BREAKING: Ronda vs Holm moved to UFC 193 Nov 14

Interesting - Wiki has 91k too
WWE pads numbers for Mania all the time too
I am guessing that Dana is going by the 71k

I'm pretty sure Dana is discounting the 91k figure as a "MMA event" because it was a joint event with Pride and K-1. IE, it's a combat sports event, but part of the card was kick boxing so it's not the highest drawing "MMA event".

It would be like putting GGG on a UFC card and saying it was the highest drawing MMA event. Sort of true in that it HAD MMA on the card, but misleading.

Oh great.

Now we'll have to endure another Jack Slack "Killing the Queen" article spouting the virtues of JABS & TEEPS against Ronda.

Can anybody show me a Jack Slack article which doesn't talk about jabs and teeps? :D

You're trying too hard.

Stick to telling anyone who will listen that Barao will take TJ a third time ;)

That blows, I was planning on going to her fight in Vegas. Maybe next time

Dana says Ronda will break the all time attendance record with this fight at the stadium.

Holly...you in danger girl

NPH-dissapoint.gif

2 warriors fighting it out now being replaced by a bully fighting a newb just isnt the same. I have no desire seeing rousey fight ever again until she fights Cyborg and then after she loses I never want to hear about her again.

First one of these fights down, McGregor vs Aldo is next.:)

Haha

Sell out the stadium? so far the card isn't that great, even with Robbie vs Condit, they still needed 1 more huge fight.

If the ufc were that confident that Ronda would fill up this event, they would have put her as co main event but they didn't and now have to go to plan B after Robbie pulled out.

Get ready for tickets at $15

and Dana to fly in 2 weeks before the fight and hand out free tickets

Not that excited for the card no more, Hunt vs Bigfoot isn't going to be the same and a lot of people don't really care for the rematch
I'm a big fan of Bisping but I'm not going to watch him fight a C class fighter
Ronda vs Homes... lol, another mismatch, another 1st round stoppage and a ton of fake hype to fuel this crap up, it would have been for them if it was Ronda vs Tate 2 so don't be surprised if Homes pulls out from some sort of 'injury'

Struth mate. Two bloody Sheilas in the flamin' main event.

Alf Stewart won't stand for this shit.

Regardless of whether it's Lawler/Condit or Rousey/Holm - is interest in the UFC really so high in Australia that they can sell out a 70k stadium to see what's essentially a routine arena card? It seems really strange that they're putting this in a stadium.

Regardless of whether it's Lawler/Condit or Rousey/Holm - is interest in the UFC really so high in Australia that they can sell out a 70k stadium to see what's essentially a routine arena card? It seems really strange that they're putting this in a stadium.

Lawler/Condit is, on paper, one of the most exciting fights you could imagine. Almost guaranteed to be legendary. Ronda is fucking Ronda. Nothing about either of those fights is routine. The rest of the card is irrelevant, people pay for the main event.

Back