*** Breaking Bad Season 5 Discussion "Ozymandias" edition ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of feel like that diner scene with Todd telling Jack about the train heist was there just to show how much Todd respects Walt, setting up him being willing to make a stand and save his life instead of doing the reasonable thing and letting Jack kill him.

Also, Jack really seems to respect Todd's opinion anyway. He let him decide to torture Jesse for information on the fly instead of just killing him. Was having him cook for them Todd's plan all along or just an afterthought? I can't tell if they're being reckless or justifiably confident sometimes, they really toe the line well.

Ya the general consensus is that Todd loves Lydia. And walt made 80 million. He initially estimated that he could make 300 million from the amount of methlamine they had, so even if that wasnt exactly correct, there is probably still a ton of methlamine left. So even if you ignore Todds thing for Lydia, it makes sense that they keep cooking. Those guys are career criminals, I doubt they are planning to move to beach and retire. And yes, hank is 100% dead. It showed them pulling his body into the hole.

This is what I keep saying.

Todd's uncle leaves Walt alive and gives him a barrel not because of respect but because it's the correct business decision. They stand to make another ~ 220 million from continuing to work with Madrigal and a good part of that is getting the quality up.

If the uncle doesn't know Todd intends to use Jesse as a chemistry slave, he will recognize the value in keeping Walt alive to ensure they can get the highest prices out of the raw material he currently possesses.

Accepting a 70 million dollar windfall with the potential for another 220 million or more is a much better deal than a 80 million dollar windfall and not getting 100% of the potential money from the methylamine because Madrigal backs out of the deal when the quality and color continue to not hold up.

If the uncle doesn't know Todd intends to use Jesse as a chemistry slave, he will recognize the value in keeping Walt alive to ensure they can get the highest prices out of the raw material he currently possesses.

There's no way Todd would be cooking with Jesse without Jack knowing about it.

leaving Jesse alive was a huge mistake. I really hope this isn't the copping out ending of the show.. I just can't see, for the reason of me, why after EVERYTHING , Walt wouldn't want to know Jesse is dead.

Yep, early on Schrader became my favorite character on BB. I still haven't watched season 4, though, let alone 5, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. Sounds like Hank continues on his route of badassery.

can't wait for the finale, there will be so much bitching, so much rejoice, for years to come. probably forever.

Nope.

It's a fact that Walter has always survived and Hank is dead.

no one is denying that Hank is dead and Walter is alive

even jesse called it out regarding Walter's luck, Walt is smart but he is very luck and that luck is disproportionate relative to other characters (mainly because he is the main character)

There's no way Todd would be cooking with Jesse without Jack knowing about it.

It's a possibility that he would. He want's to get into Lydia's pants and him doing this whole thing on his own means he gets to interact with Lydia directly and I don't think he wants a middleman getting in the way of that.

Ok here we go.

Walt uses the ricin on a utensil, maybe a gun, he will know that Jesse will pick up to kill Walt with. So in choosing to kill Walt, Jesse seals his own fate.

Executive Producer
Ancient Enemy

Wouldn't they make more money cooking over the long run, than just the 70 mil? I mean, these guys don't appear to be the frugal type.

Also Meth Damon, just find a hooker that resembles Lydia and be done with it.

I kind of feel like that diner scene with Todd telling Jack about the train heist was there just to show how much Todd respects Walt, setting up him being willing to make a stand and save his life instead of doing the reasonable thing and letting Jack kill him.
Yeah. It seemed like filler at the time because we had witnessed the train heist. Makes sense now that you say that.

Also, Jack really seems to respect Todd's opinion anyway. He let him decide to torture Jesse for information on the fly instead of just killing him. Was having him cook for them Todd's plan all along or just an afterthought? I can't tell if they're being reckless or justifiably confident sometimes, they really toe the line well.

I think they are mostly muscle but without the brains of a Gus Fring or even Mike Ermantraut. They are not calculated, just ruthless. Jack is not a total dumb ass in that he left Walt one barrel. He also let Jesse live based on Meth Damon's word. Meth Damon, as psycho as he is, is Jack's best asset. He knows how to cook and he thinks on his feet. With the proper training he could be a Gus type of character in 10 years.

Ok here we go.

Walt uses the ricin on a utensil, maybe a gun, he will know that Jesse will pick up to kill Walt with. So in choosing to kill Walt, Jesse seals his own fate.

Executive Producer
Ancient Enemy

Nope.

Walt survives, starts a new life with the help of Saul's guy. Changes his name to Hal, and randomly meets a woman named Lois with there being an obvious attraction between the two in the final scene... Roll credits.

Nope.

Walt survives, starts a new life with the help of Saul's guy. Changes his name to Hal, and randomly meets a woman named Lois with there being an obvious attraction between the two in the final scene... Roll credits.

Nope.

He changes his name to Tim and becomes a dentist and converts to Judaism, living in Manhattan.

he even brings skyler and saul with him to start a new life/

breaking-bad-characters-in-seinfeld.jpg

THEN he becomes a suburban dad. after the mob finds him but he knocks them all out with laughing gas

Anyone try to watch other shows but just can't because of Breaking Bad's superior acting?

Nope.

He changes his name to Tim and becomes a dentist and converts to Judaism, living in Manhattan.

he even brings skyler and saul with him to start a new life/

breaking-bad-characters-in-seinfeld.jpg

THEN he becomes a suburban dad. after the mob finds him but he knocks them all out with laughing gas

Both wrong. Walt uses that money and freezes himself to awake as a mech/jet pilot.

[YT]G6K1-iKCxuY[/YT]

LOST has superior acting. Jesse and flynn are pretty bad actors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back