• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News BREAKING: Aljo/Cejudo is a “done deal”

he was the last champion retired and came back. He should get the title shot on his return and I’m not a cejudo fan.

who’s 1. Omalley? Winning a controversial decision gets you a 1 by your name so you deserve the title? jumping 10 or more spots from a controversial win.
That’s a lot worse. Champs who retire or champs moving up should always fight for the title. And cejudo held two belts.

I figured they would get omalley in for a title shot as he’s the biggest star but I would guess he said no if this is true.
I disagree, you shouldn't be able to skirt the entire line even if you used to be the champ. O'malley, or maybe even vera should have gone first in my opinion. And yes your right, o'malley skirting most of the line was kind of bad too, but at least he was still active.

Now certainly, near a title eliminator or a top 5 like Aldo got, sure. But allowing him to come back and just fight the champion sets a shitty precedent, especially if they ever want people to take the rankings seriously

Now, I will agree it's a good matchup. But it just doesn't sit well with me I guess

I disagree, you shouldn't be able to skirt the entire line even if you used to be the champ. O'malley, or maybe even vera should have gone first in my opinion. And yes your right, o'malley skirting most of the line was kind of bad too, but at least he was still active.

Now certainly, near a title eliminator or a top 5 like Aldo got, sure. But allowing him to come back and just fight the champion sets a shitty precedent, especially if they ever want people to take the rankings seriously

Now, I will agree it's a good matchup. But it just doesn't sit well with me I guess

im fine with any of the top ranked guys getting a title shot and This case is very unique. Gsp did it but at a higher weight which is a bit different as he never fought there but was one of the goats so I didn’t have a problem with it.

I don’t think a guy who holds 2 belts will retire for 3 or however many years will then come back to fight for the title they relinquished

Cejudo is gonna dismantle Aljo.
Hate him all you want, he’s one of the best fighters ever.
I don't hate him, and can't wait to see that fight.
I'd say the same about aljo, hate him all you want, but he's one of the... no ok, but he's 100% legit.

In 2015 at UFC on Fox in Chicago we wanted to check out the fan expo thing the UFC has at every event. Only one line was short enough to get through before the event started. It was Stipe and Aljo. We weren't even 100% sure who Aljo even was. Been rooting for Aljo ever since, long before he was even considered a contender. I still can't see him beating Henry though. Henry makes Aljo use his defensive wrestling until he gets tired, then has his way with him. Aljo probably gives up his neck in the 3rd.

In 2015 at UFC on Fox in Chicago we wanted to check out the fan expo thing the UFC has at every event. Only one line was short enough to get through before the event started. It was Stipe and Aljo. We weren't even 100% sure who Aljo even was. Been rooting for Aljo ever since, long before he was even considered a contender. I still can't see him beating Henry though. Henry makes Aljo use his defensive wrestling until he gets tired, then has his way with him. Aljo probably gives up his neck in the 3rd.
Yeah because the absolutely chiseled active fighter definitely has less cardio than the dude who has been sitting on Twitter and fringe MMA sites for the last 2 years :rolleyes:

Cejudo is gonna dismantle Aljo.
Hate him all you want, he’s one of the best fighters ever.
based on what? Getting 2-3 decent wins? lol

The guy couldn't finish a fight in the UFC until his 7th fight, and it was against Wilson Reis lmao.

First of all, Aljo has never picked anyone apart at range. Can’t believe I just read that. And second, Aljo isnt a good matchup with anyone that is a wrestler first and has solid striking.

it sucked to see TJ get hurt the way he did because guys like him, Cruz, hell even Cody would pick Aljo apart standing and they all have great wrestling backgrounds and know how to scramble.

Aljo has to try to get it to the ground and CCC isn’t going to let that happen. He won’t just hand him his back the way Yan did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back