Bob Sapp retiring with "well over $10 million"

People who make fun of him don't realize Sapp is laughing all the way to the bank:

- he lives humble in a home with dogs and cats. No wife and kids as far as I know. Think low expenses.

- he estimates around $12-$15 million in total assets when you appraise his property, investments, and endorsements.

- dude was a much bigger deal in Japan than you know, even when people outside of Japan were laughing at him losing his fights. Network television, major advertisements and toy/product licensing deals. Dude was paid ridiculous amounts of money due to his celebrity.

- there's this weird idea the dude snorts lines of coke and burned through all his money on hookers. He invested his money and is living rich; where's the controversy? The only thing I know was suspect was Victor Conte says he rubbed gallons of The Clear on himself fighting for Pride; Victor would know these things. More of an open secret than anything else.

- love or hate him, regional promotions figured paying his fee is worth it as it brings additional eyeballs. Even in his tour of shame, enough fans liked him to justify the thrown fights.

- for well over $10 million, go ahead and make fun of me while you're at it. Your opinions are honestly worth nothing; they're just opinions. Sapp is much smarter at monetizing his fame and investing his money than you give him credit for.

I've defended him a few times, because he's always been a nice dude during interviews, so it's not fair the amount of shit he gets for his fighting record. It's untrue that he's this broke washed up fighter. He's an incredibly well-paid washed up fighter.

Last edited:
Sapp is the p4p smartest man in MMA. While guys like Cain will retire with 600,000, this mother will retired with 10 millions.

Yeah because Cain spends all his money on hookers, blow and Ferraris.

Cain lives like a monk FYI.

I don't question his ability to manage his money but 10million seems like a lot. I'll be more incline to believe he has 1-3 million saved.

He shit on MMA and retired with millions...good for him.

No he doesn't... I would say the promoters who hires him knowing what they get is shitting on mma.
When you hire Bob to "fight" for you.. you KNOW what you get.
Bob just supplies what the market wants. I am not going to hate him for that.

Also I never watched any of the rinkidink orgs that hires him so I have absolutely no problem with what he did.

Good for Bob making a living.

Beast was his persona that sponsors liked. Bob did all sorts of wacky things to promote himself on Japan variety shows, events, etc... People generally liked him. His fading career, believe Bob indicated he kept going since he enjoyed the MMA scene which is an entertainment business. Turns out Bob also made some good $ on the side. Bob stayed out of trouble a requisite to getting lucrative sponsors especially in Japan. While post K-1 Bob's matches were not very entertaining being in cards did bring welcome PR to the events helping others.

Bob did the Beast that he could.

Sapp is the p4p smartest man in MMA. While guys like Cain will retire with 600,000, this mother will retired with 10 millions.

That's because Sapp isn't a black void of charisma like Cain

I think this is 90% due to his size. People love seeing a big guy like that get smashed and he looks good on camera.

Good riddance. The career of this fraud should not be celebrated.

Whatever good he did in his MMA / kickboxing career, he did several times the damage at the back end by willingly debauching the sport for his personal gain.

Well anyone that knows the history of Sapp knows he shouldn't ever be hurting for money.

It was reported during his prime days in Japan Sapp was pulling in 3 million a year just on endorsements. On top of that he was paid a lot of money in the ring. He still makes money in Japan on commercials and appearances. Sapp has never been about blowing money left and right either. I know he has said more then few times through the years he invests a lot of his money.

Even with all that I do think he was totally in the wrong at the end of his career. It really was a disgrace to the sport and unfortunately it will be what many people remember Sapp for.

Believable. Disgrace to the sport. Nice guy though.

probly hasnt paid for shit in a long time

This.

and, btw:

[YT]zXPfVtb6lrg[/YT]

Bob Sapp in the early to mid 2000s was one of the most popular people in Japan (not Japanese MMA, Japan.) He made millions of dollars in endorsements and tv appearances. To this day he is still making money off of advertisements in Japan. Yes last few years his "fights" were a joke, but it's unbelievable to see a former NFL washout defeat the legendary Ernesto Hoost twice in kickboxing, and to pick up 240 lbs Big Nog and slam him the way he did. Had some epic fights in K-1 and Pride. Not to mention his pro-wrestling persona. Will be missed by many hardcore pre-2008 MMA fans. All the best Bob! *Muahahahahahahahahaha*

WAR SAPP!!!!

bob-sapp-o.gif

Pro wrestling

Kickboxing

MMA

Variety Shows

Endorsements

Sponsors

Bobbu is caking like he owns a bakery.

Other dudes can fight because it's "in their DNA" or whatever the fuck, but that funky genetic makeup won't help them out 10 years down the road when they are broke and have bills to pay with college tuition to worry about.

Back