Blinded my McGregor hate.

You're confusing 2 different things. Conor at no point came close to giving up in the Mendes fight. When you say "he looked for a way out" you aren't referring to that. He looked for a way into a more advantagegous position. Any competitive advantage possible: That's how sportspeople operate. In soccer. In basketball. In MMA. In all sports. PEDs. Eye gouging. Complaining about elbows. Chad did all those, 2 of which are illegal. There's a lot more that exist in the sport.

So, getting back to the point, Conor reacted well to the adverstiy in the Mendes fight. He took the overhand bombs on the feet, and kept marching forward. NO ONE does that. After getting up from takedowns, he IMMEDIATELY went to work. NO ONE does that. When Chad went for the guillotine, Conor fought to get out of it. He fought like a man possessed that night, and at the same time, it was the most mortal he had looked in any fight. That was of course until Nate hit him with the 1-2 in March.
He had a guy who had less than 2 week to prepare, is smaller, and still, when the fight got hard, was looking for help out a bad situation. It was not till gassed out chad dove for a hail mary submission did conor "fight like hell" to scramble out of it. Not hard to do that against a gassed out opponent.

Anyhow, if he loses again next week at least you guys will disappear for awhile again.

And again when that mendes fight was not in his favor the first thing he did was ask for the REF to stand the fight up.

And both times he faced a bit of adversity he looked for a way out - asking a ref to stand it up, panic wrestling and offering no resistance and giving his neck and the submission up on a platter.
Most of McGregor's interaction with Herb was about Mendes digging and clawing his midget, steroid creamed fingers in McGregor's eyes/cut, which Herb warned Mendes about repeatedly.

He asked to be stood up at the very end of the 2nd, when Mendes was just lying ontop of him throwing an elbow every 40 seconds or so, where Herb told him to fuck himself. Then, you know, he escaped and finished him, speaking of adversity.

He had a guy who had less than 2 week to prepare, is smaller, and still, when the fight got hard, was looking for help out a bad situation. It was not till gassed out chad dove for a hail mary submission did conor "fight like hell" to scramble out of it. Not hard to do that against a gassed out opponent.

Anyhow, if he loses again next week at least you guys will disappear for awhile again.
I never disappeared. And won't. I'm an MMA fan. And I have no reason to hide, whether Conor wins or loses.

Conor looking for a standup is obviously not him looking for a way out of the fight. That's what matters. He looked for a standup to get an advantage within the fight. He didn't want out of it. The original point the poster made was about Conor giving up at the first sign of adversity. The Chad fight provided adversity, and Conor absolutely didn't give up.

giphy.gif

WTF is right buddy. He hasn't even defended the title once, wtf is up with that pussy shit am I right?

You said he hasent done anything. Thats dumb. He beat Holloway, Mendes and KO'd Aldo who was #1 P4P in 13 seconds. Come on man.

We're not talking about Sage Northcutt here.

You said he hasent done anything. Thats dumb. He beat Holloway, Mendes and KO'd Aldo who was #1 P4P in 13 seconds. Come on man.

We're not talking about Sage Northcutt here.
Mixedfights dropping truth right here.

Conor's probably not as good as his most outrageous supporters suggest, but he's a crapton better than his detractors like to pretend he is.

No one thinks Conor is a can. He just isn't what he was once hyped to be, no one is, but fight fans buy into it. We want that idea of an unbeatable superhuman to be real. The 90s action movie hero trained by ancient masters to beat anyone.

So when the people seen in that light lose it opens them up to the criticism of both those who knew no one was invincible and those who feel duped by believing in the impossible.

Conor will always be good at selling fights but unless he becomes the first 2 division champ it won't be as easy as it was before Nate.

@145 He's a proven superstar, outside 145 he's proven to be a little sub par so far...
pretty much, i think if you strip away his fanboys on here and do the same with diaz fanboys, most folks would say he is entertaining to watch, wether you buy into his antics and trash talk is another matter, some folk get annoyed by it, some amused, and some are indifferent.

Nope. Your weirdly accusatory response was so vague as to be essentially meaningless.
its more of a subtle, cautious glance in your direction unsure if you were, on one hand trying to be complimentary and on the other sarcastic.

Conor is too materialistic about money and shit and is pretty effeminate--even more than the females--for a fighter which puts most of us off. And then there are the nuthuggers. Oh the nuthuggers. Plus he hasn't really done shit for all this hype and exposure that he gets. He's an average striker with sub-par ground skills.
Hasn't done shit? He's an 8-1 featherweight with 7 KO's that's unheard of he's a killer

its more of a subtle, cautious glance in your direction unsure if you were, on one hand trying to be complimentary and on the other sarcastic.

I mean, I can't take anyone seriously who lives in some kind of weird denial that Ronda has done a fuckload to increase the profile of the sport. Conor has too, just on a lesser scale since he doesn't have the Hollywood facet to his game (yet).

And Conor has paid respect to Ronda for that, which makes it even weirder than any Conor fan would hate on her for it or deny the clear and obvious similarities between the two.

I mean, I can't take anyone seriously who lives in some kind of weird denial that Ronda has done a fuckload to increase the profile of the sport. Conor has too, just on a lesser scale since he doesn't have the Hollywood facet to his game (yet).

And Conor has paid respect to Ronda for that, which makes it even weirder than any Conor fan would hate on her for it or deny the clear and obvious similarities between the two.
I don't hate her, i really don't care about her one way or the other. But a lot of people on this board compare Conor to her in a derogatory way. In terms of popularity and bringing new people to the sport then yeah they have those similarities but that's where they end as far as i am concerned.

Back