Brazil doesn't rule the UFC any more

I don't think Brazil declined just that other countries improved. They started training mma at earlier ages. The best is still yet to come. Soon we will see guys that have been training since they were kids

Hell no... It's gained some popularity, but it's no where near the big four which is...

Football
Baseball
Basketball
Hockey

I would say it would be fair to place it in the top 10. By popularity I would say sports as of right now in the US would go...

Football
Basketball
Baseball
Hockey
Nascar
Golf
Soccer
Tennis
Boxing
MMA
I think tennis would be a little higher.

Anti-doping rules caught up, Fighters are more better at defending take downs than they were 10 or 20 years ago.

I remembered a time when Brazil dominated the UFC and had multiple champions. But now there are no male Brazilian UFC champions nor even a no.1 ranked Brazilian fighter. So who will be the next Brazilian UFC champ? And why do you believe that they have declined?
It’s like Brazil and Italy in international soccer. They haven’t decline, it’s just other countries got better. Now it’s harder to become Euro/Copa and World Cup Champions.

Portugal wasn’t even close to being a top ten team a couple decades ago and Croatia didn’t even exist. Now Portugal are European Champions and Croatia got second place at the Word Cup while Italy didn’t even qualified for the World Cup.

It’s like Brazil and Italy in international soccer. They haven’t decline, it’s just other countries got better. Now it’s harder to become Euro/Copa and World Cup Champions.

Portugal wasn’t even close to being a top ten team a couple decades ago and Croatia didn’t even exist. Now Portugal are European Champions and Croatia got second place at the Word Cup while Italy didn’t even qualified for the World Cup.
<{cruzshake}>

But I admire the italians: even with a bad team, they make it very far.

I remembered a time when Brazil dominated the UFC and had multiple champions. But now there are no male Brazilian UFC champions nor even a no.1 ranked Brazilian fighter. So who will be the next Brazilian UFC champ? And why do you believe that they have declined?

Paulo Costa is the next brazilian star

<{cruzshake}>

But I admire the italians: even with a bad team, they make it very far.

P4P one of the best trainers and italy "scared" him away.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Brazilians have turned into casuals since Conor destroyed Aldo.

Paulo Costa will be the next Brazilian champ in 2019.

After that no one for a while.
I dislike Brazillian fighters, but if Costa beats Romero, i reluctantly have to agree with you.

Darren till is fighting for the belt this wkend. What do you mean?

Formula 1 Racing and Soccer are amongst the biggest global sports.

MMA doesnt come close to either one.

Back