BLM founder says all lives is racist

I've said it many times throughout my life: the appropriate answer to racism is NOT acceptable reverse-racism.

I got involved in a very similar debate on Facebook of all places. And this black woman replies to me and says that the moment I was born white I had an advantage over her and my problems mattered less than hers and I had it easier in life automatically. I attempted to counter back by saying isn't it kind of racist to say that my skin color determined something about myself without even considering that I'm a person underneath, an individual? She quickly resorted to saying that I was being racist. Ha...

That's literally what she was doing though. In my opinion that's the definition of racism. Judging someone by the color of their skin alone.

The sky is racist too. So is the sun and the moon, and asteroids.

Giraffes and antelopes and glaciers are racist.
But not the black mamba or black widow because racism = prejudice+power

i love how these SJW groups always try to maintain the facade of being rational people. but always over a short amount of time they start to slip up and the groups end up showing how utterly retarded they actually are. in doing so they just end up alienating any actual rational person from ever wanting to be associated with them.

they just can't help going full retard. they try way to hard to be seen as the one and only victim, then end up saying something stupid because of it

The people using it as a retort are likely perceiving 'black lives matter' as implicating that they don't, or that only black lives matter to the politics.
I'm only jut now in this thread realizing that this is something people think. It never would have occurred to me that people could be dense enough to mentally insert an "only" before BLM's slogan.

So instead of saying "No, white lives matter!" or "Black lives dont matter", one says "All lives matter" and it's deemed racist because equality is not the end game? I figured equality was the point of all this. Ending systematic racial discrimination, etc.
It's such bullshit for people to pretend it's not reflexive and opportunistic. Show me the people who actually care about racial equality saying All Lives Matter, and that's our sincere faction. How many of these would you expect there are, in reality? Not many. Show me the All Lives Matter people who are sympathetic to the conditions that spawned BLM. Again, not many. It's primarily dishonest.

I got involved in a very similar debate on Facebook of all places. And this black woman replies to me and says that the moment I was born white I had an advantage over her and my problems mattered less than hers and I had it easier in life automatically. I attempted to counter back by saying isn't it kind of racist to say that my skin color determined something about myself without even considering that I'm a person underneath, an individual? She quickly resorted to saying that I was being racist. Ha...

That's literally what she was doing though. In my opinion that's the definition of racism. Judging someone by the color of their skin alone.
I certainly had an advantage having been born a white male in the US.
But it's largely turned out to be theoretical privilege as opposed to actuality; I was born into the generation that started accepting reverse discrimination, and pretty much my whole life I've heard this litany that I should feel guilty and awful about myself.

And it's absolutely racist to make up your mind about someone because they're a certain skin color. Again, it seems to be far more acceptable if I'm the target, because that kind of racism is okay.

i love how these SJW groups always try to maintain the facade of being rational people. but always over a short amount of time they start to slip up and the groups end up showing how utterly retarded they actually are. in doing so they just end up alienating any actual rational person from ever wanting to be associated with them.

they just can't help going full retard. they try way to hard to be seen as the one and only victim, then end up saying something stupid because of it
As for SJW going full retard news, professor Click just got canned, thankfully...

It's not about what they're saying when they say "al lives matter", it's what they're doing. The phrase, as I keep repeating, was coined solely for the purpose of getting protesters who want their lives treated like they matter as much as anyone else's to sit down and shut up.

Black people are treated like their lives don't matter because they're black? What is your premise based on?

I always find the all lives matter statement very dismissive. Black lives matter movement is about black people feeling police dont value their lives and have no problem killing them. We can debate if its right or wrong, but for people to make that statement and say yeah well all lives matter is like saying yeah lets just move on everyone matters. They never said other lives dont matter, but out lives matter too

Black people are treated like they're lives don't matter because they're black? What is your premise based on?

It's based on listening to black people speak about their experience being black in America. And studies and statistics. Listening is most important though. I've never felt like my life was treated as though it didn't matter because I was white, nor has any other white person I know. There's something to what black people are saying and I think it's good to listen.

I always find the all lives matter statement very dismissive. Black lives matter movement is about black people feeling police dont value their lives and have no problem killing them. We can debate if its right or wrong, but for people to make that statement and say yeah well all lives matter is like saying yeah lets just move on everyone matters. They never said other lives dont matter, but out lives matter too
20141204-patreon-590x210.png

I might be more willing to listen to here if she weren't so divisive and confrontational.

You realize that this cartoon presents the issue as entirely exclusively to black people, and that nobody else has problems. Additionally, it portrays all attention going to non black people and no attention going to black people. It's completely all or nothing.

The only case you could make was that there was an imbalance, and that the house on the left had smaller flames, and that the house on the right should be getting more water (but not all the water)

This movement is becoming less about awareness and more about meritless entitlement.

You realize that this cartoon presents the issue as entirely exclusively to black people, and that nobody else has problems.
That's a baseless and stupid assertion. It does no such thing.

Additionally, it portrays all attention going to non black people and no attention going to black people. It's completely all or nothing.

It's an illustration to make a point. Literally. You know it's a cartoon, right? Nobody's calling it a documentary.

The only case you could make was that there was an imbalance,
That is precisely the case that everyone is making.

That's a baseless and stupid assertion. It does no such thing.

It's an illustration to make a point. Literally. You know it's a cartoon, right? Nobody's calling it a documentary.

That is precisely the case that everyone is making.

Yes, it shows zero flames on the left house (non black people) and all the flames on the other house (black people)

It also shows all the water going to the left house (non black people) and zero water going to the right house (black people)

This is all or nothing in two ways.

But yes it's a political cartoon so accurately presenting reality isn't all that important as long as people are swayed by it.

Yes, it shows zero flames on the left house (non black people) and all the flames on the other house (black people)

It also shows all the water going to the left house (non black people) and zero water going to the right house (black people)

This is all or nothing in two ways.

But yes it's a political cartoon so accurately presenting reality isn't all that important as long as people are swayed by it.
Oh my fucking god. Yes. The jokey cartoon is not a 100% accurate representation of reality in every possible way. Please keep arguing that point all day.

As long as you are a productive member of society and don't trample on others rights and freedoms, I to varying extents, value your life. I don't care what race you are, what gender you are/identify/whatever as, what your sexual orientation is, what your religion is, what your political beliefs are - be a decent person and I will respect you.

BLM really does need better spokes people. At the same time there's obviously major resistance to some pretty clear points which might have nothing to do with who is delivering the message. In this thread we have an intelligent poster, @Madmick , seemingly intentionally misunderstanding what another intelligent poster, @Forkfoot , is posting.

Back