Boxing discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draw looks a decent bet.

Notice no Buffer on a HBO PPV? Can't think of the last time. Buff the Stuff wants that AJ money.

Good round 4 for Manny. Could be two each so far.

Thought Bradley would just be busier than this. He isn't going to land more quality work than Manny in a chess match. But he definitely has the gas tank on the 37 year old.

these commentators r biased af, rounds look alot closer than what they saying.

Bradley needs to stay away from Thurman and Brook. His chin is really diminished.

Was waiting to see +100 Manny points on the Eurobooks when money came in on Tim but never got better than -110.

Disagree with HBO that Bradley has put up a good show. Way too inactive and caught twice for the knockdowns when he really shouldn't have been.

glad i hedged with manny via dec but godamn, i really am a lousy fucking gambler on every sport other than MMA. i really need some self restraint.

Was waiting to see +100 Manny points on the Eurobooks when money came in on Tim but never got better than -110.

I caught pretty good prices including the Manny decision line at + money:

Manny Pacquiao (-175) vs Tim Bradley Jr. $175.00 to win $100.00 and Manny Pacquiao by 12 round decision (+108) $100.00 to win $108.00

Ugh shitty outcome for me for the co-main and main events. AA looked like dog shit, Tim didn't seem to have a great gameplan and he didn't seem very confident to me. Pac on the other hand seemed extremely calm and confident, and looked pretty damned good for a 60 fight vet who's in his late 30's AND been off for a year. Read that one way off, Tim just didn't have the ability to get off enough and getting dropped twice didn't help his cause. Difference between a great fighter and an atg fighter. Oh well, on to the next one.

Any thoughts on the fights coming up this weekend? There are a couple of significant tv cards and also a few minor ones this weekend. Chris Algieri is a big underdog to Errol Spence Jr. in a welterweight bout and Steve Cunningham is back at cruiserweight as a small underdog to challenge Krzysztof Glowacki for his WBO title on a primetime NBC card on Saturday. Gary Russell Jr. is a huge favorite over Patrick Hyland for the WBC featherweight championship on Showtime on Saturday.

Small on Gary Russell Jr by KO 5/4 +125. Hyland is surely out of his depth here even if Russell isn't a big puncher.

Small on Gary Russell Jr by KO 5/4 +125. Hyland is surely out of his depth here even if Russell isn't a big puncher.
No props at all yet on the U.S. facing books for this bout. Will have to check again when it gets closer.

If I can get a similar line on Russell then I'll definitely be on that too. Russell known for his insane speed but underrated pop and just a much higher caliber of fighter. Been following this dude since before the '08 Olympics where I think he would've won a medal if he didn't have the weight cut issue and been allowed to compete.

Any thoughts on the fights coming up this weekend? There are a couple of significant tv cards and also a few minor ones this weekend. Chris Algieri is a big underdog to Errol Spence Jr. in a welterweight bout and Steve Cunningham is back at cruiserweight as a small underdog to challenge Krzysztof Glowacki for his WBO title on a primetime NBC card on Saturday. Gary Russell Jr. is a huge favorite over Patrick Hyland for the WBC featherweight championship on Showtime on Saturday.
Was gonna stab Algieri small. Wasn't THAT impressed with Spence Jr in his last fight to warrant that sort of line vs Algieri, even though he should win

Spence is the real deal, think he's gonna become one of the new stars at 147 and this is the beginning of it. That being said, I can't knock a bet on Algieri at those odds, he's a tough vet who's gonna come in and give it his all. Gonna look to bet Spence itd if the line is decent, he's a hell of a body puncher and if he gets inside on a consistent basis, Chris is gonna be in trouble.

Also like Glowacki as a slight favorite over Cunningham and Kamegai around the 2-1 mark. Soto Karass/Kamegai is gonna be an absolute war, can't wait for that shit.

Took Algieri small at +1000 and I don't usually go in for these huge dogs. Algieri looked really good against Amir Khan and if John David Jackson has taught him a few more tricks he could be competitive.

Also, Tyson Fury looked fat at the press conference today, said he was 24 stone/335lbs (an exaggeration, surely) and had no motivation for the rematch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36038621

He's said this stuff before but in the past has always got in good shape for his more difficult fights. So it could be a red herring, I was just surprised how little he seemed to care about what will be a massive test. For this fight in general, I am waiting to hear from Wlad. If he goes in with the same mentality as last time, I think he loses again but if he is willing to take more risks, I might take him by KO, currently +333, 10/3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back