Bookmakers tip Khabib to lose to either Tony or Conor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncola

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At the current odds, betting sites have Khabib losing to either Tony or Conor.

Based on Tony's unpredictability, pace, cardio, power, wrestling ability, elbows, and sub game, it'd hard to deny he's at least very dangerous for Khabib.

Regarding Conor, even in the first fight, which Khabib won, he lost most rounds, and failed most takedown attempts, despite Conor's injury and motivation problems. And with Conor having the best fight IQ in the game, he'll no doubt be a much tougher fight in the rematch (that's if Khabib doesn't run from it).

Whichever way you look at it, Khabib's days appear numbered.

Last edited:
failed most takedown attempts
this is not true at all

iaquinta, barboza, johnson, tibau, and shalorus all did better than conor defending TDs

not to mention conor cheated 15+ times throughout the fight.

Provide some examples then. Trust Ts to make a thread like that.

They've got a point seeing how Conor was cheated out of the first scrap.

this is not true at all

iaquinta, barboza, johnson, tibau, and shalorus all did better than conor defending TDs

not to mention conor cheated 15+ times throughout the fight.
You misunderstood. Most takedowns that Khabib attempted against Conor, failed.

I find it unlikely. But khabib also paid you back 60 cents to the dollar for the first conor fight. The conor fans do a good job at making it easy money

At the current odds, Khabib is tipped to lose to either Tony or Conor.

Based on Tony's unpredictability, pace, cardio, power, wrestling ability, elbows, and sub game, it'd hard to deny he's at least very dangerous for Khabib.

Regarding Conor, even in the first fight, which Khabib won, he lost most rounds, and failed most takedown attempts, despite Conor's injury and motivation problems. And with Conor having the best fight IQ in the game, he'll no doubt be a much tougher fight in the rematch (that's if Khabib doesn't run from it).

Whichever way you look at it, Khabib's days appear numbered.

What does that mean, "bookmakers tip Khabib"? Like, they leave him a couple bucks after they finished their Applebee's chicken fritters?

What does that mean, "bookmakers tip Khabib"? Like, they leave him a couple bucks after they finished their Applebee's chicken fritters?
No, betting term. They have him losing to one of them

Examples of what?

Example of betting odds.
It doesnt matter actually betting odds don't mean shit. Especially not when you're talking about a guy who is undefeated, 28-0, as smothering and dominant than Khabib is. You probably made that up anyway.

Khabibs fluke grappling wont work a second time, him and his dad know this.

You misunderstood. Most takedowns that Khabib attempted against Conor, failed.
well that is an equally meaningless statement to make as khabib 'fails' on most of his takedowns lol. khabib has 47% TD accuracy, and his TD accuracy against conor was 42%.

No, betting term. They have him losing to one of them

Honestly, Khabib beating Conor again is almost guaranteed, I can't see him losing.

He also pretty much has the stylistic edge on Tony. They're wrong.

Biggest chance of losing is to Gaethje.

Khabib is 28-0 only lost one single round in all his career, betters would be fools to bet against him. I honestly don't understand those lines.

I realise this is a troll thread, but it made me think about how stats can paint a very flawed picture.

Khabib vs Conor is a very classic grappler vs striker matchup imo. Conor wants to keep it standing, preferably at range, while Khabib wants to close the distance, preferably securing the takedown.

Where does a successful takedown attempt from Khabib leave the fight? Typically where we saw the fight take place in round two - Conor in his back, Khabib with a relelntless ground and pound.

Where does a failed takedown attempt from Khabib leave the fight? Most typically, in some sort of clinch, scramble, or neutral grappling position. Now that might not be as advantageous as him getting into full mount for example, but it still puts Khabib in a very, very strong position given the skill gap in all things grappling or ground related.

So in effect, a failed takedown from Khabib still results in Khabib moving the fights towards where he wants it to go. A very good example of this is in round 1 when a (still fresh) Conor stuffs a takedown and then a minute later has Khabib on top of him with his back against the cage.

well that is an equally meaningless statement to make as khabib 'fails' on most of his takedowns lol. khabib has 47% TD accuracy, and his TD accuracy against conor was 42%.
It ain't meaningless for a couple of reasons. Firstly, as you've pointed out, Conor did better than average, while winning most rounds. Secondly, Khabib's stats are swayed by his lack of success against Gleison Tibau (0 of 13). Against other opponents he did much better.

These fucking casual pigs man. When will they learn.
You use casual as an insult. I think it's much worse for a fan to not be a casual and STILL know nothing about fighting. If I'm a casual, how come I know so much more than you? How come I'm quoting multiple sources for both odds and fight stats, and speaking to each fighter's fighting skills? How come you've contributed nothing to the thread, despite your assumed expertise?

And for people complaining about the betting lines - don’t.

According to the bookies, Conor had a better chance of beating Mayweather than the likes of Miguel Cotto and Canelo fucking Alvarez. If that doesn’t demonstrate that his fans are idiots nothing will.

So don’t get mad - take advantage of it. I know lots of folk who never bet, and who aren’t particularly wealthy who put down 4 figure sums (in GBP) on Mayweather getting the stoppage because the odds were so unbelievably misguided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back