Boxing wars or MMA wars?

This generation that is just passing now, the 'stand and bang', never look for a takedown, no 'boring' fight guys, are going to have the shortest careers in MMA, and come out the worse for it. That's probably not here nor there, however, and not for this thread.

Ironically, they will have the logest careers. You stand and bang, Uncle Dana makes sure you stay in the UFC

the last thing u should also do is get on a bike. you crashed your moped and injured yourself a year or two ago remember?

take the public transportation. its safer for u and it'll be one less excuse for u not practicing boxing...

Ironically, they will have the logest careers. You stand and bang, Uncle Dana makes sure you stay in the UFC
Yes, that's why demian maia and jake shields are main eventing, and lavar johnson was sent to bellator.

Winners stay, losers go away. Dana would just prefer guys who are a little more violent.

Both MMA & boxing wars are particularly entertaining to watch - do I prefer one over the other - not particularly.

Agreed. But in terms of a compelling narrative over the course of a fight I think 12 rounds offers statistically more opportunities for a fighter to turn the tide...thinking Marquez-Diaz 1...the drama was established in round 1 and simmered throughout the fight with a fantastic ending as a crescendo.

Agreed. But in terms of a compelling narrative over the course of a fight I think 12 rounds offers statistically more opportunities for a fighter to turn the tide...thinking Marquez-Diaz 1...the drama was established in round 1 and simmered throughout the fight with a fantastic ending as a crescendo.

Well put.

Adding to this, I think it's often overlooked that it's not only the number of rounds, but the number of BREAKS during the fight that cuase a compelling narrative to emerge. When people have a chance to stop and appreciate what has just happened, perhaps discuss it and process everything, as well as adding more opportunities to score back and forth. A boxing main event may have a point where each fighter has won 5 round, and you have had 10 chances to talk to your friends between rounds and compare notes as to what has happened, an MMA match only really gets four breaks in the action.

Back