doing a lot more random tests that are catching people off guard

I'm glad Wand came out with a response, after being his fan for so many years I have no reason to doubt him. What he has said is true, he has never ducked any blood tests nor has he failed any blood tests. But just wait and see all the brainless haters come in here and mindlessly bash Wanderlei anyway.

That makes no sense...
Can't Wand communicate in english? If not, couldn't he get one of his students to help? Hasn't he applied for licenses a ton of times before?

The most damning thing is he's applied for licenses tons of times before but suddenly he's confused by the papers and doesn't understand? Then flies to Brazil and acts the victim without calling the UFC, his lawyer, anyone. Lol ok.

Of course. I'm just saying he had people all around him who could read English, not to mention the NsAC must have explained the importance of the forms and such.

Could have called his lawyer, manager, UFC, etc. but he decided to just leave and forget about it? Okay.

Gotcha ,

but he's not gonna get some guys at the gym to translate legal documents. That wouldn't be very smart.

I thought that he said he would talk to this lawyer and deal with it afterwards.

The big problem is: if that was the case, he read all the news and stuff, he should've contacted the ufc and nsac in the following day at worst

Those news were on May 28, we are on May 30 and he's saying that he is going to Brasil and only when he comes back he will try to solve the situation.

It's just....there's a reason why he is not doing the tests today, and we all know what it is

Lol wand flew to Brazil to avoid the test. And says he'll take one when he gets back. Sounds like he's buying more time than overeem lol.

You do realize that he actually had a legitimate reason to fly to Brazil unlike Reem who swears his mom was sick.

Gotcha ,

but he's not gonna get some guys at the gym to translate legal documents. That wouldn't be very smart.

I thought that he said he would talk to this lawyer and deal with it afterwards.

But he obviously must have understood this was very very important. He can understand English perfectly well and the guy must have explained you need this to get licensed.

Then he didn't call anyone. Not his lawyer or else it would have been sorted out. He just left the gym and didn't mention this to anyone apparently.

Why would someone do thAt? Especially someone who knows how the licensing process in LV works?

I believe him.

It is true that he has never failed a test.

I am withholding judgement before shitting over a

Legend

Wanderlei.gif

unlike the majority of Pride hating hipster fans here.

silva-jackson.jpg

it was obviously a misunderstanding.

wand wants to fight!

ball is you your court mr sonnen.

You do realize that he actually had a legitimate reason to fly to Brazil unlike Reem who swears his mom was sick.

So watching fights is a more legitimate excuse than a sick parent? Okay.

I'm not saying Overeem is telling the truth but at least he took the test in Europe. Wand says he'll take it when he gets back.

That makes no sense...

Maybe he has a lawyer apply for licenses for him. But someone just showing up to you and presenting you with papers to sign...isn't something that is a common occurrence. I would be highly skeptical of that situation myself, and if I'm not a native speaker of the language I'd be even more skeptical of it.

My only problem with that is that he didn't call his lawyer immediately and have him look at the papers, this whole going to Brazil then coming back to get tested makes it seem like he needs to clear something out of his system.

I don't think he's scared of Sonnen and actually wants the fight, I just think he knows he'll fail that test if he took it then and there.

Gotcha ,

That's a point I agree with. You shouldn't get some guy at the gym to help you translate legal documents

Back