Books/comics/games you wish they'd make into a movie

Some of my favorite graphic novels have already been adapted (some loosely) or in the process. Though the results were a bit disappointing except for a few like Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns.

I would love to see an adaptation of the 1986 mini-series Elektra: Assassin directed by Nicolas Winding Refn.

24327-3630-27082-1-elektra-assassin_super.jpg

the witcher... although I can only imagine a young rutger hauer as geralt
knights of the old republic - maybe Viggo Mortensen as revan
books.... so rarely does a movie do justice to my favourite books
I think deadpool could be done right... its supposed to be in the works

I want star wars episodes 2 and 3 to be put into manga form.

Whoever suggested Preacher, you have a new best friend! Apparently the writers have been shopping around for a while now to get a movie/show going.

I'd also second the Witcher and Dead Pool as well as suggesting more adaptations of Frank Millers work, he rules!

Mark me down for Preacher - It would be interesting to see how far they could go with the movie.

Devil May Cry- But the cool old version, not that new murricanized hipster trash.
Cool protagonist, hot bitches, demons, and uber cinematic stylish gun fights and bigass sword slashing. With a Matrix-like direction and that kind of visual impact of stuff like Van Helsing, not too serious but still flashy even being kinda dark

Dracula- Honestly i will like a ton $$$ production about the Lord of the Darkness.
No emo teen stories, no gay french '700 anne rice stuff, no predator wannabe or wierd CG monster, no Lincoln. And even Coppola, please,stay the fuck out, you and white strange wigs. Just UBER badass son of bitch vampire lord.
Imagine it as a trilogy:
1st Vladdy/Dracula still human, his wars with obvious impaling of ottoman fools and end with trasformation.
2nd Dracula/vampire at his prime in 1650/1700 with romanian castle, lot of servants vs legion of folks/soldiers/priests that move war against him and get murdered in flashy bloodbath. End with him as undisputed Lord of Badassery.
3rd Bored of Transilvania in 1800 Dracula left his broken castle to go pimp in London, the cool shit of the moment. Van Helsing, Mina and others, basically Bram Stoker story

La Divina Commedia(The Divine Comedy)- Tim Burton or Peter Jackson. Epic stilish or Epic epic :icon_chee

Song of Ice and Fire should be made into a manga.

A lot of things that are long with a lot of characters with back stories should be made into manga.

Metal Gear Solid, even though the games are kinda movies in themselves.

I still wanna see a good Venom and Carnage adaptation.

Oddworld would be a really really fun movie.

O017.Oddworld_Abes_Odyssey-front.jpg

I'd like to see It and The Stand done right. As an adaptation, The Stand is actually pretty good, it's just hampered by budget and having to air network television. As for It, it's just painful for me with the exception of Currys performance.

Dark Tower. Still hope for this but it's gonna be incredibly difficult to pull off.

9780375431869.jpg

One of the most fascinating and frightening books Ive ever read. The fact that it's non-fiction is mind blowing. Read this and understand not only how easy it would be to wipe out the human race, but how close it came to happening.

half Life could be interesting if done right. The essential problem is from a story stand point, HL2 and the episodes are far better than the original.

Y: The Last Man could work as a series, but a movie would be much tougher.

Whoever suggested Preacher, you have a new best friend! Apparently the writers have been shopping around for a while now to get a movie/show going.

I'd also second the Witcher and Dead Pool as well as suggesting more adaptations of Frank Millers work, he rules!

Preacher could be very interesting. The problem, at least imo, is realizing that Ennis is one of those writers that is capable of both incredible highs and barrel scraping lows. The main story of Preacher is mostly great except for a couple things here and there and an ending that felt like a bit of a cop out to me. But Ennis is too concerned sometimes with trying to be the Quentin Tarantino of comics. In every arc of Preacher, no matter how good, he has something in it thats so retarded and infantile that it drags the story down imo.

Classic example is the second arc "Till the End of the World", which I think may be the best thing he's ever written. But it just gets so stupid with the inbred retarded family and Custers one eyed friend that's gonna marry his sister. just distracting. And everything Ennis writes is like that. kind of like how in everything he has to have somebody getting raped and think it's funny, just because it's rape.

Still, I love Preacher. But a movie can only be successful if it leaves out the stupid stuff, and that might piss off the purists.

For_whom_movieposter.jpg

It doesn't get much better than gary cooper and ingrid bergman

American Gods
It's being developed as an HBO series (which has me quite worried they'll screw it up. because of the "series" part, not the "hbo" part)

Song of Ice and Fire should be made into a manga.

A lot of things that are long with a lot of characters with back stories should be made into manga.
Not a manga, but there's a comic out there
Game-of-Thrones-Comic-Book-game-of-thrones-24228456-400-600.jpg

Fincher's RE sounds good, so does the S.T.A.L.K.E.R, would definitely watch those.

I want the new Mortal Kombat movie to be good.

Can't wait for Hollywood to butcher God of War.

Games - Shadowrun, Metroid, Master Blaster, Phantasy Star II, Altered Beast, Fallout 1, Robotrek

Books - A Door into Summer, The Glass Bead Game, The Lime Twig, Neuromancer

41o9e7Jl2KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SR1-Cover-PS1.jpg

%7B31BD30F3-A865-45BA-B4DD-BEA1F95A2856%7DImg100.jpg

Though ive heard the last one may be in the works.

Back