News BREAKING: Aljo/Cejudo is a “done deal”

Crujz got more cage control not top control. The fight was literally just Dj getting back up, landing good strikes and Dom muscling him down again.

DJ is absolutely a better grappler than Aljo and I'll gladly die on that hill. Nothing Aljo has done suggest that he's as much of a problem on the ground as DJ. More career subs despite being a small guy in bigger divisions unlike Aljo. Ties his wrestling together with his striking better. More impressive displays of transitions and subs. Plus sterling struggled a lot grappling Yan who is well rounded but certainly not an extraordinary grappler. DJ even managed to shut down must of Henry's TDs and even land one of his own.

I feel like a lot gets said about Aljo's grappling but it isn't as dominant as people make it out to be. He is a big, long, guy with solid wrestling and bjj. Not too much sub threat but can mix it up well. Good positional control and attacks the back well. He is certainly a better grappler than most of 135 atm but DJ is a very dominant grappler.

You know what, you might be right about DJ. I still think Aljo will out grapple Cejudo if ithe fight goes to the mat for prolonged periods of time though. I wonder when this fight will happen considering Aljo said he needed some tile to recover from some sort of injury..

Crujz got more cage control not top control. The fight was literally just Dj getting back up, landing good strikes and Dom muscling him down again.

DJ is absolutely a better grappler than Aljo and I'll gladly die on that hill. Nothing Aljo has done suggest that he's as much of a problem on the ground as DJ. More career subs despite being a small guy in bigger divisions unlike Aljo. Ties his wrestling together with his striking better. More impressive displays of transitions and subs. Plus sterling struggled a lot grappling Yan who is well rounded but certainly not an extraordinary grappler. DJ even managed to shut down must of Henry's TDs and even land one of his own.

I feel like a lot gets said about Aljo's grappling but it isn't as dominant as people make it out to be. He is a big, long, guy with solid wrestling and bjj. Not too much sub threat but can mix it up well. Good positional control and attacks the back well. He is certainly a better grappler than most of 135 atm but DJ is a very dominant grappler.
I think Aljo has very good MMA grappling/BJJ, with exceptional back attacks, which is why his grappling may be a tad overrated by some.

Agreed DJ is overall better, but I’m not sure he has anything he excels at as much as Aljo excels at back attacks, which arguably makes Aljo more dangerous in the grappling, just not as good overall.

You know what, you might be right about DJ. I still think Aljo will out grapple Cejudo if ithe fight goes to the mat for prolonged periods of time though. I wonder when this fight will happen considering Aljo said he needed some tile to recover from some sort of injury..
I wouldn't be shocked if Aljo won out on the mat. And yeah its weird that this is already a done deal before we even know when Aljo is supposed to be 100%

I think Aljo has very good MMA grappling/BJJ, with exceptional back attacks, which is why his grappling may be a tad overrated by some.

Agreed DJ is overall better, but I’m not sure he has anything he excels at as much as Aljo excels at back attacks, which arguably makes Aljo more dangerous in the grappling, just not as good overall.
Dj's sub threat is legitimately crazy when you look at how fast he can sink in a submission. The thing that he is the best at are his transitions and that ties into his subs. Give the man an inch and he'll get a deep sub in an instant.

Aljo's back attacks are legit for sure. If his sub game was a bit better then he'd be a fucking menace. He can already stick to your bac k like glue, add in some better finishes and oooooo boi

Cejudo is gonna dismantle Aljo.
Hate him all you want, he’s one of the best fighters ever.

Hard to know. Back in 2020, I'd have Cejudo all day long.

Now, he's 35 and will be nearly 3 yrs on the shelf by the time they fight.

Dj's sub threat is legitimately crazy when you look at how fast he can sink in a submission. The thing that he is the best at are his transitions and that ties into his subs. Give the man an inch and he'll get a deep sub in an instant.

Aljo's back attacks are legit for sure. If his sub game was a bit better then he'd be a fucking menace. He can already stick to your bac k like glue, add in some better finishes and oooooo boi
Yeah good point about his finishes not always being there.

Now that you’re talking about it, I honestly have kinda forgotten how damn good DJ was/is, I still usually watch his fights in ONE, but outside of that he has been off my radar for a while… he doesn’t really get talked about as much as he should.

Back