BJJ and Strength training on the same day?

Anyone done this? Sometimes it's difficult due to work etc for me to find separate days for BJJ and weights. While it's far from ideal, I was thinking of doing a BJJ class, then lifting afterwards; the gym and the dojo are literally just across the road from each other.
if there is a long enough time between them i dont think it will make a difference. i work out sometimes 3 times a day. i find interval training and hard cardio sessions are the only ones that can fk up my body in training and need good recovery time afterwards so i do them late at night or early morning.

strength training isnt that big a deal.

Also wondering this but I can't post my own thread yet, sorry for hijack.. How do I get privileges to post my own thread? Just keep posting on other threads for a while?

Is it true most BJJ guys don't lift?

100% true across the board, it's mainly Zumba and fresh squeezed Acai juice that produce results.

FINAL39.jpg

100% true across the board, it's mainly Zumba and fresh squeezed Acai juice that produce results.

FINAL39.jpg

So they are in other worlds clueless taking down a guy who lifts and just stalls them?

If only Art Jimmerson could deadlift 2.5x his body weight. Royce would be eating from a feeding tube to this day.

Hey everybody, I'm sonny liston. I train boxing after all..

I wrote "most BJJ guys". Most BJJ guys are not even fighters. But I'm happy you think training BJJ makes you Royce Gracie

Nah, I'm more like Cyborg Abreau. Kinda like how you're more coordinated than Deonte Wilder. Potato Potato.

Not sure why you don't think I can move and punch. Is this what you're talking about? The coordination of it all?

I'm no Ali but my coordination is better than Wilder. I never trip over my lead foot and lose balance.

I followed a strength program 4 days a week doing Judo the same day as weights got injured and was off for 2 years. Not able to do my job well or earn money filled with opiates and heading to surgery.

I was lucky I got non conventional therapy. But I am still paying the price.

If your doing BJJ thats your main sport do that and do weights 2 times a week max.

I followed a strength program 4 days a week doing Judo the same day as weights got injured and was off for 2 years. Not able to do my job well or earn money filled with opiates and heading to surgery.

I was lucky I got non conventional therapy. But I am still paying the price.

If your doing BJJ thats your main sport do that and do weights 2 times a week max.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing at the moment; 2 x strength training per week. The long range forecast for Scotland is an exceptionally harsh winter. If that's the case, and weather conditions make running outside too risky, I may add more gym sessions so I can use the Prowler for conditioning.

Back