Bookmakers tip Khabib to lose to either Tony or Conor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, ts trying to find the most arbitrary way of calculating that Khabib is not favored to win both fights and is still wrong. This dude is a troll that constantly makes outlandish statements about Conor. Don’t waste your time.

At the current odds, betting sites have Khabib losing to either Tony or Conor.

Based on Tony's unpredictability, pace, cardio, power, wrestling ability, elbows, and sub game, it'd hard to deny he's at least very dangerous for Khabib.

Regarding Conor, even in the first fight, which Khabib won, he lost most rounds, and failed most takedown attempts, despite Conor's injury and motivation problems. And with Conor having the best fight IQ in the game, he'll no doubt be a much tougher fight in the rematch (that's if Khabib doesn't run from it).

Whichever way you look at it, Khabib's days appear numbered.
There you go again bullshit ting. Lost most rounds. He won 3/4 at the very worst. And conor's waning motivation is his own fault bruh. Not an excuse and I don't wanna hear no, "I'm not making excuses". That's a goddamn excuse. Also he was in his best shape and had two years to prepare and he still failed horribly. And fight iq? Lol volkanovski Izzy, Jones, max and even motherfucking khabib are smarter

I realise this is a troll thread, but it made me think about how stats can paint a very flawed picture.

Khabib vs Conor is a very classic grappler vs striker matchup imo. Conor wants to keep it standing, preferably at range, while Khabib wants to close the distance, preferably securing the takedown.

Where does a successful takedown attempt from Khabib leave the fight? Typically where we saw the fight take place in round two - Conor in his back, Khabib with a relelntless ground and pound.

Where does a failed takedown attempt from Khabib leave the fight? Most typically, in some sort of clinch, scramble, or neutral grappling position. Now that might not be as advantageous as him getting into full mount for example, but it still puts Khabib in a very, very strong position given the skill gap in all things grappling or ground related.

So in effect, a failed takedown from Khabib still results in Khabib moving the fights towards where he wants it to go. A very good example of this is in round 1 when a (still fresh) Conor stuffs a takedown and then a minute later has Khabib on top of him with his back against the cage.

The “Failed” takedown attempts tax his opponents cardio to make other takedowns more likely.

Khabib uses takedowns to deplete his opponents gas tanks also.

What I’m gathering from this is I need to go throw down some money on Khabib.

Thanks for the heads up OP

He lost most rounds and failed most his takedowns? Lol man you guys done even try anymore
Yes, if you score round 1 for Conor. In it, Conor landed better offense. Khabib won on control, which doesn't trump offense. However his control tired Conor out, which helped Khabib win round 2. Offense is supposed to be above control in scoring, and for good reason, as we need to avoid LNP. Scoring that round for Khabib would just encourage LNP, as he'd just repeat round 1 ad nauseum.

Takedown stats are via the official stats, which can be wrong or misleading. Feel free to reply if you disagree with them.

>Hurr Durr Conor won round 1 against Khabib

Imagine being this desperate to find fictitious silver linings in a fight where Conor was OUTSTRUCK, OUTGRAPPLED, and BEAT into SUBMISSION.

It’s hilarious how some of you Conor stans are still having trouble coping with Khabib cucking Conor

View attachment 716219
Uusal shite from you. Weird font, pictures, and a failure to respond to the content of the post you quoted. I'm already 1-0 in responding to the posts of yours I've quoted in this thread. See if you can turn things in your favor.

I don't have time to read a whole shit thread. If you're saying the parlay of the two is below 50%, so what? you can do that to any fighter
Liked your post for being the first one to realise this. However, my OP is 100% factually correct and has riled up some bad human beings. And what you say isn't technically correct; were Khabib a bigger favorite he'd be expected to win both fights. Also, people haven't clocked onto the fact that even if a comfy favorite in two different fights, as Khabib is, there's still a high likelihood he'll lose one of them. Such is a result of the unpredictabilty of MMA.

<36>

So if you say a lie 100x it will somwhow transform to truth !?
Do you lie yourself, since you cant lie to us?
McCosby was DESTROYED , was in good shape, was motivated, wasn't injured.

He didnt won most of rounds
Yes he did (https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/158249989/). What's the lie? You instantly lose any credibility you mighta had by having to resort to misspelling a fighter's name to tell a hilarious joke.

They have GSP as a +260 if he fights Khabib. If that fight gets booked, you can make bank on GSP.
Thanks for pointing that out. GSP is a HORRIBLE style matchup for Khabib IMO. Don't expect the fight to happen but praying it does just for those odds.

Kabib Ferg I wouldnt bet as I have even. Beeb v Conor I bet farm on Beeb.

Quick check on one betting site bestfightodds.com (variety of bookmakers shown on that site) shows this statement is completely FALSE :

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard02.jpg

as per that info, Khabib is listed as the favorite for both fights, currently.

Based on Tony's unpredictability, pace, cardio, power, wrestling ability, elbows, and sub game, it'd hard to deny he's at least very dangerous for Khabib.

Regarding Conor, even in the first fight, which Khabib won, he lost most rounds, and failed most takedown attempts, despite Conor's injury and motivation problems. And with Conor having the best fight IQ in the game, he'll no doubt be a much tougher fight in the rematch (that's if Khabib doesn't run from it).

Whichever way you look at it, Khabib's days appear numbered.

This is patently untrue. On both sites I use (5D, and bovada) Khabib is the significant favorite. It looks like TS is again posting with his feelings and not using reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back