News Breaking: The PFL x Bellator super-card is set, Feb. 24

How the heck did Kayla get out of her PFL contract and now doing Bantam weight in UFC????

contracts are for x number of fights with a term limit on it. She had one fight left on the deal but it expired i guess 1/1/24.

Davis saying oh we just let her go rather than trying to fight this cause apparently they were going back and forth saying she owed the last fight but Kayla's team is saying no the time limit ran out, Kayla's team is right. Its either you complete the fights in the time period or it expires and once it expired she was free.

thats why she was smart with this new contract. Last time she signed with Bellator to fight Cyborg but PFL held matching rights so she had to stay. This time she made sure to get in the new contract no matching rights, no extensions, champ clauses, exclusive negotiating periods etc. When the contract was up she was free to do and go anywhere she wanted.

I believe her last contract was for only one year and had a drop dead date if I remember correctly from an interview on the MMA hour like year plus ago when she resigned.
2 years I think it was, signed in 2022 for that year and 23.

I love that the UFC signed Kayla just to shit on PFL's plans 🤣🤣. There is no way anyone in the UFC think Holm vs Harrison is an interesting match up. Im pretty aure they signed her just to ruin Cyborg vs Kayla.

Most interesting thing is seeing if she actually makes the weight. If she does and wins and looks good she'll become the face of that div which desperately needs a star.

A fight with Pena and then Nunes would be big for her. Her vs Holm isnt a "great fight" or anything but its a showcase using one of biggest wmma names. Assume it was either gonna be her or Tate, you use one of them to try and get Kayla over in her debut.

Most interesting thing is seeing if she actually makes the weight. If she does and wins and looks good she'll become the face of that div which desperately needs a star.

A fight with Pena and then Nunes would be big for her. Her vs Holm isnt a "great fight" or anything but its a showcase using one of biggest wmma names. Assume it was either gonna be her or Tate, you use one of them to try and get Kayla over in her debut.
I was hoping that division would get shut down since it's a waste of money

Haven't watched but apparently some behind the scenes...

There’s already a free UFC card on that night so I’m guessing a lot of fans would rather watch that then shell out money for “Not UFC”.
If they where both free, I'd 100% be watching the PFL event. What actually happens that day is up in the air.

I wonder which production team they will use since both of them are pretty awful. Bellators presentation is still better.

Hopefully they move Pitbull vs Pineda to another card. Should have been the drill instead of having the champs all on one card. No way all the PFL champs were gonna stay healthy after a PFL season.

Don’t know what’s up with Jackson vs Cooper. Not a necessary fight imo. Stick with Magomedkermiov and have Cooper fight a Bellator contender.

Stack the other cards with Bellator contenders vs PFL contenders and you have another super card.

Hopefully they move Pitbull vs Pineda to another card. Should have been the drill instead of having the champs all on one card. No way all the PFL champs were gonna stay healthy after a PFL season.

Don’t know what’s up with Jackson vs Cooper. Not a necessary fight imo. Stick with Magomedkermiov and have Cooper fight a Bellator contender.

Stack the other cards with Bellator contenders vs PFL contenders and you have another super card.
Pitbull vs Pinedo would be a great 5 round bout for a Bellator card. If Pinedo isn’t healthy for the PFL season, put him in Bellator

It's almost as though purchasing Bellator wasn't such a great idea for PFL.
It’s only been PFL guys that have been injured though. Cyborg not being on this card is clearly because of PFL brass too.

Back