Blizzard's Upcoming FPS: Overwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind. I guess beta will start in the Fall. I thought the game was a lot closer than that.

Looks like it should be on the shelf with skylanders.. Looks terrible
Uhhhh...it looks fucking amazing.

Bastion (Defense)
[YT]XNkFCsRAPtA[/YT]

Hanzo (Defense)
[YT]ZLFhMd0Omn4[/YT]

L

Last edited:
How many freaking pics/vids can mods have in a single post?

How many freaking pics/vids can mods have in a single post?
I thought it was only pics where they restrict you to 6 per post, but if they changed anything for mods, then I'll assume they did it for Dragon. He uses every ounce of battery they give him.

This game is going to be freaking sick, I heard valve is partially involved in the development, blizzard+valve=dream team for PC games. So many military shooters these days, this is something completely different. this game will have a strong community and also be a major player on the professional e-sports market. I rarely buy games, last one was starcraft 2 (digital crack), next one will be overwatch.

Chun Li wore it better

91144da398b8c165a33c2523d38c51b5.jpg

^^

I love how every character is an homage to other characters from video games or popular culture.
  • Bastion references the video game of the same title by his name, but he looks like more of a Mechwarrior nod in design.
  • Hanzo appears to be inspired by the Assassin's Creed games.
  • Lucio reminds me of Samuel L. Jackon's Iceman from Pixar's The Incredibles movies in design. His BFG is both a nod to DOOM and characters who have arms for cannons everywhere. I'm missing a big influence, here, though, I can tell.
  • McCree looks like a dead ringer for a Red Dead Redemption homage.
  • Mercy appears to be a nod to hack n' slash Japanime style games like the Bayonetta series, or perhaps even an homage to rival MMO Aion. She also resembles the Healer unit from Clash of Clans.
  • Pharah is definitely a nod to Samus from Metroid.
  • Reaper reminds of Deadshot from the X-Men universe.
  • Reinhardt's art style reminds me a little of the Warhammer games.
  • Symmetra has thos Chun Li thighs.
  • Torbjorn is a classic dwarf. The OG in videogames was in Golden Axe, but I think this is as much a nod to Gimli as that, and more probably (considering the similarity of artistic style) to dwarfs they created in their own Warcraft history.
  • Winston pays respect to that godfather of retro arcade titles: Donkey Kong.
  • Zarya is definitely a tip of the hat to Zangief from Street Fighter.
Not sure about Soldier 76, Tracer, Widowmaker, or Zenyatta.

Last edited:
I've noticed in some pics there is a guy with a gas mask, any word on this character?

lineup-standard.3DDlu.jpg

TyIr24J.jpg

Wonder if the hook will be a pull in if it lands on someone (blitzcrank/pudge)

Overwatch, Fallout 4, Doom. My life is fucked in the coming year.

The more I see of this game the more excited I get. I would punch babies to get chosen for the inevitable beta.

Meh. Blizzard has started becoming super uninspiring when it comes to making games.

Don't care about originality I care about a game being fun. There was nothing original about World of Warcraft they just showed the whole industry how to make a proper MMO. Maybe they'll do that again here or maybe not will see.

Coming along nicely. Forgot to sign up for the beta ages ago. I prefer team shooters/hack and brawl games where the abilities of different team members are more unique than your typical shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back