Media Aljo says that Merab sparred the equivalent of 7 rounds the day of the Cejudo fight

All things considered I thought Cejudo did well in the first round.
In a different world, Cejudos piston right hand, wrestling and striking style wouldve made it a blood and guts war.

T-Rex arms Henry wobbled Merab, I think O’Malley connects and puts his lights out.

At first it does not look like a really obvious choice, clearly, but IMO, both fighters had very good reasons to accept that fight, and so does the UFC. The longer the loss against Vera stays unavenged (if that is a word), the longer it's gonna stay a stain on O'Malley's resume. Avenging a loss, for champs, seems to be really important for fans, especially when said guy is still a credible contender.

You know how the UFC wants him to be a superstar... having a guy who finished him, just a few ranks behind is an uncomfortable situation. All those talks about Sean being calf kicked in the worst place possible (seemingly), virtually shutting his leg down, then people saying it was merely a fluke... well I guess it had to be settled, even if it's unfair, we know how this works alas.

The fight itself is good by the way, which is a consolation lol.
It's a bullshit fight to anybody with two brain cells that work. Regardless of this frame you put, it's FUCKING BULLSHIT. All of us know that, the only people who don't are casuals. Not saying you are, as you attempted to rationalize how the UFC views us all as fucking idiots, based upon their matchmaking.

It's a bullshit fight to anybody with two brain cells that work. Regardless of this frame you put, it's FUCKING BULLSHIT. All of us know that, the only people who don't are casuals. Not saying you are, as you attempted to rationalize how the UFC views us all as fucking idiots, based upon their matchmaking.
Yeah, I merely tried to explain/understand why that fight is somehow happening, but I'm 100% for matchmaking based on merit rather than storytelling.

Truth is, the UFC doesn't really work like that, and I fear that a lot of people who watch the UFC are perfectly OK with that. Some people probably aren't even interested enough in MMA to wonder if that fight really makes sense, but those are the people that buy PPVs... in a lot of sports/activities, the most passionate fans aren't the ones who bring the cash, hence those seemingly illogical decisions..

T-Rex arms Henry wobbled Merab, I think O’Malley connects and puts his lights out.
Yeah, he's gonna have about five opportunities, at the start of each round.<Lmaoo> More than enough I guess, the kid sure can strike.
Really I appreciate Dvalishvili, seems like a good guy, and what he does is impressive.

But when the fight happens, I'd appreciate if O'Malley found a way to stop that fucking machine.
He showed that he is able to raise his level accordingly to the context. To be fair, I can also imagine a terribly frustrating 25 minutes fight with 7 strikes overall, but I certainly hope it would be competitive.

Honestly I believe it.

Merab has a nuclear reactor for a gas tank.

Rusty old Cejudo again did well but outworked. Needed to do more damage early since Merab would pull away as fight progressed. Recall Mighty Mouse getting pushed around by Dom of all champs. CCC probably too old to drop back to 125 . Draining cut down. Plus he could use the extra muscle now older. Henry did as well as Merabs other conquests.

Nothin' wrong with fittin' in a few extra rounds..

9vgCDxx.png
I'm not a Merab fan but this is how you do it. Hanging out with some good old regular girls who are happy to be there instead of some random instahos who are there to get payed and go home (Colby).

What we learned was prime Cejudo beats both
Merab toyed with Henry

5 rounds, Merab beats any version of Henry. Doesn't have the cardio to compete with Merab by midway of round 3 at best.

Merab toyed with Henry

5 rounds, Merab beats any version of Henry. Doesn't have the cardio to compete with Merab by midway of round 3 at best.
Who do you favor between Merab and Sean O'Malley?

Who do you favor between Merab and Sean O'Malley?
I am having a hard time seeing anyone stop merab from getting TDs but Sean is gonna tune him standing.

I think it will be a matter of can Merab keep Sean down. I think the fight would be close

He needs to go for the title soon. He is going to age out soon. You can only train so hard for a certain amount of time.

I am having a hard time seeing anyone stop merab from getting TDs but Sean is gonna tune him standing.

I think it will be a matter of can Merab keep Sean down. I think the fight would be close
Anyone? Isn't there a thread right now with a clip of merad failing at like 560 takedowns against also with a walker? Welp.

It's interesting, we speculated about Merab vs Aljo, who was better. But Merab was WAYYY MORE DOMINANT vs Yan and Henry than Aljo was. God damn, what a good friend letting his buddy Aljo play pretend champ.
Lets be real merab would beat aljo easily hes lucky they are friends

The machine certainly is a fitting nickname. Dude has no stop in him.

Hope he gets his well-deserved titleshot next.
Not only that but he's fun and funny to be around. He brings an energy wherever he goes. He has star-personality/star-aura about him. Some of the casuals may not find his fighting style exciting but he never stops. I love it. Even Dana is on board.

It's that A-Town hustle fam it can't be stopped 🚂💨

the new CEO of EPO congrats couldn't have happened to a better guy

Rooting for Merab to dethrone that pink hair delusional Champs reign

Back