Movies Bourdain

Am I the only person who liked bizarre foods with Andrew zimmern?
I still watch his shows. At least on in the background while I'm doing other stuff, I like him. I prefer his shows in the US. It's because of him I'm trying to pluck up the courage to cook geoduck. @Seeahtik

I just grow tired of the numbers game of how this is in one state legal and if you cross this line it is some infamous crime and the assumption that a 17 year old can't make a decision whether to have sex with someone. It is the biggest sanctimonious bullshit that people faux care about only when it comes time to smear someone. Does anyone really believe the 17 year old that she slept with was unable to make a decision whether to have sex or was victimized? I grow increasingly tired of people needing to be the victim because it gets you stuff. So, former 17 year old got 380k from Bourdain. $380,000. For what? Because he wants to pretend he was too dumb to make an adult decision. We were all 17 and not fucking retarded.

Damn, I forgot that happened. That be enough to drive me to suicide lol. Having the woman that I love cheat on me then essentially being blackmailed by the guy she cuckolded me with. A mans heart and spirit can take only so many body blows before it cracks. The fact that the kid was 17 is only the icing on the cake. That Argento is a piece of trash with no credibility is without question.

Damn, I forgot that happened. That be enough to drive me to suicide lol. Having the woman that I love cheat on me then essentially being blackmailed by the guy she cuckolded me with. A mans heart and spirit can take only so many body blows before it cracks. The fact that the kid was 17 is only the icing on the cake. That Argento is a piece of trash with no credibility is without question.
She didn't cheat on him. This was before she and Bourdain got together. The kid came forward about it after she was all over social media with the #metoo movement claiming she was pure as the driven snow and had been #metoo'd

She didn't cheat on him. This was before she and Bourdain got together. The kid came forward about it after she was all over social media with the #metoo movement claiming she was pure as the driven snow and had been #metoo'd

Ok cool. I stand corrected. I guess being shaken down for money and having her rep besmirched is much less heartbreaking. How any actress can pull off any degree of sanctimony is beyond me. Same for singers. You don’t get into showbiz without spreading your legs unless your last name opens doors for you.

I guess to get somewhat on topic, I never really got into a Bourdain’s shows beyond stumbling upon the odd episode every now and then. Worked as a server here in the city in my early 20s and I quickly grew to fucking hate chefs. And Bourdain always struck me as a typical loud mouthed schmuck who probably took glee in terrorizing his subordinates. The money was good, girls pretty, but life’s too damn short.

Ok cool. I stand corrected. I guess being shaken down for money and having her rep besmirched is much less heartbreaking. How any actress can pull off any degree of sanctimony is beyond me. Same for singers. You don’t get into showbiz without spreading your legs unless your last name opens doors for you.

I guess to get somewhat on topic, I never really got into a Bourdain’s shows beyond stumbling upon the odd episode every now and then. Worked as a server here in the city in my early 20s and I quickly grew to fucking hate chefs. And Bourdain always struck me as a typical loud mouthed schmuck who probably took glee in terrorizing his subordinates. The money was good, girls pretty, but life’s too damn short.
Her dad was a film maker and quite a big deal in Italy apparently. I don't doubt there was some form of harassment but keep your fucking trap shut when you've groomed and screwed as well. No wonder he topped himself.

I’ve seen every episode of Cooks Tour and No Reservations. There are a few episodes of Parts Unknown that I haven’t seen.

I still go back and watch old episodes of No Reservations and Cook’s tour. They’re like comfort food for me.

There was a rumour that she had AB pay the kid 300k to keep quiet but I don’t think that was ever substantiated. What was fucked up is she was in some movie with that kid when he was 6 or 7 years old.

I’ve seen every episode of Cooks Tour and No Reservations. There are a few episodes of Parts Unknown that I haven’t seen.

