*** Breaking Bad Season 5 Discussion "Ozymandias" edition ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want bad writing just watch any Walt Jr scene.

Why is he even here.

He could have totally banged that blonde at carwash in the beginning.

"aaafter your car is done, maybe you could wax my pink cadillac and take it for a spin"

"haaaaave an a-1 day, baby. take this in the morning"

Empathy, innocent, and comic relief.

He's awesome and the only character that's not 'Breaking Bad.'

And in last night's episode his reaction to learning the truth about his dad, he reacted the same way I always imagined him to. He tackling his dad off his mom and calling the police... Flynn was one of the best thing about the entire episode, in an episode that there's something awesome happening every scene, that says something.

I don't get why Todd would need to continue to cook if he and the Aryans got so much of walt's money; he's not in it for the money at this point. And it seems like he was planning to do it when he saved jesse, and without his uncle's knowledge. A coworker in my office has a theory that Todd is in love with lydia, so he wants to keep cooking to make her love him. I think that's a possibility. I think letting Jesse live also sets up a finale showdown between walt and jesse. I hope walt wins. I love him as an anti-hero and I don't really care for jesse's character anymore.

So...Is hank really 100% dead? They didn't show him being shot/buried. If he's dead, good. Had to be done.

I wish they had also killed marie, too. That would have made everything neat and tidy.

Skyler and Walt junior turning on Walk senior like that - didn't seem very plausible to me. But whatever.

hank is dead 100%

What about the lottery ticket? I think those coordinates will win, leaving Skyler, Flynn and Holly with the jackpot. Those numbers would have never of been played unless Walt did all what he has done till now. Just a thought.

he's there because Skyler is a whore and didn't use birth control and poked holes in Walt's condoms to get out of her waitress job

You sound like a really nice guy.

He had sense enough to not respect family and kill Hank because it was the obvious thing to do. It's not the best writing to have him then turn right around and set that ruthless pragmatism aside for Walt who, with millions of dollars still in his possession, is nearly as dangerous to them as a DEA agent. Again, not the worst but definitely kinda bad.
It's definitely going to bite Jack on the ass, but it's perfectly within his character and the show's themes of family. After all, Hank should have known Walt was Heisenberg long ago but family is such a blind spot to pragmatism. Same same.

Man I really loved that shot of Skyler's hand hovering above the knives and phone. Truly they keep you guessing until the very last moments, and somehow despite it all Walt manages to bumble his way out of the jaws of defeat.

The phone call was to strike fear in the heart of Skyler, he's going to kill her. Everyone knows that. Then he broke his phone because he's angry and hulk like.

Created by Vince Gilligan

bravo vince

also the dog running by at the end is the brother of the one Jesse killed.

Todd makes no mention of jesse being able to cook when talking to his uncle. He says he could get the dea stuff out of him, then he will take care of him. Maybe the aryans dont know he can cook and todd is doing that on his own?

But I will agree it wasnt the best writing. However, I do think Todd is a hell of a lot smarter than everyone initially thought. Maybe jack saw that he was smart as a kid, and saw a lot of potential in him if he was to join his group when he got older. Now that he has joined up with them, its not just that jack doesnt want to piss off family, but doesnt want to lose a valuable asset.

I don't think he mentioned cause he was trying to conceal it from Walt that they would use Jesse for cooking. He was hiding his cards

Anyone hoping the series finale gets a 2 hour block? Is there any news on how long it's going to be?

I suppose to a career criminal that would make sense.

To me, seven million dollars is more than enough to allow me to live the rest of my life without the risk that comes with that level of crime. I mean, isn't the point of the crime in the first place the money?

Oh ya, I would be living the rest of my life on a beach if I had 7 million in cash, but it doesnt seem like it fits those guys. Not wearing gas masks during the cook, then talking about wanting to smack a bicycle helmet off a kid they saw etc, it seems like they like living on the edge.

there is a large element of luck to anyone's survival

Fixed that for you, despite the fact it didn't change anything.

Walter has been in situations that bad several times and has always found a way out, which is why he isn't dead and buried in the desert.

Mate Damon rapes Lydia and kills her. Everyone will die bad and as of now that seems to be the angle on that character

Yep.
Walt's bit on the phone with Skyler was part play-acting to reduce her legal exposure but also close to what he actually thinks. Throughout the show Walt has simultaneously displayed megalomania, narcissism, and a continual and profound inability to own his actions and behavior. Whenever things go wrong it is always the fault of someone else. That's true from Gray Matter through to Heisenberg.

No idea what point you're trying to make here, and don't care.

Walt is many things, but he isn't a "whiny baby" and that isn't why he was in the dirt. He was in the dirt because he failed to save his brother-in-law and knew he was responsible.

I believe Lost had a two hour finale, but they do a week break between the second to last and the last episode. But also counted the finale as two different episodes but showed them as one. So I think the finale will just be one hour, but the next episode should be considered part of the finale as it will undoubtedly be setting up the endgame, for the king to be checkmated or the pawns to crowned

Fixed that for you, despite the fact it didn't change anything.

Walter has been in situations that bad several times and has always found a way out, which is why he isn't dead and buried in the desert.

let's agree to disagree

Oh ya, I would be living the rest of my life on a beach if I had 7 million in cash, but it doesnt seem like it fits those guys. Not wearing gas masks during the cook, then talking about wanting to smack a bicycle helmet off a kid they saw etc, it seems like they like living on the edge.

You're probably right.

Jesse's current situation reminds me of the SAW movies for some reason.
All I saw was the Man with No Name. According to the movies, Walt the villain has sealed his own fate by allowing Jesse to remain alive AFTER he monologued his confession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back