Books you're reading now

Thinking of finally tackling 'The Bell Jar.'

I've got a lot of time on my hands... Anyone read it?
First half is quite well written. Second half is meh. I told a girl on Facebook I know that she reminded me of the protagonist. Her response:

"I read this at 12. I am a suicidal neurotic so, yeah I guess that makes sense."

New Star Wars High Republic.

Having a hard time with it. The first half is just basic and not pulling me in

Just started a new one..

2 chapters in and its heavy going ..

Being and Time By Martin Heidegger.

Just started Kings ‘The Dark Tower’ series.. almost finished with ‘The Gunslinger’.. I’ve read most of the graphic novels which has added to the story for me personally. Looking forward to seeing how the whole thing plays out.

One thing I’ll add right away is that I personally like the idea of John Farson being separate from The Man in Black.. but the book cannon from what I understand leans more towards them being the same. So reading it coming from the GN’s 1st will be interesting, it’s still cool to have a lot of the visual images (Jae Lee’s especially) in my head while reading the novels tho.

5102Pgja8hL.jpg

51QAS6F2gNL._SY346_.jpg
51o87tIhEWL._SY346_.jpg
41xFp00yqhL._SY346_.jpg
51kqmM18ybL._SY346_.jpg

51Ihk2Aeu4L.jpg
51yoOgnk12L.jpg

The Arcane Casebook series by Dan Willis is HIGHLY recommended. Set in a 1930's where magic exists, Alex Lockerby is a P.I. - Sam Spade or Philip Marlowe, if they could cast spells... him interacting with his mentor, there are just the barest hints of Archie and Wolfe. I read the first 6 books in like 2 weeks. The pages flew by, excellent stories. Waiting on #7 to be finished written. The books are only like $5 each on Kindle. If Wolfe (Goodwin)/Spade/Marlowe with magic thrown in interests you, get this series ASAP

The works of ambrose bierce
Bram stokers dracula
Words and rules by stephen pinker

In spanish
Los de abajo
20000 leguas de viaje submarino

No joke. Abercrombie is in my Top 4 All-Time.
I've read and listened to the First Law more times than I am comfortable to admit.

Although I didn't much care for the half a king trilogy, and still have A Little Hatred on the back burner... Abercrombie is excellent.

Although I didn't much care for the half a king trilogy, and still have A Little Hatred on the back burner... Abercrombie is excellent.

Half a King is for younger readers. Still good, but still. I’m waiting for the new trilogy to be done before I dive in. Re-reading the first trilogy is on my to do list

Rex Stout
Simon R. Green
Larry Correia
I've never read Green or Stout, but Correia & Abercrombie are two of my favorites as well.

Suggestions for the other two?

EDIT: I was checking out Rex Stout... and all of the sudden your username makes sense.

Last edited:
Back