Brazil doesn't rule the UFC any more

NekMinnit

The Reapers Era
@Green
Reaction score
I remembered a time when Brazil dominated the UFC and had multiple champions. But now there are no male Brazilian UFC champions nor even a no.1 ranked Brazilian fighter. So who will be the next Brazilian UFC champ? And why do you believe that they have declined?

Because all Brazilian fighters just know bjj and never evolved

Brazil can't even win the WC in soccer/football any more. Neither are they in contention. I guess it's a general decline.

Paulo Costa will be the next Brazilian champ in 2019.

After that no one for a while.

I don't think Brazil declined just that other countries improved. They started training mma at earlier ages. The best is still yet to come. Soon we will see guys that have been training since they were kids

Chris Cyborg and Amanda Nunez are Champions if you count WMMA.

Influx of wrestlers—with legit defensive grappling—at top levels of most weight classes is the answer.

not even in usa?

Hell no... It's gained some popularity, but it's no where near the big four which is...

Football
Baseball
Basketball
Hockey

I would say it would be fair to place it in the top 10. By popularity I would say sports as of right now in the US would go...

Football
Basketball
Baseball
Hockey
Nascar
Golf
Soccer
Tennis
Boxing
MMA

Last edited:
Russia rules it now, but Paulo Costa is carrying the whole country on his big muscular shoulders.

Hell no... It's gained some popularity, but it's no where near the big four which is...

Football
Baseball
Basketball
Hockey

I would say it would be fair to place it in the top 10. By poularity I would say sports as of right now in the US would go...

Football
Basketball
Baseball
Hockey
Nascar
Golf
Soccer
Tennis
Boxing
MMA
<mma4>

i thought in the usa MMA would be in at least a top 3-5 sport