Boxing Champ ready to dominate the UFC?

I agree with what you're saying Jay but size and strength make a massive difference when it comes to wrestling/grappling and clinch work.

Size and strength probably have a greater impact in grappling than they do in striking (although, there are a lot of great wrestlers who have had great success while giving up significant amounts of weight in a similar way to great boxers). The idea that Huck, a man who stands 6' 2'', has a 77'' reach, and has shown himself to not be outmuscled by HWs of Povetkin's quality, would be completely dwarfed and at a massive strength disadvantage against LHWs in MMA simply isn't true. As for how Huck would do in MMA (assuming he tries it anywhere close to his athletic prime which I doubt), it's more or less impossible to tell without knowing his takedown defense. If his takedown defense was anywhere near competent, he could rather easily be world class in MMA. If it wasn't, well, he wouldn't be. Again, it's very unlikely he attempts the transition to MMA in the near future.

Can I try with these?

01739ed5860bcff516fa06966e01efb3.jpg

Yeah why not? Should be really fun unless you're playing with a guy who has retard power like butterbean.

Huh, Steven Seagal can dominate UFC, if he want to.

The cruiserweight limit has been 200 pounds for at least a decade. Huck lost a close and controversial fight to Povetkin (the man who many consider the #2 HW in the world), so it's not as if he has struggled against larger opponents in boxing (Povetkin isn't a massive HW, but he's 6' 2'' 225 pounds with a genuine punch).

Povetkin is like 235 on fight night. Huck is a big guy, he could hang with a Cain for sure

to what?

Boxing is only 1 aspect of fighting, id rather watch fights with more variables

its like playing basketball but telling someone they cant shoot a 3 or dunk.

Boxing is also arguably the biggest part of fighting. Show me one fight where there was no punches thrown.

Go on, I'll wait.

Would be interesting to see.
We all train here and think that we are untouchable, but this guy will be touching up people who made it beyond the level most of us have in our " training "

This is a myth.

Many MMA fighters have done well both fighting in the cage and boxing on the side.

What habits are these that you talk about?

I want to read this.

Boxing defense relies heavily on using the clinch to break engagement so the ref will reset them. Thats the last thing a boxer would want to do in mma.

Boxing requires way more talent to find success but he's going to need to learn grappling in order to transition. But you don't become a good boxer without being a gym rat. so he probably has good gym habits. lets hope he switches to an mma gym though.

Boxing requires way more talent to find success but he's going to need to learn grappling in order to transition. But you don't become a good boxer without being a gym rat. so he probably has good gym habits. lets hope he switches to an mma gym though.

This is the basic truth.

I agree with what you're saying Jay but size and strength make a massive difference when it comes to wrestling/grappling and clinch work.

the thai clinch is a lot of technique, not just strength and size. There are 120 lbs guys in Thailand with probably 3/4 my max bench (since Thai SNC isn't a lot of the weight lifting you see in America), who would easily have their way with me in the Thai clinch.

Werdums trash bro.
Huck drops him.
Cain would be a good fight tho.

DeJulez, you're my guy, so I'm giving you a warning. The heavies aren't as easy going as the boxing forum, you can get dubbed for calling a fighter trash.

He has a significant background in kickboxing too. If he was 5 or even just a few years younger I'd have more hope for him.

sherdog logic
NFL /NBA guys : would totaly utterly DOMINATE in mma / A level athlete

boxer: that guy would be DESTROYED if he tried to compete in mma / The grappling aspect is too hard to pick up

that is what I noticed too. It should also be rephrased as any boxer would be destroyed by Rhonda even though they tried to pick up grappling

He has a significant background in kickboxing too. If he was 5 or even just a few years younger I'd have more hope for him.

I wouldn't count him out just yet. A few years with high level mma coaches in bjj/wrestling and he should be proficient enough to hold his own just fine. Will he be the next damian mai? Prob not but I think he has potential to make a lot more waves than someone like CM punk.

Back