Movies Bourdain

I'll never forget the durian fruit episode. If he wouldn't eat it it just made me more curious to try it.

That's what I like about the show. He was eating bugs and weird see creatures and eventually I'd find myself salivating over some of the stuff.
it influenced me
my wife likes durian and everytime I eat it I think man this is the stuff that even Zimmerman was a no go on LOL

it's smooth and creamy with a fruity flavor almost like pineapple but not so acidic. the weird part is it has an oniony aftertaste and the aroma accentuates that

That doesnt sound too bad. I'm an onion fan and a pineapple fan. Was that really his problem with it?

That doesnt sound too bad. I'm an onion fan and a pineapple fan. Was that really his problem with it?
the texture is also a bit weird
it's very mushy which is off putting for fruit imo it feels and smells like it's rotten. but they putting a lot of shit out here. like durian pizza is a pretty common thing

but yea it's not too bad especially considering some of the other stuff he was eating lol

Nothing will probably ever top just watching his actual show to remember the man, but I will definitely watch this.

Love throwing on a random episode of Parts Unknown once in a while. It has a very calming ASMR effect, warm tea for the soul.

Heartbroken for that motherfucker when he offed himself. Sad that it got to him like that in the end. Rip.

the texture is also a bit weird
it's very mushy which is off putting for fruit imo it feels and smells like it's rotten. but they putting a lot of shit out here. like durian pizza is a pretty common thing

but yea it's not too bad especially considering some of the other stuff he was eating lol

Mushy is a weird texture for fruit I guess. And yeah I think that's what made it funny he will eat a rat's nut and a centipede but wont eat a fruit.

Her dad was a film maker and quite a big deal in Italy apparently. I don't doubt there was some form of harassment but keep your fucking trap shut when you've groomed and screwed as well. No wonder he topped himself.

Her dad was a legend in cinema. He's pretty highly respected worldwide.

What the butt? I didn’t come in trying to get a rise; I was just sharing my opinion of his output.

And your opinion is practically worthless, contradicting and plain asinine.

Tbh I liked him like twenty years ago, but I felt like his shtick got stale after a few years. It’s hard to keep interest around something boring like being a cook.

So you liked Bourdain enough to watch his food shows for a few years and then it got stale and boring to you. okay. but it wasn't boring for you then so obviously there was a point in your life when you enjoyed watching a cook eat/talking about food (and whatever else Bourdain wanted to talk about).

If you don't like cooks or cooking shows then GTFO here instead of saying you no longer like it anymore and then sticking around the thread and compare the entire industry to folding clothes (fuckin' retarded post there too). There's a bazillion cooking shows and streaming channels out there so there are plenty of people who watch/follow/enjoy cooks.

Just because you no longer enjoy watching cooking shows or shows about food don't mean others don't appreciate it... As if we're supposed to give a shit about you no longer like something everyone else appreciate.

Really enjoyed going back through no reservations episodes, so sad the way he went…..
Just the opposite. I watched everything while he was alive. After he did himself, it felt weird watching.

it influenced me
my wife likes durian and everytime I eat it I think man this is the stuff that even Zimmerman was a no go on LOL

Zimmerman is the wrong person for trying weird food. He is a total puss.

And your opinion is practically worthless, contradicting and plain asinine.

So you liked Bourdain enough to watch his food shows for a few years and then it got stale and boring to you. okay. but it wasn't boring for you then so obviously there was a point in your life when you enjoyed watching a cook eat/talking about food (and whatever else Bourdain wanted to talk about).

If you don't like cooks or cooking shows then GTFO here instead of saying you no longer like it anymore and then sticking around the thread and compare the entire industry to folding clothes (fuckin' retarded post there too). There's a bazillion cooking shows and streaming channels out there so there are plenty of people who watch/follow/enjoy cooks.

Just because you no longer enjoy watching cooking shows or shows about food don't mean others don't appreciate it... As if we're supposed to give a shit about you no longer like something everyone else appreciate.
Lol

Always shocking to hear about someone who seemingly has it all takes their own life.

@fingercuffs

If I remember correctly wasn't Asia caught cheating on Bourdain with a much younger photographer or model after Bourdain had possibly paid off her accuser to save her from the embarrassment of her hypocrisy?

I had a beer made with durian once. It smelled like burning garbage and rubber, but it only tasted like burning garbage and rubber a little bit.

@fingercuffs

If I remember correctly wasn't Asia caught cheating on Bourdain with a much younger photographer or model after Bourdain had possibly paid off her accuser to save her from the embarrassment of her hypocrisy?
That sounds familiar. I think you’re right.

Bourdain had great taste in food and culture, but terrible taste in women (and questionable taste in clothes). Some of his stuff is on youtube now, I'm struck down with covid for 2 weeks now and it's a great way to take your mind off things.

Keep it classy, Asia.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ay-documentary-Anthony-Bourdain-released.html

Asia Argento walked red carpet at Cannes on same day documentary about boyfriend Anthony Bourdain's suicide was released: Program claims the chef was 'addicted' to her
  • The documentary - Roadrunner: A Film About Anthony Bourdain - was released on Friday with interviews of dozens of Anthony Bourdain's close friends
  • Asia Argento, who was dating Bourdain at the time of his 2018 suicide, was not interviewed for the documentary
  • The Italian actress stepped out at the Cannes Film Festival Friday - the same day that the documentary was released - but she has yet to comment on it publicly
  • She wore an elegant, all-black Givenchy gown as she walked with her 80-year-old father who stars in Gaspar Noe's new film Vortex
  • Argento and Bourdain's relationship is the focus of the last part of the documentary, telling how he become 'addicted' to her
  • It described how paparazzi photos emerged just five days before Bourdain's death of Argento embracing a male friend and holding hands in Rome
  • The documentary does not blame Argento for Bourdain's suicide but some reviewers have suggested it comes 'close to exploiting the scenario'
  • It suggests that Argento 'upended' the final season of Parts Unknown after Bourdain brought her in to direct an episode in Hong Kong

Back