BLM founder says all lives is racist

Yeah, the angelic purity of the inherent definition. Sophistry.
So instead of saying "No, white lives matter!" or "Black lives dont matter", one says "All lives matter" and it's deemed racist because equality is not the end game? I figured equality was the point of all this. Ending systematic racial discrimination, etc.

Certainly they chose their name poorly, and their tactics have been questionable, as well as some of the societal cancer they've championed.
Aside from their name, tactics, and roster of losers, though, their message is halfway worthwhile.
Indeed, and I'll agree with this. There certainly is a point to it, it's just obscured by intentionally defensive means. Booing someone for saying all lives matter seems totally counter productive, IMO.

Someone could be a total outsider, not racist at all and see "All lives matter" as a positive message. But it's apparently a racist message.

So instead of saying "No, white lives matter!" or "Black lives dont matter", one says "All lives matter" and it's deemed racist because equality is not the end game? I figured equality was the point of all this. Ending systematic racial discrimination, etc.
Why say anything at all? What is it about the assertion that black lives matter that necessitates some kind of retort?

And yet many black people feel that they're living in a system which does not treat their lives as though they matter as much as everyone else's.

ok, people feel all sorts of things and there are many perspectives, even amongst the same racial group. There is no monopoly on such things. I have a lot of issues with the system myself.

No it isn't.

There is no such implication.

Then there is no implication that all lives matters is a way of rejecting black lives matters.

At the end of the day, it's a matter of perceptions, and declaring that there is no perception of one thing or another is impossible. All that can be looked at is patterns and reactions.

This is the thing with racists. Nothing "their" side can do is ever racist, but the same actions from another group is. It is how you can tell who the real racists are. If their group can, but yours cannot, that is an obvious sign that points to what their end-game is.

When black people stop letting their leaders convince them that they are perpetual victims and always will be, we will be able to move on and create a productive society. I don't get why black people listen so intently to people who tell them they can't achieve.

Why say anything at all? What is it about the assertion that black lives matter that necessitates some kind of retort?
Because BLM sounds like ONLY black lives matter. If one is going to make the assertion that no, it's about systematic racism, then how could one make the assertion that all lives matter is specifically made to counter the systematic racism message?

ok, people feel all sorts of things and there are many perspectives, even amongst the same racial group. There is no monopoly on such things. I have a lot of issues with the system myself.
Great. So you can sympathize with their plight somewhat.

Then there is no implication that all lives matters is a way of rejecting black lives matters.
Except for the way it's used as a retort against black people saying their lives matter.

Blacks talk as if ending up in prison is inevitable. You end up in prison if you commit a crime. Don’t start dealing drugs or joining a gang and act surprised when they rightfully arrest you. The real problem is lack of proper education and affordable university education. They have no upward mobility, no economic prospects, so they end up going to crime.

Indeed, and I'll agree with this. There certainly is a point to it, it's just obscured by intentionally defensive means. Booing someone for saying all lives matter seems totally counter productive, IMO.

Someone could be a total outsider, not racist at all and see "All lives matter" as a positive message. But it's apparently a racist message.
With forcibly stopping/shouting at passers-by, and blocking freeway traffic, it's like they have no idea how to sell their message to people who don't already agree with them.
Indeed, I don't think they care, either, or a good PR person could have done them some good by now.

My take, they're a bunch of disorganized goofballs that got thrust into the media spotlight without the readiness that a legitimate special interest campaign usually has.

Where are our conspiracy theorists on this movement? You guys are slacking. I want to hear the one about how this lady is a secret devotee of Trump. She's engineering this whole thing just to help him build his brand.
No, it's the lizard men and the illuminati.

Great. So you can sympathize with their plight somewhat.

Except for the way it's used as a retort against black people saying their lives matter.

Of course I can sympathize but not uncritically. This is politics, afterall. Organized political activism is a dirty business and should not be taken at face value.

The people using it as a retort are likely perceiving 'black lives matter' as implicating that they don't, or that only black lives matter to the politics. It goes both ways. You can't declare how something is perceived.

Back