Breaking a Car Window by Punching It

I cracked a windshield once (they’re shatterproof) and smashed a couple car windows and house windows. I still have scars on my arm of where the glass cut me. Once it shattered so hard a piece stuck into my calf and I needed stitches. Had my hand wrapped every time.

This is like a macho thing. If you can do it, you’re supposed to be like a badass or something.

My guess is that most people can’t actually punch hard enough to do this.

In high school I got supper pissed and tried to punch my window out while sitting in my car. I hit it twice and it didn’t budge. Then I elbowed it and it shattered completely.

the elbow was a full body swing. Took a lot of force. Maybe if I was standing up I could have broken the window by punching it

Anyways, I’m just generally curious if only “strong” people can break windows by punching them.

Also people who get in street fights are morons. People who actually fight in general are morons.
. It has to do with where you hit it and how as well, I was at a party when I was a teenager and my buddy was telling his older brothers how hard I can hit so they kept egging me on to punch out one of their car windows, I refused at first but then one of the older guys who was a lot bigger and stronger than I am said fuck it and tried but he punched at an angle and his knuckles slipped off the glass and fucked his hand up, I promptly punched the glass out after that to establish dominance haha, the truth is I would rather have gotten punched by myself than this big dude it was just the way that we punched it, I used precision and speed where he just tried brute force.

haven't you ever seen Last Action Hero?

also you're EDC knife should have a window buster

This is like a macho thing. If you can do it, you’re supposed to be like a badass or something.

My guess is that most people can’t actually punch hard enough to do this.

In high school I got supper pissed and tried to punch my window out while sitting in my car. I hit it twice and it didn’t budge. Then I elbowed it and it shattered completely.

the elbow was a full body swing. Took a lot of force. Maybe if I was standing up I could have broken the window by punching it

Anyways, I’m just generally curious if only “strong” people can break windows by punching them.

Also people who get in street fights are morons. People who actually fight in general are morons.

Don't know the how bad ass it makes me, but I hammer fisted a car window once to get to a patient who was having a medical episode in their car and wasn't able to open the vehicle for us. Normally we take our time and use the "Big Easy" kit to get in, but they needed help sooner than later. The key to popping tempered auto glass is a very powerfully focused shot that hits a small area. I've seen guys bounce and axe off a window full swing. I've seen guys blow out a window with the flick of a car antenna. Most window breakers are spring loaded nail that give the window a pointed pop, but you can do it on your hand and not hurt it.

A center punch is the easy way to break a side window. A spring loaded one that you just push is the easiest and least dangerous. Many emergency responders carry them.
61-yXxr%2BBsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Everybody should have an emergency escape tool in their vehicle that can break a window and cut a seat belt. If your vehicle goes under water, it's very difficult to break a window without something to put pressure at a single point. You might need it to get out of your vehicle or to get someone else out of theirs.
61nRBKNuJyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have one of those window breaker/seatbelt cutter tools in my car.

You've got to be a degenerate or an emotional retard to punch a window, there are healthier ways to go about expending that pent up aggression.

I’ve cracked a windshield with a punch and a side window with an elbow. Mad on one and trying to help someone on the other. Both when I was young and dumb.

if you live around water (I do) you keep some kind of class breaker in your vehicle. A auto center pinch is the best, just press it in the corner and it’s done.

The only time you should need to punch out a car window is if you crash and you need to get out.

if that ever happened to me I’d have my wife do it as I wouldn’t want to mess up my hands because it would ruin up my gaming experience. Especially stupid move nowadays with the new consoles coming out.
I know you're fooling around but as a precaution I might buy a centrepunch and keep it in the car.

I’ve cracked a windshield with a punch and a side window with an elbow. Mad on one and trying to help someone on the other. Both when I was young and dumb.

if you live around water (I do) you keep some kind of class breaker in your vehicle. A auto center pinch is the best, just press it in the corner and it’s done.
Haha, great minds.

I thought this was pretty wild when i saw it.

The only time you should need to punch out a car window is if you crash and you need to get out.

if that ever happened to me I’d have my wife do it as I wouldn’t want to mess up my hands because it would ruin up my gaming experience. Especially stupid move nowadays with the new consoles coming out.
I can’t stop laughing at this.

Back