Boxing Champ ready to dominate the UFC?

He should just stick to what he knows and what he will be successful at which is boxing. I remember David Haye saying a couple years ago that he wanted to transition to mma but that never went through. I got all excited hearing about a name boxer in his prime possibly transition to mma, but it never happened and probably won't happen until fighters pay go up.

They have to defend from getting hit before they clinch to further avoid getting hit.

Obviously you have never seen a boxing match in your life.

Obviously you don't watch boxing if you don't realize how often the clinch is used as defense. I don't claim to be an expert but you clearly know nothing about it.

Obviously you don't watch boxing if you don't realize how often the clinch is used as defense. I don't claim to be an expert but you clearly know nothing about it.

it does not happen nearly as much as you think, fool.

wall-and-stall and lay-and-pray are far more common.

boxing > mma

when you mature as a fight fan you'll understand

Boxing requires way more talent to find success but he's going to need to learn grappling in order to transition. But you don't become a good boxer without being a gym rat. so he probably has good gym habits. lets hope he switches to an mma gym though.

this.

boxing is far more cut throat than mma

This. I despise the sport of boxing.

BriskBriefKite.gif

the only reason TJ beat barao is PURELY based on his boxing.

you not a fan of Diaz, JDS , Belfort, and every other fighter who trains boxing?

it does not happen nearly as much as you think, fool.

wall-and-stall and lay-and-pray are far more common.

boxing > mma

when you mature as a fight fan you'll understand

You're claiming lay-and-pray is a boxing technique? Ok you're an idiot.

Attempting knees while holding someone in a plum will make you vulnerable to hooks and uppercuts.

No. You need extremely little space to land a knee and you don't have to shoot it up the middle into their gut or their chin/face, you can knee them from the side to their ribs safely while clinching their head (properly that is, pulling down and having your forearms digging into their clavicle nice and tight). You can also off-balance them and 'thrash' them around into your knees both linearly and laterally with a good grip and a good double collar tie. You can also tie up one of their arms and use a single collar tie on the base of their skull, pull down hard and keep it tight, then rip them with knees here too. There are lots of ways to knee a fighter safely once you have them in a proper Thai plum.

Cro Cop got knocked out in K-1 due to this. Anderson Silva got dropped by Weidman because of this as well.

Anderson got knocked down by being lazy with his clinch attempt to tie up Weidman in the first place. Chris created space with one arm and then dropped him from there. He punched Anderson to the body first before he even hit him in the temple, which knocked him down (and happened to flash KO him).

You must not enjoy a lot of mma fights then as bixing is a part of it just like bjj , and wrestling. Claiming to like mma but trying to hate on an aspect of it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Technically boxing is not a part of an mma fight, nor is bjj, or even wrestling really. Since everything is mixed together you don't really see any true (boring) boxing, as there is always the threat of kicks, takedowns, etc

I like mma but boxing not so much anymore

www.boxingscene.com/marco-huck-dana-white-meet-talk-possible-ufc-run--94239

Most of us would agree that boxing is a superior sport, but taking a superior athlete and putting him in the cage against lesser thans..........how would Huck fare?

Joking aside Huck could participate in the LHW or HW division.
Now if they give him time to learn grappling, throw some heavy based strikers at him to start with.....are we looking at a future UFC Champ here?

I nearly LOLed at the first sentence.

It'll take Mark 2-3 years to get decent enough with his grappling.
He'll be fighting bums in that time.
Oh and for the noobs here, Mark has a Tae Kwan Do black belts, and an amateur kickboxing championship. A crash course in MT is all he needs then maintainance.

Romero would be a good sparring partner being his friend's brother.

If this actually works out all the way to a title shot, he'll make an excellent head on Bone's GOAT resume.
Thats not boxing, thats striking.

Side-clinch to a hook, then 2 jabs, then a back step.

Everything except for the judo trip attempt in that gid is boxing, that includes the distance measurment.
Nothing out of any other striking sport was used in same gif.

Boxing that is boxing, and boxing is a striking sport.

I never said that you idiot. When the fuck did I say that?

I was an amateur boxer. I know that I would use the clinch to help defend punches against shorter hard hitters. But I still have to defend the punches before clinching.

So are you telling me that to defend punches with a clinch one has to get hit with the punches before pulling the clinch in?

Go back to sleep buddy.

No. You need extremely little space to land a knee and you don't have to shoot it up the middle into their gut or their chin/face, you can knee them from the side to their ribs safely while clinching their head (properly that is, pulling down and having your forearms digging into their clavicle nice and tight). You can also off-balance them and 'thrash' them around into your knees both linearly and laterally with a good grip and a good double collar tie. You can also tie up one of their arms and use a single collar tie on the base of their skull, pull down hard and keep it tight, then rip them with knees here too. There are lots of ways to knee a fighter safely once you have them in a proper Thai plum.

I am not disagreeing with this. But there are also lots of ways to defend a clinching attempt with punches as it has been demonstrated in kickboxing fights before were clinching with the plum was allowed.

You cannot overlook one factor while favoring the other. Fighting just does not work that way.

Back