Black Lives Matter to disrupt MN State Fair

don't see why they're complaining so much about this state fair. surely, if their jobs have benefits to allow them to take off work to protest, life isn't that bad....

don't see why they're complaining so much about this state fair. surely, if their jobs have benefits to allow them to take off work to protest, life isn't that bad....

The key to subtle humor working is it has to be clever, subtle and funny. This was none of those. Protesting a state fair doesn't mean you are unemployed. Here is the schedule of all the days the fair takes on with the day they are protesting highlighted:

Thursday, Aug. 27
Friday, Aug. 28
Saturday, Aug. 29
Sunday, Aug. 30
Monday, Aug. 31
Tuesday, Sept. 1
Wednesday, Sept. 2
Thursday, Sept. 3
Friday, Sept. 4
Saturday, Sept. 5
Sunday, Sept. 6
Monday, Sept. 7

And of course the OP linked the site that said they are protesting the first Saturday of the fair. It wasn't like it took a detective.

How can you publicly announce your intent to disrupt a peaceful community function and the local law enforcement not get involved?
Making your intention to protest known is one thing, and I completely support it, but to say your intent is to disrupt??
Surely the cops they hate so much will have to barricade an open entrance to this fair?

Only recently visited MN for the first time. I was impressed by how clean it was and how friendly the people were.

They just need a safe space to destroy. I don't see what the big deal is.

There is a saying, the more you have to say something the less true it is.

I'm not sure what the connection is between minorities having booths at a fair and black people being shot by cops.

It's just a chance for them to harass innocent people while picking up some media coverage.

Back