I still go back and watch old episodes of No Reservations and Cook’s tour. They’re like comfort food for me.
Check out The Layover if you haven't seen it then. It's basically he has a few hours to spare before a connecting flight and what to do with those hours. The longest I've had was in S Korea, I was thinking of him at the time.

There was a rumour that she had AB pay the kid 300k to keep quiet but I don’t think that was ever substantiated. What was fucked up is she was in some movie with that kid when he was 6 or 7 years old.
It wouldn't be, but it makes sense that he would do that. He had the funds.

Yes, people shouldn't come forward about rape.

You know how much of an issue it was to Bourdain, he never left her and tried to fix it. It would be a non-legal issue on 99.999% of the planet.

All you super fans always circle around whoever there is to blame when someone kills themselves. Like people kill themselves over just one reason and it wasn't a build up of unresolved mental health problems. Everyone on this planet would have already killed themselves if a "bad" girl or boyfriend was all it took. The guy was a grown ass man with enough experience to handle what is thrown at nearly everyone.

Last edited:
Biotech, tech, sculpture, music, building, engineering.

To you maybe......

But let's look at it another way.......

There's not many people that aren't interested in food, that's why there's loads of food programs

Building I will give you that but again it's generally because the majority of people live in a building of one type or another.

Music, maybe in certain age groups but declines in as we get older and we become fixed in a certain time period (general population do)

I still watch his shows. At least on in the background while I'm doing other stuff, I like him. I prefer his shows in the US. It's because of him I'm trying to pluck up the courage to cook geoduck. @Seeahtik
Such an odd little goal imo. We used to dig em up as kids just to look at them because they're so weird

A friend of mine is an accomplished chef in Montreal and when I ask him who his favorite celebrity chef is, he says it's Bourdain. He's not too high on Ramsey or Bobby Flay. He says Bourdain knew food and his work as a chef is seriously underrated. He also treated his staff well which for my friend is important.
I always wondered about his skill as a chef. Seemed like he was known more from his books and shows rather than his actual cooking. Been a while since I've read Kitchen Confidential, but from what I remember there was nothing about his cooking career that really stood out.

To you maybe......

But let's look at it another way.......

There's not many people that aren't interested in food, that's why there's loads of food programs

Building I will give you that but again it's generally because the majority of people live in a building of one type or another.

Music, maybe in certain age groups but declines in as we get older and we become fixed in a certain time period (general population do)
I think there was a period in time where food programs swept the nation. It was a transition point from terrible cooking in America to slightly less terrible cooking in America. I think at this point that Emeril and co have kind of done their job and now this shit is relatively boring to me. I get that Bourdain’s shows were mostly travel shows shoehorning in the cuisine because he was a cook. But for me personally, I found his shows mostly formulaic and I’m long done it getting much novelty out of seeing different dishes.

I think a cooking show that pulls off that general format better was the one Rick Bayless did on Mexico. He has fairly deep knowledge of the regions he visited and there wasn’t so much of the by numbers storyline attempt.

I think there was a period in time where food programs swept the nation. It was a transition point from terrible cooking in America to slightly less terrible cooking in America. I think at this point that Emeril and co have kind of done their job and now this shit is relatively boring to me. I get that Bourdain’s shows were mostly travel shows shoehorning in the cuisine because he was a cook. But for me personally, I found his shows mostly formulaic and I’m long done it getting much novelty out of seeing different dishes.

I think a cooking show that pulls off that general format better was the one Rick Bayless did on Mexico. He has fairly deep knowledge of the regions he visited and there wasn’t so much of the by numbers storyline attempt.

You're probably trying to get too much from this format, it's more like light entertainment.

Can I gey the cliffs of what she did exactly. She isnt a pedo from what I read

I just see senseless hating on a woman

I wonder if this era is dead of travel tv shows is dead.

The youth follow Traveller Instagrammers who usually are also very good looking people who also do modelling. There are exceptions as one of the most famous travel guys is Drew binsky an unattractive ginger but he has 600k followers or so which isnt really a lot compared to some accounts in the millions

Back