Breaking a Car Window by Punching It

If you pull the headrest out the pillars are shaped in a way that facilitates easily breaking the the windows. Dumbasses

In the 90s me and my friend found an abandoned car on a bit of wasteland we used to hang around on, and we went full SF2 bonus stage on that sucka.

I remember we kicked out the windshield and rear window easy, but I also remember all of our kicks bouncing off the side windows. We weren't dumb enough to try punching them - it would definitely have resulted in broken hands.

SF2-Bonus-Stage.jpg

Reactions: Zer
I’ve done it a couple times over the years during fits of blind rage. Not a great idea I will say.

Arnold tanked one in terminator for our entertainment

Sounds retarded. Not quiet as bad as those idiot kids doing WWE moves on each other and break their friends neck, but you can easily do permanent damage to your hand or wrist punching a solid object like glass...then your sex life is shit.

That window punching scene was so awful. I don't know what people were thinking back then unless they were intentionally going for cheesy.
It was over the top but Martin Kobe actually fucked up his hand for real doing that stunt & finished the scene anyway.

This is like a macho thing. If you can do it, you’re supposed to be like a badass or something.

My guess is that most people can’t actually punch hard enough to do this.

In high school I got supper pissed and tried to punch my window out while sitting in my car. I hit it twice and it didn’t budge. Then I elbowed it and it shattered completely.

the elbow was a full body swing. Took a lot of force. Maybe if I was standing up I could have broken the window by punching it

Anyways, I’m just generally curious if only “strong” people can break windows by punching them.

Also people who get in street fights are morons. People who actually fight in general are morons.

Unless doing it would scare off people trying to kill you it's a completely stupid thing to do. You are most likely going to hurt yourself and if you succeed then you will need a new car window, and that isn't cheap.

And yes getting into avoidable street fights is moronic. You could die or be unconscious and at the mercy of your opponent, and even if you win you could still end up in prison if things go a certain way. Dumb.

But here is Bill Goldberg smashing multiple windows in a limo. I believe he broke his hand doing it and/or seriously cut himself.

Ive done it and got charged with criminal mischief and ended up on probation for 6 months

Yeah, I'm not proud to say that I did it too to my ex-wife's boyfriend's car. I'd dropped in to visit my daughter & I found him over there sleeping beside my ex. Which, technically was none of my business but our four-year-old daughter was there in the same room with them playing with her toys in the corner of the bedroom. Which set me off as it was after ten in the morning & she hadn't been fed breakfast or anything yet. So, I woke them up & I may have been a bit rude about the way in which I did so. Which set off a bit of an argument between my ex & me during which her boyfriend went down to the basement to hideout.

Anyhow, it was clearly not the right time to visit my daughter so I decided to leave & come back later once I'd calmed down. But on the way to my car, I had to pass my his & as I did so I took out his driver's side window with a right hand. Which I learned later was a felony but the ex's boyfriend never contacted the police about it. So, I got away with it.

A week or two later, however, my ex made the foolish mistake of telling me that the boyfriend told her that he planned to get a couple of his buddies from the first ward ( a section of the city that he was from that had a reputation for being a tough area ) to "take the window out on my hide" or some such thing. Well, I took that threat as an insult so I told her to tell him that I'd be waiting later that night at the bar that I knew him & his friends frequented. Which I did but he & his buddies never showed up.

Juvenile behavior? Absolutely but it was an emotional, volatile time period & I wasn't thinking my actions through clearly.

Flash forward a decade or so & my son repeated my behavior when he got into a heated argument with his ex-girlfriend & her new boyfriend when he was 17. He wanted to punch out the guy but didn't want to face assault charges so he punched out the guy's car window instead. Only in his case, the kid called the cops on him when he got home & he pressed charges. So, my son was arrested for criminal mischief so I had to bail him out of jail for $1000. Fortunately, he had a spotless record & the judge took it easy on him by allowing him to plead down to a misdemeanor & he only made him pay for the damages & a fine. Plus it doesn't appear on his record.

Yeah, I'm not proud to say that I did it too to my ex-wife's boyfriend's car. I'd dropped in to visit my daughter & I found him over there sleeping beside my ex. Which, technically was none of my business but our four-year-old daughter was there in the same room with them playing with her toys in the corner of the bedroom. Which set me off as it was after ten in the morning & she hadn't been fed breakfast or anything yet. So, I woke them up & I may have been a bit rude about the way in which I did so. Which set off a bit of an argument between my ex & me during which her boyfriend went down to the basement to hideout.

Anyhow, it was clearly not the right time to visit my daughter so I decided to leave & come back later once I'd calmed down. But on the way to my car, I had to pass my his & as I did so I took out his driver's side window with a right hand. Which I learned later was a felony but the ex's boyfriend never contacted the police about it. So, I got away with it.

A week or two later, however, my ex made the foolish mistake of telling me that the boyfriend told her that he planned to get a couple of his buddies from the first ward ( a section of the city that he was from that had a reputation for being a tough area ) to "take the window out on my hide" or some such thing. Well, I took that threat as an insult so I told her to tell him that I'd be waiting later that night at the bar that I knew him & his friends frequented. Which I did but he & his buddies never showed up.

Juvenile behavior? Absolutely but it was an emotional, volatile time period & I wasn't thinking my actions through clearly.

Flash forward a decade or so & my son repeated my behavior when he got into a heated argument with his ex-girlfriend & her new boyfriend when he was 17. He wanted to punch out the guy but didn't want to face assault charges so he punched out the guy's car window instead. Only in his case, the kid called the cops on him when he got home & he pressed charges. So, my son was arrested for criminal mischief so I had to bail him out of jail for $1000. Fortunately, he had a spotless record & the judge took it easy on him by allowing him to plead down to a misdemeanor & he only made him pay for the damages & a fine. Plus it doesn't appear on his record.
I did it to my own car both times LOL

Its a stupid thing to do with your fist. You can really sever the shit out of your arteries pulling a stunt like that. I remember this episode of COPS where this undercover guy was doing a deal with this brolic crim in the car,which had a camera in it. The doors would autolock when the cops came,and the dude with no hesitation wrapped his shirt around his fist and broke the window with three consecutive punches,but they had swarmed him by then. He did it sitting down without alot of windup,but he looked really strong though.

I have very pronounced scars on my hand from punching out a car window when I was a teenager. They still hurt from time to time.

Beyond that, the tempered windows are massively hard to break with a blunt object, but incredibly bitter against anything with a sharp pointed end.

Reactions: HHJ
Just got hit the corner

I did it to my own car both times LOL

Oh, there've been a couple of times in the past when I was very tempted to do so but stopped myself at the last second. Thankfully those short-tempered days are in the past.

Did you injure yourself either time that you did it? I didn't ( & thankfully, neither did my son ). However, on another occasion back when I was in my early twenties, I got pissed & punched out a regular window pane in a door & I wound up cutting my wrist on the glass. I lacerated a tendon in the process & I had to have minor surgery to repair it. So, I wound up spending a month in a cast while the tendon & the cut healed. Not one of my prouder moments. LOL.

Had a buddy get kicked out of our local shitty titty on his bachelor party night. He took his drunken anger out on some random guys window with a hammer. He hit it 3 times in a belligerent rage and the window didnt bust. The only thing I can think of that saved the glass is because he hit it dead in the middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back