No Spoilers Official Black Myth: Wukong Discussion

Might buy...

OMG man, you solved a big fever dream-like mystery for me. That intro song!

I knew I saw something about this story as a show when I was young. I don't think this was ever broadcast in Canada, but I'm pretty sure I saw it when we got a satellite dish. It was playing on near repeat on a BBC feed. This and some Japanese Spiderman show, it was insanity, thanks for posting!

I’m about an hour in and I’m enjoying it. I’m not deep enough at all to comment on the overall combat. But my initial impressions are that the combat, while cool and interesting, is extremely floaty. You whack bosses but it just doesn't give you the sense you're hitting them unless you do a heavy attack that staggers them. Really wishing for a parry to keep things spicy.

OMG man, you solved a big fever dream-like mystery for me. That intro song!

I knew I saw something about this story as a show when I was young. I don't think this was ever broadcast in Canada, but I'm pretty sure I saw it when we got a satellite dish. It was playing on near repeat on a BBC feed. This and some Japanese Spiderman show, it was insanity, thanks for posting!

Ha!

It was Channel 4 for us in the UK.

I had a large box TV by my bedside as a teenager. I had a weird sleep pattern, so I'd fall asleep and wake up at about 01:00 - 02:00 to either Monkey Magic, Jet Li's Twin Warriors or the hit show Banzai.

Black Myth is awesome so far. I just got to chapter 3 and am enjoying every minute of it.

This game is getting some extremely good reviews from the gamers so far

It is good outcome for gaming as long as the European and American consumers do not embarass themselves by praising Communist China.

It is good outcome for gaming as long as the European and American consumers do not embarass themselves by praising Communist China.
I've seen nothing but the opposite. Seen plenty of people pissed off that this is a success because it is either not diverse enough or it comes from China and then they proceed to rant bout things like Uyghur treatment and blah blah blah China bad stuff. I think there's a place for these conversations but they shouldn't be part of the discussion when it comes to people that just want to make great video games.

does this game have a level up/talent point system?

does this game have a level up/talent point system?
Not a level system but there’s all sorts of different upgrades. From Staff, to Sprints and Rolls to Transformations and Spells. There’s quite a bit of flexibility within the system.

I made it to the first stage final boss and almost beat him on the first try. I’ve cleared everything in the first area with relative ease. Even the secret area.

Game is fun but some of the upgrades are confusing lol.

Not a level system but there’s all sorts of different upgrades. From Staff, to Sprints and Rolls to Transformations and Spells. There’s quite a bit of flexibility within the system.

I made it to the first stage final boss and almost beat him on the first try. I’ve cleared everything in the first area with relative ease. Even the secret area.

Game is fun but some of the upgrades are confusing lol.
Have you gotten used to the slappy float of combat or is it definitely something they could have done better IYO?

The game is a lot bigger than I thought. I don't like the invisible walls. It's hard to discern what is a real invisible wall vs something you can reach. It isn't uniform throughout the map.

Last edited:
Have you gotten used to the slappy float of combat or is it definitely something they could have done better IYO?
I've gotten fairly accustomed to it by now, but when comparing it to GOW's combat, there's really no contest. GOW had much more depth due to its extensive range of combat mechanics.

In this game, the combat primarily revolves around dodging and attacking—dodge, dodge, dodge, attack. It feels more like an extended boss rush with a few smaller enemies scattered in between. It almost seems like the developers wanted to showcase their ability to create impressive boss encounters.

The game is visually stunning, and I appreciate the story and the fun boss encounters. However, I think I'll end up enjoying Phantom Blade much more. In the realm of fast-paced action RPGs, the importance of a parry mechanics can't be overstated. It just feels better than a dodge. It’s ranks right up there with the hookshot.

Does this have an open world with side quests with rewards and shit?

Finally had a chance to play and put in a few hours this morning and really enjoyed it so far. Character is level 12 and took out 3 bosses so far. One was optional and other 2 were main story. There was a 4th optional guy with a giant baby head that just hit to hard so will come back to him later.

Agree from some of the other posters that combat is a bit floaty. Been focusing on the stamina branch to get the perfect dodge explosive upgrade. Going to focus on the combat trees now to see how the upgrades feel.

i was on the edge about this but seems like
Not stickied? <surebuddy>

i'm waiting on 2 things from you then i'm buying this game

1 ) rage post that the game sucks and the boss you are stuck on is unfair
2 ) victory post that you beat the unfair boss and that you are really like the game "so far"

once this happens, i'm smashing the buy button

Back