Status
Not open for further replies.

Thai Otoshi

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
[YT]ZmKEf-AYhJE[/YT]

[YT]FvqZxWLnqco[/YT]

This game looks like absurd amounts of fun, is likely for only of the PC master race, and is set for a 2015 beta.

You can sign up to be one of the first beta testers here.

Race between this and Battleborn to see who can capture the market first.

I signed up, looks good.

Interesting. I hope Jay Wilson isn't attached to the project in any way.

Meh. Blizzard has started becoming super uninspiring when it comes to making games.

Meh. Blizzard has started becoming super uninspiring when it comes to making games.

With the advent of the internet, and the ease with which information can be shared across the world... originality is overrated.

What matters more is execution.

TF2 has arguably the best online FPS MP model to copy from.

Heroes of the Storm cant work for the playerbase is already fractured from LoL and DOTA. TF2 numbers are on the decline and this is Blizzard showing Valve and even Destiny how that genre should work.

I signed up for the beta. Zenyatta playstyle interested me the most. Has a Aang feel to it : )

Didn't expect a new title from Blizzard at all. I haven't eevn gotten in to play heroes of the storm yet.

The big question is how much of your team will be comprised of Reapers on a regular basis.

My guess is slightly more than 99.99%

Looks cool, though. Be nice if something peeled me away from TF2.

It looks good to me. Signed up for beta.

Reaper seem to be my kind of guy

Yeah I would agree he seems the best, altho tracer and the drone are cool.

I like the game so far interesting to see it played full on.

and yeah there is healing in the game, go to the website and you can see the different classes and their skills.

Heroes of the Storm cant work for the playerbase is already fractured from LoL and DOTA. TF2 numbers are on the decline and this is Blizzard showing Valve and even Destiny how that genre should work.

I signed up for the beta. Zenyatta playstyle interested me the most. Has a Aang feel to it : )

Actually, Heroes wont work because its literally the most casual MOBA around, theres like no substance in the game. Oh, and the MOBA business is tied down like a motherfucker like you said.

With the advent of the internet, and the ease with which information can be shared across the world... originality is overrated.

What matters more is execution.

TF2 has arguably the best online FPS MP model to copy from.

Yeah, originality is rare. In the end Blizzard doesnt make bad games, but they're not in their golden age anymore, thats for sure.

Originality is somewhat overrated by gamers imo. You look back at the classic games, oftentimes they weren't necessarily ground breakingly original so much as they refined the genre tropes and systems or had certain gimmicks that enhanced the gameplay or just did whatever it was they did superbly well. Aside from Diablo, Blizzard has never really innovated a new game style so much as refined what had been done and added their own flair. Warcraft, Starcraft, etc were great RTS's but they were hardly the first. WoW looked at what other MMO's had done well, but also in particular what they hadn't done well, and then made a license to print money.

Hearthstone, in my limited experience with it, attempts to remove the clutter and somewhat obtuse mechanics inherent in TCGs and strip it down to essentially it's funnest components. I can't comment on their MOBA style game as I have no experience with it, but I'd assume it would be somewhat similar.

That's generally Blizzards philosophy. Take something that's been successful and strip away all the things that are a barrier to it being fun, and then enhance whatever is left.

This game looks awesome, and certainly if it delivers on the trailer it'll have more than enough gameplay mechanics and variation to separate itself from the pack.

And if critical acclaim and sales are the metric for success, Blizzard has yet to make a misstep for decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back