Bob Sapp retiring with "well over $10 million"

This. Seems completely pointless to pick up 30-50k (and that's being generous) to waste a week and go through all the travel and such to a weird country only to lose in like ten seconds, if you already have millions in the bank.

I call BS because Bob Sapp has seemed pretty crazy lately and it just doesn't make much sense.

I dont see why he wouldnt. It was his job. He wasnt even kinda secret about going down when someone hit him. 50k for a weeks pay is good money.

Sapp is the p4p smartest man in MMA. While guys like Cain will retire with 600,000, this mother will retired with 10 millions.

Why exactly do you think Cain will only retire with 600k? I don't even get what you're trying to say.

are you guys really believing 10 mill? Prolly 10 mill yen which is like 100k USD

This. Seems completely pointless to pick up 30-50k (and that's being generous) to waste a week and go through all the travel and such to a weird country only to lose in like ten seconds, if you already have millions in the bank.

I call BS because Bob Sapp has seemed pretty crazy lately and it just doesn't make much sense.

Do you know how big was bob sapp in japan? I don't think so. He said he actually received 2 million $ to fight against Akebono Also K-1 paid him in every fight with about 500K $. He also fight in k-1. He was in a lot of comercials/promo, has a lot of toys and played in some movies. Actually I was shocked when I heard that he had only 10 million $ left. THE guy should have at least 30 million $. He is a legend in japan and one of the most know fighters wolrd-wide. He is also a legend in europe. Everyone know him and speak about him.

I'm glad.

Both that he's got a lot of money, and that he's fucking finally retiring.

Why exactly do you think Cain will only retire with 600k? I don't even get what you're trying to say.

Haven't you noticed that Cain spends all his money on worthless bling? He's a flashy guy. Plus, there's all the hookers and blow. Those aren't cheap either.

His late combat sport career was a total joke but damn he did get some good money collecting. Japan loves him. I am jelly.

30-40k is pretty much bang on what he was getting from the SFL iirc, plus he got to travel the world on someone else dime, then get paid, and then have a no risk scrap. Sounds fun to me really. Also, 40k doesnt stop being 40k if you have 10 million. People who have 10 million and disregard a 40k payday are the the folk who end up broke.

I am sure he has at least that much. The man is a Celebrity, he has starred in movies, numerous K1 and MMA fights and he does some shows on reality Japanese TV. Props to him though. He has done well enough for him to enjoy.

Famous Bob Sapp quotes:

1) "Do I read the comments? Yes. And I care only about what people think instead of what a person thinks".

2) You are right, you are not a horse...".

Absolute genius.

And it's a shame that Sapp is retireing. His dives were legendary and equally commical. I'll miss Sapp.

Sapp is the p4p smartest man in MMA. While guys like Cain will retire with 600,000, this mother will retired with 10 millions.

well, sapp was born being a beast. cain is an, "average" sized fighter. there aren't many, "freak show" fighters around.

Probably turns out all these years he was betting against himself in those fights, amassing millions through shady back-alley deals.

WAR Beast!

30-40k is pretty much bang on what he was getting from the SFL iirc, plus he got to travel the world on someone else dime, then get paid, and then have a no risk scrap. Sounds fun to me really. Also, 40k doesnt stop being 40k if you have 10 million. People who have 10 million and disregard a 40k payday are the the folk who end up broke.

Yeah, it's basically a free trip with a $40k appearance fee to do an extremely short sparring session. Worth it even if you're rich.

are you guys really believing 10 mill? Prolly 10 mill yen which is like 100k USD

One of my best friends is best friends with Bob.

I can guarantee you that Bob has big money, and I wouldn't doubt he has over 10 million.
Right now he is in Japan doing a mainstream commercial for new balance shoes, and he has several dozens of endorsement deals in japan that each net him over 6 figures.

Normally I wouldn't chime in about Bob, but I get annoyed when people bash on Bob, because I know what a great guy he is. He is a tireless worker, and busts his ass for what he has, and still lives a modest and humble life.

Bob is a good businessman, and I think he has shown a good blueprint for how a person who competes in combat sports should handle their endorsement deals.

idc if i make 100k a year, if someone offered to pay for fees like (travel, hotel, etc.) and let me throw a fight and get paid like 4-5k multiple times a year, i would do it.

He found away to use a lack of fighting ability to become a millionaire many times over. Hard to deny that kind of business talent no matter how much you wanna be a hater.

Back