Media Blachowicz: Chimaev will win over Pereira at LHW

Denial is a bitch. But at this point it is your choice. Carry on M8!
So what really happened? According to Khamzat, he himself accepted the fight, but in the end it all came down to what his coach and manager wanted.

“I said coach, I can knock this guy out. But if my coach and manager don’t want this fight, then I listen to these guys. But I accepted it all,” Khamzat Chimaev tells Frontkick.

Khamzat’s coach Andreas Michael at Allstars Training Center in Stockholm, Sweden explains the reasoning behind the decision. He says that they opted to fight Jingliang over Rockhold as they want Khamzat Chimaev to focus on one division – in this case welterweight.

“It’s not that we don’t want the fight. But we want to choose a weight class, and then go for the belt in that weight. We don’t have a problem fighting anyone, but it has to be in one weight, and going for the belt. If we jump up and down, left and right, we’re never going to get that belt. So we have a mission – we need to get the belt, Andreas Michael says.

https://frontkick.online/latest/in-...lains-why-he-turned-down-luke-rockhold-fight/

So what really happened? According to Khamzat, he himself accepted the fight, but in the end it all came down to what his coach and manager wanted.

“I said coach, I can knock this guy out. But if my coach and manager don’t want this fight, then I listen to these guys. But I accepted it all,” Khamzat Chimaev tells Frontkick.

Khamzat’s coach Andreas Michael at Allstars Training Center in Stockholm, Sweden explains the reasoning behind the decision. He says that they opted to fight Jingliang over Rockhold as they want Khamzat Chimaev to focus on one division – in this case welterweight.

“It’s not that we don’t want the fight. But we want to choose a weight class, and then go for the belt in that weight. We don’t have a problem fighting anyone, but it has to be in one weight, and going for the belt. If we jump up and down, left and right, we’re never going to get that belt. So we have a mission – we need to get the belt, Andreas Michael says.

https://frontkick.online/latest/in-...lains-why-he-turned-down-luke-rockhold-fight/

Thanks for solidifying my point. But how are you still oblivious to it?

What's not true?

"The route Alex took to the MW title was also available to Khamzat."

He CHOSE WW. How many times have I said that now? He was in line before Alex at MW receiving the same damn push, and instead he CHOSE WW over proceeding on the MW Title path.

The 3rd P is for "Pass". If you just "Puff, Puff, Puff" then you get all F'd up and start arguing people's points for them.

Lol Alex got taken down by Izzy and Bruno Silva. Alex is getting ragdolled, any weight.
Taken down? You think this is a wrestling match? Alex ain't easy to keep down, in case you haven't noticed, and once he gets up, he clobbers your ass like he did Izzy, and Izzy's a better striker than KhamFat. MMA math works in this case, which is why KhamFat turned the fight down.

Taken down? You think this is a wrestling match? Alex ain't easy to keep down, in case you haven't noticed, and once he gets up, he clobbers your ass like he did Izzy, and Izzy's a better striker than KhamFat. MMA math works in this case, which is why KhamFat turned the fight down.
<{chips}>

I just envision Khamzat getting a ridiculously fast takedown from a single and drowning Pereia with vicious ground and pound followed by a submission. There is always the flash KO and scissor knee but if Khamzat looked like a fraction of what he was against Holland then this ends ugly for Alex. This is literally the worst stylistic matchup for a Pereira who made Adesanya look like GSP when he was on his back. The optimistic outlook of "he'll improve his takedown defense and BJJ by the time the fight happens" is delirium. If I'm Alex I take the Izzy rematch, collect bank and stay the hell away from Khamzat.

I just envision Khamzat getting a ridiculously fast takedown from a single and drowning Pereia with vicious ground and pound followed by a submission. There is always the flash KO and scissor knee but if Khamzat looked like a fraction of what he was against Holland then this ends ugly for Alex. This is literally the worst stylistic matchup for a Pereira who made Adesanya look like GSP when he was on his back. The optimistic outlook of "he'll improve his takedown defense and BJJ by the time the fight happens" is delirium. If I'm Alex I take the Izzy rematch, collect bank and stay the hell away from Khamzat.
"This is literally the worst stylistic matchup for a Pereira who made Adesanya look like GSP". WTF are you smokin? Can I have some?

Yeah because fighters’ predictions always are spot on<TheWire1>

People acting like a striker has never beaten a wrestler either. Alex would be 20 pounds heavier in the cage you’d have to assume, if not a bit more. Size matters. I can safely say I have absolutely no concrete idea what would happen.

"This is literally the worst stylistic matchup for a Pereira who made Adesanya look like GSP". WTF are you smokin? Can I have some?
It's called "Pereira gets wrestlefucked"

Alex would still have to cut some weight, whereas Khamzat would be fighting at pretty much his normal walking weight.

I think Khamzat would just ragdoll and finish Alex within 1-2 round. Especially considering Izzy was able to control Alex for essentially a full round.
And knowing Khamzat, he would probably shoot immediately. So unless Alex lands a perfectly placed knee, he's getting taken down, mauled, and finished.

@Post 2 Decision

Roman offered Chimaev a fast track up the MW rankings last night. Once again it will be his choice whether to pursue that opportunity; or continue to fight the scale at WW where he has a size advantage.

What do you think he chooses?

@Post 2 Decision

Roman offered Chimaev a fast track up the MW rankings last night. Once again it will be his choice whether to pursue that opportunity; or continue to fight the scale at WW where he has a size advantage.

What do you think he chooses?
Wins the WW belt first, MW belt second

The weight cut becomes harder as you get older

Back