BREAKING: Ronda vs Holm moved to UFC 193 Nov 14

This is what I found at http://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/total-attendance

Pride Shockwave 2002.08.28 71,000

Going off the numbers I've heard. It's been disputed, but there are multiple sources that say 90k, and Pride/K1 used that number themselves (sure, they could have fibbed). However, they use that number with regards to the record setting event, bc it wasn't just a record for MMA, it was a record for all of combat sports. No one has disputed the actual record, as far as I know.

Largest attendance
Keep Seeking First God's Kingdom - 2014 International Convention of Jehovah's Witnesses
19 October 2014
70,059 people

This still makes me laugh.

Going off the numbers I've heard. It's been disputed, but there are multiple sources that say 90k, and Pride/K1 used that number themselves (sure, they could have fibbed). However, they use that number with regards to the record setting event, bc it wasn't just a record for MMA, it was a record for all of combat sports. No one has disputed the actual record, as far as I know.

Interesting - Wiki has 91k too
WWE pads numbers for Mania all the time too
I am guessing that Dana is going by the 71k

WWE pads numbers for Mania all the time too
I am guessing that Dana is going by the 71k

Of course he is. His numbers are the only ones that matter to him. He said Ronda's last fight did well over a million buys, too. Which it didn't.

Either way, it's a cool event. Whatever the numbers are, it will still be one of the biggest fights ever. Hope Australia enjoys it.

Of course he is. His numbers are the only ones that matter to him. He said Ronda's last fight did well over a million buys, too. Which it didn't.

Either way, it's a cool event. Whatever the numbers are, it will still be one of the biggest fights ever. Hope Australia enjoys it.

What makes you think her last fight didn't do over a million? Just remember the Meltzer report is only a guesstimate. It's far from official and it doesn't take into account a lot of other PPV providers.

Lol

193 has turned into shit now

I find it amazing that MMA is so huge there

Enjoy the event man

I can't wait, I'm a little sad that Condit and Lawler won't be there.. But I haven't been to an event yet. I held off on the Sydney and Brisbane events for a Melbourne card... And it has been worth the wait. I'm stoked they're at Etihad Stadium rather than the smaller Rod Laver Arena.

It's going to be a huge week, I'm sure of it.

What makes you think her last fight didn't do over a million? Just remember the Meltzer report is only a guesstimate. It's far from official and it doesn't take into account a lot of other PPV providers.

His numbers were eerily accurate when it came to WWE
WWE had to publish exact numbers

He been doing PPV for 30+ years
His final numbers are as accurate as you can get for MMA

Who will headline UFC 195 though? I doubt they will allow Jedrzejczyk to carry it alone. My guess is Werdum vs someone.

I'd be pretty pissed if I bought tickets for a great fight like Lawler/Condit and ended up having to watch that nonsense

Conor Mcgregor is about the most popular person we've ever had here and thats due to the huge Irish population.

I assure you I'm not lying, almost everyone I know is aware on some level of who Ronda Rousey is and barely any of them watch UFC often. They know her from the news reports, the Mayweather hype and the movies. She is far more famous than McGregor here.

Mwd7w.gif

Ain't baying this shit

It sucks that Lawler is injured, but I think this is great. The biggest star fights in another new country in front of 70,000 fans, we don't have to wait 4 months for the fight any more and it opens the January 2nd card up for another big fight.

If the UFC is smart, they'll put Tate vs Nunes on 193, too. Get the next title challenger announced (and keep the damn promise this time :icon_twis ) on the same night while also covering for injuries. Nunes is ready; the only question is whether Miesha will be. She's currently busy filming a movie, but as long as she can start her camp in mid-late September, she should be good to go.

Edit: Seen some people say that Honda could beat Holm on Nov 15th then fight Tate/Nunes on Jan 2nd. If Tate and Nunes fight before then, it's going to be a bloody war and I wouldn't expect either of them to be ready by the beginning of next year.

Dumb thumb. Hope it get healed soon. Really wanna watch that fight.

I just think they want something else to be able to hype Rousey for - IE, hopefully selling out a soccer stadium, first fighter to ever do so etc (also, the first to ever try, Im sure Lawler/Condit would sell out too).

Back