BREAKING: Ronda vs Holm moved to UFC 193 Nov 14

I'm Australian and he's right.

I'm about as deep in the Australian MMA scene as anybody on these boards and the fact is that Australian's haven't the slightest clue about any fighter.

This explains ALOT about your posts. Thanks for clearing that up brother

I'm Australian and he's right. Any fighters competing with the label of UFC would sell out the arena.

I'm about as deep in the Australian MMA scene as anybody on these boards and the fact is that Australian's haven't the slightest clue about any fighter. Conor Mcgregor is about the most popular person we've ever had here and thats due to the huge Irish population.

The fight is the first legal bout in Victoria, Melbournian's love sport and will sell out pretty much anything just to prove a point. Despite their lower population to NSW they routinely get 80+ thousands to AFL games.

This fight would have sold out with the Hippo headlining. It's still cage fighting here & it's WWE to most people.

Read that dgt4now tard.

Macdougall is a 13 year old kid with nothing better to do .

That could be 100% true
But RR headlining the card brings much more worldwide media attention
It is a smart move by UFC

Ronda is popular here as well. Really popular [When I say really I mean for an MMA star]. In general even Conor McGregor is pretty unknown.

I'm not sure about world wide attention but no doubt it brings much more American attention.

Ronda is popular here as well. Really popular [When I say really I mean for an MMA star]. In general even Conor McGregor is pretty unknown.

I'm not sure about world wide attention but no doubt it brings much more American attention.

It will bring worldwide attention
Look at her going to Brazil & getting cheered.
Just a female headlining brings more attention to the event.

I get hardcores wanting Lawlor/Condit.
Hard to argue which fight should be better, but this should be better for MMA there in the long run.

Credit for admitting she is popular there.
Unlike the other guy that insist MMA is popular but she is unknown - you can't give any credibility to that level of dopey

I don't tangle with noobs. Not referring to you. I haven't heard you say anything retarded on these boards.

I am not taking sides
I haven't followed the argument
I just thought that was a funny reply

Give me time ... we all make retarded post :p

Some just do it a lot more than others

Listen to the people in Melbourne who aren't Ronda haters. This will sell out.

You have no idea how long Melbourne has been waiting for legal mma in a cage. Chuck in Ronda & the insane promotion they'll put behind a stadium show & you have a sell out.

110 in Sydney sold out in minutes.

Nah, it will get 70k easily. It'll sell out very very fast.

I don't think you understand how big this is going to be for Melbourne.

Was going with about 36 mates and we are still going gonna be awesome.

Cannot wait to see Bisping again and and to be at a RRR mained event is icing on the cake. Will be cheering hard for Holly to beat the odds lol.

Sad Condit V Lawler is gone but everything has a silver lining if you look hard enough.

Listen to the people in Melbourne who aren't Ronda haters. This will sell out.

You have no idea how long Melbourne has been waiting for legal mma in a cage. Chuck in Ronda & the insane promotion they'll put behind a stadium show & you have a sell out.

110 in Sydney sold out in minutes.

Proof

That it has nothing to do with Lousey.

Any first event will sell out

Bobs Crook - That's true. I was predicting Lawler/Condit would sell it out regardless. But switch to Ronda and it basically guarantees it.

Nah, it will get 70k easily. It'll sell out very very fast.

I don't think you understand how big this is going to be for Melbourne.

I guess it depends on what record he is referring to. If he's referring to just a record for that stadium, sure. If he's referring to the all-time attendance record for an MMA event, 70k is still substantially short of that number. I'm pretty sure he isn't talking about the record for just that stadium.

It's ok, whatever the easiest path is for Rousey is what she gets. Even though she's above her division, they still give her the easiest match up so she can stay champ. Shady UFC protecting Rousey as much as they possibly can.

UFC doesn't have my respect pulling this kind of crap, and then to shit on the real fighters like Lawler who actually fight top competition.

UFC shitting all over real competition for another stupid Rousey matchup. Might as well have Lesnar vs Ortiz vs Kimbo in a 3 way hell in a cage WWE matchup...

:rolleyes:UFC is shit.

Lol you're blaming the UFC for Lawler having his thumb broken?

Some people , hahahahah

I guess it depends on what record he is referring to. If he's referring to just a record for that stadium, sure. If he's referring to the all-time attendance record for an MMA event, 70k is still substantially short of that number. I'm pretty sure he isn't talking about the record for just that stadium.

I thought the record was 71k for Pride (I think)?

Not sure if your serious

Melbourne is home to some of the biggest sporting events in the World and
im telling you this is a major let down now .

LOL they need to add another big fight in there to keep the Melbourne people happy

Im definitley not going now .

We know that Rhonda will arm bar Holly in 30 seconds so why waste money to see that.

Alot of people dont like Rhonda in Melbourne i can tell you that , we dont buy into the talk talk talk beating men etc

That shit dont happen in Melbourne

Melbourne is full of Alpha males
You should pay more attention to the sports world. If you or the team are big enough or popular enough, your opponent no longer matters. That's where Ronda is.

Back