• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Multiplatform Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

I played it to death in the alpha, so it's a game I come back to here and there for a few runs. Tons of new stuff each time I play, and I don't think I've played half of the bosses and characters. However, last week when I last played it, I dunno. I was leveling up with power scrolls like insane. By the time I reached the final boss I had like 16,000 health and insane damage numbers on my purple weapons, which was every one. Breezed through every boss that run. Odd.

I like seeing all the new stuff lol, I should probably sit down and stop trying to just speed run everything.

It has multiple difficulties right?

Normal and Hard, on hard the enemy AI is much more aware and homing items really home in on you. I only play on hard difficulty. Not sure if it's on the console versions (not on the Switch version) but on PC there's community made levels under the custom option. Some can get pretty brutal, especially on hard difficulty. Check out levels from Yukiko for brutal difficulty Soup Calhoun for creativity, and Spymaps for overall solidly made levels.

Went ahead and got it, even with the steep price tag, in the hopes it does well, and gets us a new castlevania in the same vein(hehe) as this.

Very fun. The pace is fantastic, and so is the gameplay. Lots of things to unlock by killing, and killing, the enemies. Music is great, though not excellent, and there are bugs here and there. Certainly not as cool a character as Alucard, but it feels right. Wish the graphics were on Trine's level, but what's here is still pretty atmospheric.

8/10 at 35% done

Went ahead and got it, even with the steep price tag, in the hopes it does well, and gets us a new castlevania in the same vein(hehe) as this.

Very fun. The pace is fantastic, and so is the gameplay. Lots of things to unlock by killing, and killing, the enemies. Music is great, though not excellent, and there are bugs here and there. Certainly not as cool a character as Alucard, but it feels right. Wish the graphics were on Trine's level, but what's here is still pretty atmospheric.

8/10 at 35% done

Is the Michiru Yamane OST as good as SoTN's??

Green Man Gaming has this for $28. I went ahead and bit on it at that price.

Way to easy, bout 3/4 through and im struggling to finish it. I am facerolling EVERYTHING the arrow magic is to stronk.

Way to easy, bout 3/4 through and im struggling to finish it. I am facerolling EVERYTHING the arrow magic is to stronk.
True arrow is very strong. I felt the game got more difficult once I got to the desert area, but nothing too crazy especially when warp stones are so cheap.

There is so much stuff I had no idea about like, level 9 yellow shards becoming auto, that I'm looking forward to NG+ I'm at like 98% discovered and just got the best great sword. 20+ hours and I've loved every minute of it even the grinding recipes for that old bag.

True arrow is very strong. I felt the game got more difficult once I got to the desert area, but nothing too crazy especially when warp stones are so cheap.

Its still enjoyable, I usually prefer hard games that I really need solid strategies to win. But this is a nice change.

Oof dat Switch port doe...

What a huge difference from the beta to the final game. If the Video Game awards had an award for most improved game bloodstained would win in a landslide.

I accidentally beat it in 9 hours yesterday and got the shitty ending having only uncovered around 53% of the map. Time to go back and discover everything. I felt so overpowered with the level 2 Eu's sword stacked with the attack speed tome buff.

Started this last night on PC and I'm about an hour in. The graphics are way better than I thought they would be. Really impressive lighting engine.

Gameplay is tight but I'm not into the story at all. The anime, corny dialogue and ridiculous stories just don't do anything for me. Other than that, I'm enjoying it. I'm stuck on the 2nd boss though. I don't know if I need to level up or get some better weapons or what. Also, I'm relying on potions for everything. Outside of save rooms that refill your health, anyone have any tips for restoring health?

Started this last night on PC and I'm about an hour in. The graphics are way better than I thought they would be. Really impressive lighting engine.

Gameplay is tight but I'm not into the story at all. The anime, corny dialogue and ridiculous stories just don't do anything for me. Other than that, I'm enjoying it. I'm stuck on the 2nd boss though. I don't know if I need to level up or get some better weapons or what. Also, I'm relying on potions for everything. Outside of save rooms that refill your health, anyone have any tips for restoring health?
Cooking. It heals you and the first time you eat something it gives you a permanent buff. Also carry lots of warp stones. They are dirt cheap and will save your ass.

Level up, and fight with light weapons. I always go for daggers. The attack rate is ridiculous.

I beat this a few days ago. Super addicting. My only grip was the obtuse nature of the last part of the game and healing. The crafting was more of a pain than anything so I just relied on high potions which aren't that great to begin with.

Great game though and I'm having trouble deciding what to play next since it's going to be hard to follow.

The underground lava place is kicking my ass