BJJ + Powerlifting = competition wins

8/8/14

1 hour BJJ

Good day of drilling/cardio.

Overheard my coach telling someone else that was worried about an injury he was recovering from, saying: "don't worry he has very technical jiu jitsu". Which is an awesome compliment to hear coming from him.

8/12/14

Ran a mile, and then walked a mile.

The run was 7-8 minutes. The walk was about 13 minutes.

8/14/14

1 hour BJJ

worked on mostly half guard stuff (chaining 3 different escape/sweeps together)

8/19/14

a little under 2 mile run.

First mile was about 7:50. 2nd half was 9:50 for a total time of 17:40 ...4-5 minutes faster than last week lol.

8/20/14

1 hour 20 mins BJJ

He freakin killed us today. Awesome training, but shit i'm gonna be sore.

computer's been down the last few days.

Did 1.5 hours of BJJ sunday, another hour this morning.

9/3/14

2 mile run. New time PR at 16:47!

9/5/14

1 hour BJJ

worked on the "flip" pass off in spider guard. Then talk some side control/pseudo kesa getame escapes and theory.

9/8/14

1 hour BJJ

Hard work today, worked on scissor sweep/rolling sweep/kimura combo.

9/12/14

1 hour BJJ

Got to roll with Macaco again (he's back at his old gym for now!)

9/16/14

1 hour capoeira
1 hour BJJ (takedowns)

9/19/14

2 hours BJJ

1 hour rolling, 1 hour teaching an osoto gari setup, and ankle pick setup.

i had a stomach bug for the better part of last week (sunday- wednesday I couldn't do anything at all) And this weekend my gym was closed for remodelling. So I ran and did sprints 3x in the last few days. (my hips are fairly sore atm).

first 2 days: ran half mile, 5 hill sprints (40yds or so) and then 5 flat ground sprints (40 yards, best time was 5.04s)

3rd day, ran half mile in 3:04. did 5 hill sprints, no flat ground as it was raining.

9/30/14

another half mile run, and 3, 40yd dash sprints. I pulled my quad on the 2nd one (prolly have sprinted at 100% too many times int he last week for just starting up with em...lol).

10/1/14

1 hour 15 mins BJJ. Went over armbar details and a transition to opposite side, and a kimura.

Pulled something in my shoulder during a kimura rolling at the end...not my week for injuries lol.

10/6/14

1 hour BJJ went over armbar details from gurad.

Back