Boxing Champ ready to dominate the UFC?

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
www.boxingscene.com/marco-huck-dana-white-meet-talk-possible-ufc-run--94239

Most of us would agree that boxing is a superior sport, but taking a superior athlete and putting him in the cage against lesser thans..........how would Huck fare?

Joking aside Huck could participate in the LHW or HW division.
Now if they give him time to learn grappling, throw some heavy based strikers at him to start with.....are we looking at a future UFC Champ here?

Way too early to tell but it would be very interesting to see

He probably can't stand boxing with pillows on his hands anymore.

Man would like to fight for real.

Way too soon. Not enough credit is given to aptitude in mma. It's not just a matter of training grappling, he has to have a penchant for it to be anywhere close to proficient. If anything, his boxing background can hinder him because many boxing habits will get you destroyed in mma.

He probably can't stand boxing with pillows on his hands anymore.

Man would like to fight for real.

Only a basement dwelling virgin would call eight ounce boxing gloves "pillows".

I would like you to ask Mark Hunt who was a pro boxer before anything to punch your face.

Everything would be predicated on his ability to develop a high level grappling game. Impossible to predict such a thing.

Way too soon. Not enough credit is given to aptitude in mma. It's not just a matter of training grappling, he has to have a penchant for it to be anywhere close to proficient. If anything, his boxing background can hinder him because many boxing habits will get you destroyed in mma.

This is a myth.

Many MMA fighters have done well both fighting in the cage and boxing on the side.

What habits are these that you talk about?

I want to read this.

This is a myth.

Many MMA fighters have done well both fighting in the cage and boxing on the side.

What habits are these that you talk about?

I want to read this.

Obviously not every style of boxing is the same, and some are better suited for mma than others.

Things like stances that leave you more open to leg kicks and takedowns, ducking head movement that makes you more susceptible to head kicks and knees.

Most of us would agree that boxing is a superior sport, but taking a superior athlete and putting him in the cage against lesser thans..........how would Huck fare?

Now if they give him time to learn grappling, throw some heavy based strikers at him to start with.....are we looking at a future UFC Champ here?

Feed him to Randy Couture

boxing is kinda lame tho...

I love boxing and I love MMA. But I really hate the guys on the sherdog boxing forum who hate on MMA. Probably more than I hate the guys in the heavies who hate on boxing. It's like me going on my box rec account and talking all this shit about how boxing sucks.

Huh? I'm pretty sure the majority of users on a MMA message board would consider MMA to be the superior sport.

And who knows how he'd do. Maybe he dominates. May a wrestler fakes a shot and lays him out in 30 seconds...

I love boxing and I love MMA. But I really hate the guys on the sherdog boxing forum who hate on MMA. Probably more than I hate the guys in the heavies who hate on boxing. It's like me going on my box rec account and talking all this shit about how boxing sucks.

i dont hate boxing and i wont take anything away from the athletes, but is lame

i dont hate boxing and i wont take anything away from the athletes, but is lame

You must not enjoy a lot of mma fights then as bixing is a part of it just like bjj , and wrestling. Claiming to like mma but trying to hate on an aspect of it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Most of us would agree that boxing is a superior sport....

Easy-big-fella.-Rocky-Widner-NBAE-Getty-Images.jpg

Back