• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Multiplatform Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

The trailer looks like dog shit but the rave reviews are tempting me.

Someone play it and report back here.

Sherdog opinion trumps all.

On a side note I just looked up Bloodstained curse of the moon which is more of a throwback to old school Castlevania games. What's funny is I am more interested in that game and I just checked and realized that I already have that game because I downloaded it for free from games with gold awhile back. Yay.

It looks like an excellent Castlvania tribute. However, the price is fucking ridiculous, predatory nostalgia gouging(yeah I just made that up). It's just a 2D Metroidvania game, to which there are so many quality ones out there you get for a fraction of the price they're selling this game for.

Definite wait for sale/price drop.

40 bucks is just too rich for my blood for a mertroidvania game. Wouldn't be shocked tosee it on sale in a month during the summer sale.

This game is amazing.
Shards are cool. A bit over an hour and I already have like 10 spread across the 5 types you can equip.
I like that it has sidequests so far nothing special but looks like is a lot of them.
Weapons have special techniques you can learn.
There is crafting and you can make food. When you eat something for the first time you get a permanent stat boost.
Feels just like SoTN
Basically this game is SoTN but with everything you'd expect from a game in 2019, although Alucard is way cooler than this girl.

On a side note I just looked up Bloodstained curse of the moon which is more of a throwback to old school Castlevania games. What's funny is I am more interested in that game and I just checked and realized that I already have that game because I downloaded it for free from games with gold awhile back. Yay.

I have that game. It was free with Xbox Games with Gold. It is terribad. Clunky af and it's like an NES Castlevania.

Here is the Jim Sterling video I was talking about earlier.

I have that game. It was free with Xbox Games with Gold. It is terribad. Clunky af and it's like an NES Castlevania.

Yeah, don’t listen to this.

Curse of the Moon was an awesome throwback. If you’re a fan of old school Castlevania games you’ll really like it.

Fun game, I even got an 8 bit coin lol.

SoTN is one of my all time favorite games so I'll probably pick this up once I finish up my current games.

I played that one. Once the nostalgia wore off I got pretty bored with it.

Can't speak on Bloodstained, but I love Dead Cells. I recently beat it, if you technically can for the time being the other day, and it's one of my favorite indies from this golden age, up there with hotline miami and broforce.

I haven't beat Dead cells, but I also rarely play it. But every once in a while I just do 3-4 runs. I also don't treat anything with respect so I take a lot more damage than I should. It's fun as fuck though. Everyone was recommending Hollow Knight, that game is wack compared to Dead Cells.

I haven't beat Dead cells, but I also rarely play it. But every once in a while I just do 3-4 runs. I also don't treat anything with respect so I take a lot more damage than I should. It's fun as fuck though. Everyone was recommending Hollow Knight, that game is wack compared to Dead Cells.

I played it to death in the alpha, so it's a game I come back to here and there for a few runs. Tons of new stuff each time I play, and I don't think I've played half of the bosses and characters. However, last week when I last played it, I dunno. I was leveling up with power scrolls like insane. By the time I reached the final boss I had like 16,000 health and insane damage numbers on my purple weapons, which was every one. Breezed through every boss that run. Odd.

I'm enjoying it and It's a lot different than the old school castlevanias.