No Spoilers Official Black Myth: Wukong Discussion

I hope Wukong is as big of a dick as he is in the novel

With so many unprovens for this project from individual developers up, this is a 100% do not preorder game. Real talk. This was in the vaporware pile up until recently, even. Fence-sit the launch and then decide. My opinion. I think as gamers, we're an enthusiastic bunch; we need curb that enthusiasm sometimes more than others.
Yeah but it did have very positive previews from many outlets last week when previews went up. I think the notion that Chinese games are vaporware is slowing disappearing. We also had Phantom Blade 0 criticized as too good to be real and then it had a playable demo that people loved at Summer Fest. I’ll wait for reviews but it’s absolutely a day one if it runs well enough

Game Science confirms Tuesday that production has gone gold. Not shabby in the least for a project feared vaporware not long ago.

Updating thread title for launch date. This is happening. Launching on PS5 and Steam.

So this shit is delayed on Xbox? The one game i was looking forward to after SOTE. Might be time to get a PS5.

So this shit is delayed on Xbox? The one game i was looking forward to after SOTE. Might be time to get a PS5.

Yeah, I think I read that the Series S is the culprit again, that they can’t get it to not run like dog shit. I don’t know why MS is so committed to maintaining parity between the S and the X. I don’t think it’s controversial to simply say “yeah, the X comes at a premium price but you’ll get the premium experience” or something like that.

Yeah, I'm planning post-launch to update thread title for everyone when a date for Xbox vers. are announced.

Yeah, I think I read that the Series S is the culprit again, that they can’t get it to not run like dog shit. I don’t know why MS is so committed to maintaining parity between the S and the X. I don’t think it’s controversial to simply say “yeah, the X comes at a premium price but you’ll get the premium experience” or something like that.

MS messed up the same way Sony did with PS3. They didn't consult devs about their Series S system and ignored several warning from devs about the lack or RAM. I didn't realize it but someone pointed out to me that the Xbox one X has more RAM than the Series S.

Totally forgot this game was coming out next week. My family is with me for the summer on a work trip, but they leave Thursday to get ready for school, so I'll be a geo-bachelor for like 6 weeks before I fly home in October. Definitely going to pour an unhealthy amount of hours into this over the next few weeks.

Reviews go up Friday 7 AM PT 10 AM ET. Supposedly no PS5 codes were sent. Probably going to put this game off until I know we don’t have cyberpunk 2077 situation.

patrick-stewart-mild-shock.gif

It looks like a lot of fun, and gorgeous too.

I've watch a few reviews and the "more God of War than Souls-like" seems like the best description. I wish it was out now.

Posting there here too for any PS5 users.

First time seeing official gameplay on a PS5 console.

Do the journos understand how crazy sensitive the CCP can be about artistic pursuits. Some of the devs relatives could have a career setback or worse over what they say in western media.

Do the journos understand how crazy sensitive the CCP can be about artistic pursuits. Some of the devs relatives could have a career setback or worse over what they say in western media.
Can you be more specific? Not sure what you mean.

Can you be more specific? Not sure what you mean.
How they decide what movies are aloved to go in is very ad hoc and chaotic. I imagine the same applies video games going out from there.

We pinning this or what? Lol. I'm down but would want to have dawgs playing as a prerequisite. Preorders rise up?

I honestly feel heaps are interested but a small part of everyone is expecting some launch-state shenanigans, Chinese overwatch, or game bunk misled by earlier marketing. What the PC benchmark tool delivered was promising, however.

Title's been deemed 'linear' so am expecting a boss rush game with guardrail exploration at best. Combat looks slappy and not Soulsborne, IMO. Very creative stuff baked into the combat though and the new boss phaser by how well one evades, defends, attacks could be really neat. I appreciate the innovations.

Back