BJJ Red Belts?

Eric O said:
There can be only one 10th Degree red Belt that is alive at a time. After Helio Dies it will probably be Rorion. But the second highest tank is 9th Degree Red Belt which anyone can achieve that put in enough time and does enough for the sport.

I know that before Master Mansur had the red belt his belt was black and red striped.

I'm not sure when it changes from black to back and red.

sweet, thanks for clearing that up eric O.

Holy shit. Here we are thinking with glistening eyes about getting our black belt someday, guys all over the world training under puprle belts, and this guy trains under a 9th degree red belt grandmaster.

DonkeyKong said:
Holy shit. Here we are thinking with glistening eyes about getting our black belt someday, guys all over the world training under puprle belts, and this guy trains under a 9th degree red belt grandmaster.

yeah tell me about it.

but im more impressed about that guy who had a seminar with carlson sr.

there can be more than one "red belts" and the red belt doesn't even have to be one of the founders. Rorion has a red belt and he is not a founder http://news.adcombat.com/article.html?id=5240. Alvaro Berreto is also a red belt. A red belt basically means you are a very old man and gave your whole life to BJJ.

Bob_Shamrock said:
yeah tell me about it.

but im more impressed about that guy who had a seminar with carlson sr.

Carlson is still alive and teaching in Chicago. I think you may be confusing Carlson Sr with Carlos Sr. I had a seminar with Carlson a few years back and anyone that goes to his class in Chicago can catch up with him too.

carlsondecroberto8jd.jpg

Superbeast said:
Carlson is still alive and teaching in Chicago. I think you may be confusing Carlson Sr with Carlos Sr. I had a seminar with Carlson a few years back and anyone that goes to his class in Chicago can catch up with him too.

carlsondecroberto8jd.jpg

oops, my bad!

hey superbeast, is that you in the middle?

how long you been doing BJJ and what belt are you?

how was Carlson Sr?

Yup.

Blue. 3 years of grappling, 2 years BJJ.

Attentive to detail, kinda aggressive but once you did the technique right he'd smile, say "good work my friend" and pat you hard on back. He really doesn't like Vitor or BTT at all though.

this pic might be real but it looks heinously homoshopped

Superbeast said:

carlsondecroberto8jd.jpg

Nice shorts, I'd hit it!!

Yeah, of course. It'd be easy to photoshop my instructor Roberto Atalla annd Carlson's hands on my shoulder and side respectively. I guess these are all fake too.

my.php

with Carlos Gracie Jr

my.php

with Leo Negao.

my.php

With Luis Tosta, Mario Reis and Roberto again.

my.php

w/ Minotauro.

my.php

With Mario Sperry.

Yeah. I'm a big faker who hasn't went out of his way to train with the best he's been able to get around to training with, money and time willing.

Silly whitebelt accusing a mod of lying... and it's romoshop around here, get it right.

Should I keep posting photos or have I owned you enough?

Damn, superbeast! You da mod/man!
Is that DonkeyKong I hear tapping?

i think red belt signifies the "grand master of BJJ", hence only helio gracie has the honor wearing the red blety (being the only living grand master of BJJ,)

No, If you train for 30 years after recieving your black belt and you basically show that you have mastered every last aspect of BJJ you recieve it. I have seen and been taught by Rorion and shook Helio's hand. :)

Superbeast - Nice pics. But what does it take to get a smile out of you? ;)

Hahaha, owned by a mod no less.

I remember one or two of those pictures I think you posted them up before in another thread or something. Yeah, you are the MAN!

Nice pics.

carlson is a living legend. he is still very active in training many top fighters today. i am not sure how active helio is, i hope i can even make it to his age.

Iloveshamrock said:
No, If you train for 30 years after recieving your black belt and you basically show that you have mastered every last aspect of BJJ you recieve it. I have seen and been taught by Rorion and shook Helio's hand. :)

No way!

thats sweet!

cheers for the pics superbeast.

jjmuaythaiguy said:
Hahaha, owned by a mod no less.

I remember one or two of those pictures I think you posted them up before in another thread or something. Yeah, you are the MAN!

Nice pics.
I'd smile more if I thought less.

I never said they were homoshopped. I said they looked it, you oversensitive little mod you.
Youre a tiny tiny guy, no wonder you spend so much time here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back